Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522120 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9405 on: July 09, 2013, 07:53:42 pm »
Chookie - I curled up in bed last night with the two books I bought . . was so taken with the simplicity and charm of Annabel White's book I found "Simply the Best" on Fishpond  :-)) :-))

Yes, the price of the Little Paris Kitchen is a bit steep atm. . and given what you had to say maybe I'll wait to see what you think of the rest of it . . . :)

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: July 09, 2013, 07:59:09 pm »
The book (Simply the Best) I ordered from Fishpond came from their "Smartsell" section.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Apparently you just pack up any and all books you no longer want/need, Fishpond will pick them up, and sell them on for you . . . .I've never heard of it before.

http://www.fishpond.com.au/smartsell/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:01:53 pm by goldfish »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: July 09, 2013, 08:02:40 pm »
It's a good way of decluttering books GF.Are you tempted to do it ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: July 09, 2013, 08:10:04 pm »
Not sure, CC  :D  Still trying to "downsize" considerably on lots of stuff . .it's  tempting in as much as you just have to email and they come and pick up boxes.  We'll see.  Might give it a whirl on a test run so to speak . .just to see how it works. ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9409 on: July 09, 2013, 10:17:17 pm »
GF,  like that idea from Fishpond,   But have problems parting with my books. 
With Rachel Khoo's book, I have added it to my library in ' Eat your Books'.  Love that site.   About to look up recipes for my sister who has 2 buckets of lemons. 
I also bought a Karen Martini ' collection' .  Like her recipes.  Well written and the sort of food we eat.  Bought it from Readings, off their specials table. 

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: July 09, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »
I do like to know the time on my numerous wakings. My problem is my aging eyesight, i have to sort of squint to read the alarm clock without glasses. Does it project it very large?

Yes it does.  You can aim it on the ceiling  or wall . I have mine on the ceiling. It is in red and I can read it easily  without my glasses and I'm pretty nearsighted.. It works with a battery or direct power. You can have it in  24 hour time or not. Centigrade or not

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: July 09, 2013, 10:45:46 pm »
We have those clocks gert... Had them for years.. Has never kept me awake but nice to know what time or temp it is without getting out of a warm bed lol... Ours are all southern cross digital I think it's called... Love them x
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: July 09, 2013, 10:49:32 pm »
Ps trying not to look at cookbooks lol...

Someone said to me the other day that ppl with alot of cookbooks can't cook lol Hrmm .. Ok thought that was funny..this has never tried my cooking so didn't take it personally lol but was gobsmacked by my cookbook collection...dh laughed

mcmich

« Reply #9413 on: July 09, 2013, 10:53:58 pm »

Someone said to me the other day that ppl with alot of cookbooks can't cook lol Hrmm .. Ok thought that was funny..this has never tried my cooking so didn't take it personally lol but was gobsmacked by my cookbook collection...dh laughed

Going on that theory there are a lot of people on this forum who can't cook.  ;D

My cooking should be much better now that I've got rid of 15 cookbooks.  :D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: July 09, 2013, 10:59:54 pm »
Lol mich....I found it very rude to even say something like that but I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion as warped as it is!!

In any case it's not stopping me from buying books..

Ps mich we will have to organise a catchup next time your in syd if before teninas class x

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9415 on: July 09, 2013, 11:04:06 pm »

I would be the most hopeless cook of all time.   ;D. I think this is one of the funniest things I have heard for a long time.   Wonder why she said it?

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: July 09, 2013, 11:08:26 pm »
It was a he lol and of a certain age...don't know but hasn't had alot of good cooks around him and they eat out alot...I didn't even comment as I thought it was a stupid comment... I guess like alot of ppl something he heard and believed :(

mcmich

« Reply #9417 on: July 09, 2013, 11:16:22 pm »
Lol mich....I found it very rude to even say something like that but I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion as warped as it is!!

In any case it's not stopping me from buying books..

Ps mich we will have to organise a catchup next time your in syd if before teninas class x

Would love to catch up Kim.  ;D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: July 10, 2013, 01:12:46 am »
Someone said to me the other day that ppl with alot of cookbooks can't cook lol Hrmm[/b] .. Ok thought that was funny..this has never tried my cooking so didn't take it personally lol but was gobsmacked by my cookbook collection...dh laughed

....and another case of brain not engaging mouth  :P
well that person must think Nigella is very mediocre then....seen her cookbook collection  ;)

How apt, this hopeless cook added 2 more books to the collection  :P

Reviews were great, and thought there might be some inspiration to use this appliance that sits idle...as I don't use it for traditional cake pops.

And finally decided on an iron....not a riveting purchase, but it better be as good as it promises

.....not too happy on its colour though  :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:23:13 am by judydawn »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: July 10, 2013, 01:14:41 am »
Love the books Maddy.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url