Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522113 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9870 on: August 28, 2013, 11:49:15 am »
Yesterday I bought a clothes dryer from Appliances Online, saving a couple of hundred and free delivery tomorrow (and taking away the old one). The driver is going to call me and indicate what time he'll be dropping it off. I was very impressed with their website service.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: August 28, 2013, 12:03:46 pm »
That's good to know CP, I'll keep them in mind...I have my eye on a new washing machine :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #9872 on: August 28, 2013, 12:31:14 pm »
Aaargh. Gert, was I that unobservant??? Did not notice a big magnet!

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: August 28, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »
I agree nikkit, makes me annoyed too.
Great idea stacelee,  love mine as it has the same footprint as my machines(and BIL made it specially for me), extra storage is always good.

Bedlam, he could make some extra cash. I would love one of those too!!
Medusa, in Oz

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: August 28, 2013, 10:22:42 pm »
I've had no trouble with my Dyson, just keep in mind the battery life is short so dont try doing the whole house in one go.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #9875 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:59 pm »
Good to know Wonder.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: August 28, 2013, 11:57:08 pm »
Great board thingy Bedlam. Is BIL taking orders yet?  ;D

Love my Dyson animal Courton. It gets used most days. My only advice is not to use the MAX button as that chews battery life very quickly (MAX power isn't necessary anyway IMHO)

“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: August 29, 2013, 11:36:13 am »
I've had no problems with my Dyson Animal :)

I bought the Tefal Cook 4 Me a week ago & have used it 4 times - I love it. It's so easy to use & the meals are nice.

I have just sold my pressure cooker that I bought back in May because I found it time consuming & fiddly! Meals that I thought would take 10 min to cook took me twice that & more by the time the pressure went up, then it had to go down - I hated it. I used it 3 times & that was enough for me to know that I never wanted to use it again!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: August 29, 2013, 11:50:56 am »
What's the recipe book that came with it like?

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: August 29, 2013, 12:01:34 pm »
I have my thermomix sitting on a cutting board with a drawer underneath that I bought from Target.  I've stuck felt feet to the bottom of it which lets me slide it forward and backwards on the bench and I keep all of the bits I use all of the time in the drawer....ie scrapers, thermometer, teaspoons, spatulas.  I've actually bought two more of them...I have my embroidery sewing machine sitting on one of them with my commonly used threads, bobbins, scissors etc in it.

The link is http://shop.target.com.au/p/acacia-chopping-board-with-drawer/P53164674 if anyone is after one.

I went to the local target today and they didn't have any! Arghhhh

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #9880 on: August 29, 2013, 12:53:47 pm »
so pleased all of you have had no problems with Dyson Animal. I was concerned since we have a Dyson dust buster which loses charge after 20 seconds!

I feel the same way about my current PC... it is such a hassle to judge when to turn off the pressure. Otherwise, the water spouts everywhere!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: August 29, 2013, 02:17:45 pm »
Got a call from the delivery man this morning. He said he'd be here approx 11:30  - 1:30 and he turned up at 11:50am. Am a big fan of this business so far as they seem to be right on the ball. I would not have got this dryer inside my front door at the same price as Hardly Normal etc

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: August 29, 2013, 09:01:39 pm »
I have my thermomix sitting on a cutting board with a drawer underneath that I bought from Target.  I've stuck felt feet to the bottom of it which lets me slide it forward and backwards on the bench and I keep all of the bits I use all of the time in the drawer....ie scrapers, thermometer, teaspoons, spatulas.  I've actually bought two more of them...I have my embroidery sewing machine sitting on one of them with my commonly used threads, bobbins, scissors etc in it.

The link is http://shop.target.com.au/p/acacia-chopping-board-with-drawer/P53164674 if anyone is after one.

Just ordered mine online (one for me, and for Christmas -  one for DD and one for a friend)  For that few dollars extra it's worth the delivery to the front door for me!!  Thanks again for the link, Stacelee!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: August 29, 2013, 09:09:05 pm »
Got a call from the delivery man this morning. He said he'd be here approx 11:30  - 1:30 and he turned up at 11:50am. Am a big fan of this business so far as they seem to be right on the ball. I would not have got this dryer inside my front door at the same price as Hardly Normal etc

We've had dryer, dishwasher and small freezer over the years from Appliances Online - can't recommend them highly enough!!  Had the same excellent service and excellent discounted prices as CP - delivery (free in most areas), installation if needed, and removal of the old appliance . . . can't ask more than that!!

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:55 pm »

Just ordered mine online (one for me, and for Christmas -  one for DD and one for a friend)  For that few dollars extra it's worth the delivery to the front door for me!!  Thanks again for the link, Stacelee!

That looks like a really good idea, thanks for posting it.

For those of you who have put felt feet on these (and other similar boards), does it affect the stability of the TMX when it is mixing a heavy load, i.e. kneading bread?  I would be scared if I turned my back for a second the whole thing would tumble to the floor!  The felt feet sound like such a good idea though, I would love to be reassured that everything is safe if I used them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:51:21 pm by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.