Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522570 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10140 on: October 05, 2013, 10:52:19 pm »
DS needed new runners & also cricket ones...naturally he picks the brightest ones available 

At the Melbourne show, I picked up beautiful semi dried olives, olive oils & soap
DD scored some ham ish & Andy dvd's
...and unfortunately I have discovered online jewellers who sell authentic gold pandora charms considerably cheaper than retail  :-[

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: October 05, 2013, 11:00:21 pm »
Love the Pandora charms Maddy (though I'm a silver girl)  ;D.  I received a silver Pandora bangle for my birthday and have already bought some of the clips/charms to go on.  Not in any rush to fill it of course, but I really like it.  :D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10142 on: October 06, 2013, 12:14:12 am »
Love the charms Maddy :)

CP you will love the Android. ..we are a Galaxy family... phones, notes and tablets. Very customisable. Occasionally I wish there were more apps but it's getting there.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: October 06, 2013, 03:44:03 am »
Love that cheery blossom charm!

I'm taking DS shoe shopping this week - his last shoes could have competed with those on brightness, Maddy.  Will see how this time goes.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: October 06, 2013, 04:59:11 am »
Love the charms maddy, like Julie I am a silver girl too but only through necessity - gold ones are too expensive for me  ;D

My latest charm was from CC, a London bus with an English flag on the roof.  I can't work out how to put it on myself and keep forgetting to take it to the Pandora shop to get them to do it. I've now written myself a note and will do it next week come hell or high water.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: October 06, 2013, 08:50:57 am »
Lovely shopping.
Hally is on a cruise folks. She should be back soon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: October 06, 2013, 09:19:09 am »
cookie, that is why Hally has been quiet..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: October 06, 2013, 10:29:55 am »
Maddy the charms are lovely. I am a gold pandora too. Although I have some silver ones on there too as gold us sooo expensive.  I think DS might glow in the dark with those shoes.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #10148 on: October 06, 2013, 12:04:08 pm »
Love the charms maddy, like Julie I am a silver girl too but only through necessity - gold ones are too expensive for me  ;D

Lol Pandora is too expensive for me! But then I don't have much jewellery at all. I really need a gold chain to wear the pearl my DH bought nearly ten years ago lol.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: October 06, 2013, 12:34:45 pm »
Before Pandora was around DD had a beautiful bracelet with charms on from all over Australia. It was gorgeous. Sadly someone horrid person took it when our house was burgled many years ago. It had so many charms with so many memories.

I'm not a fan of Pandora but do love bracelets.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: October 06, 2013, 11:19:00 pm »
I love them on everyone else but as soon as I was bought one plus a few charms as a gift decided they weren't for me  :-\ so know it's sits not being worn - what a waste, I wonder if I could sell it on ebay.

Maddie, my DS wanted those runners on the weekend and I refused to buy them because of the cost, runners are so expensive.

mcmich

« Reply #10151 on: October 07, 2013, 12:00:13 am »
Wonder, I sold my gold Pandora bracelet and charms on ebay. If you have the original packaging it helps. I had 14ct gold charms and clips and two tone charms and safety chain that I sold separately. Didn't get all my money back but better than left sitting in a jewellery box unworn.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: October 07, 2013, 05:03:59 am »
a couple of years ago, I got all my jewelery I never wear, took it to a friend who is a jeweler, he melted it down, and made me a gold bracelet , with lots of stones in it. Its a one off, and I love it.. :D

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: October 07, 2013, 05:54:59 am »
That's a good idea Robyn. Most of my stuff I inherited from Mum and an Aunt so I couldn't bring myself to melt it down. Perhaps DD will though.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: October 07, 2013, 05:59:15 am »
Great idea Robyn I know a few people who have done that, I've never been much of a jewellery person so wouldn't have enough to make much. My Pandora is silver so not as expensive as the gold but I still might look at selling on ebay Mich, thanks for the idea.