Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522048 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9195 on: June 27, 2013, 08:31:43 am »
Have decided to order some of the tea from T2 online.  This thread is bad for me.

Glad slow cooker is going well Gert.  Have some beef cheeks to cook as well.

stacelee

« Reply #9196 on: June 27, 2013, 08:39:25 am »
If you like vanilla, get some Madagascan (sp?) Vanilla.  Its very yum!  My daughter swears by their creme brulee and terrific toffee but they are too sweet for me.  My favourites are the arctic fire, chilli kiss and really russian.  Last night I got to taste some of the Darjeelings and Assam...my favourite of them was the Assam Beesakopie (they gave me a box to take home) and the Darjeeling Okayti (which apparently Queen Victoria drank)...I also like the Hobart Breakfast, which bizarrely tastes of apple.  Their tins are great for storing tea and I love some of their other bits and pieces like the tea scoops.  I'm hanging out to get one of their tasting sets...very cute.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: June 27, 2013, 08:42:59 am »
I love T2. The Brisbane breakfast is lovely too as it seems to have a faint taste of mango. i enjoy their Chai made in the TMX. I put it in the bowl and brew it up for a while, then add milk and a bit of honey.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #9198 on: June 27, 2013, 08:51:02 am »
Have decided to order some of the tea from T2 online.  This thread is bad for me.

Glad slow cooker is going well Gert.  Have some beef cheeks to cook as well.

Marie, run while you can and don't look back.  ;D

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #9199 on: June 27, 2013, 10:10:35 am »
I love T2 as well.  We are drinking hibiscus tea and Refresh from there at the mo.  Make a pot mid morning and drink it throughout the day. 
Bought a new microwave today as decided I wanted a grill plus microwave function particularly for reheating pastry type things. Ended up getting this http://www.panasonic.com.au/Products/Microwave+ovens/Steam/Product+listing anyone else here have one?  Two oldest granddaughters coming to play during the school holidays too so added to my granny craft  stash...... http://www.craftonline.com.au/shopping/ebosser.asp
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: June 27, 2013, 01:32:32 pm »

it's a vase  8)

3 sets of new soft bath sheets, & hand towels.....my old ones are too far on the shabby side, than the chic!

I know the show hasn't started yet   :P  but loved the look of this book

......and Mr. Maddy has just bought this today

UNFORTUNATELY, completely not by choice!
His 18 month old tractor is still in pieces, with major engine repairs required, and it's warranty runs out in August  :-)).  It was a lemon from the get-go, and it has cost us lot of money whilst its had MANY issues  attended to >:(
We have lots of work ahead, so if this new one above has any issues....there will be blood!  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: June 27, 2013, 01:44:24 pm »
I think you have a lot more shopping you can do to catch up with DH's spending maddy, what a lovely looking piece of equipment.  I hope he has more luck with this one though.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: June 27, 2013, 09:00:16 pm »
Do they peel the apples for the children Jo? I have one of those and I love it as it takes ages to peel and chop a pile of apples for pies etc.
Not usually, but each day has some type of food prep activity - baking, drinks, fruit kebabs, sandwiches, whatever. I have taken my apple cutter along before and it's great fun.
I love mine for apple crumbles and pies and just for sliced apple.  ;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: June 27, 2013, 10:14:21 pm »
I have 2 apple slinkys jo.

Great for kids.

Maddy, love Mr Maddy's shopping. ;D

why is it Guy shopping is alot more expensive than girls shopping..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:57 pm »
Great shopping Maddy although I think you have a lot of catching up to do to keep up with Mr Maddy :D ;D

I also purchased the bake off book from ibooks, some very interesting recipes in it.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: June 27, 2013, 10:40:13 pm »
Maddy that looks like a Tonka Tractor but no doubt costs a wee bit more. Lovely piece of equipment and something that really works well. Must have been very frustrating and nasty to have bought a Lemon. Name and Shame I say. I feel sorry for farmers who get dudded. Not nice and a sad reflection on the people who sell such stuff to them. Life is hard enough.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: June 27, 2013, 11:25:15 pm »
Hey Gert, you got room in your slow cooker for a sly fox ? (don't think I want to eat it though...just thought it might match the bunny you cooked!)
We had one come in at about 4.30 yesterday arvo and hurt a chook (won't go into graphics...but I had to put it out of its misery).
He's still around as we heard him terrorising geese up the road last night and also this morning. I'm not letting my chookies out today  :(

Ooops, sorry...that's not got anything to do with shopping has it?

Except we have to go buy more chooks as ours are slowly disappearing.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: June 27, 2013, 11:28:39 pm »
That is a Shane Nikkit, I guess foxes got to eat too. You allowed to shoot it.? Fox collar might be nice on the driazabone.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: June 28, 2013, 12:33:38 am »
Maddy that looks like a Tonka Tractor but no doubt costs a wee bit more.

LOL...it does in that picture  :P  wish it had the same price tag as a tonka!

Must have been very frustrating and nasty to have bought a Lemon. Name and Shame I say. I feel sorry for farmers who get dudded.
Gert

this is the 2nd new tractor we've had major mechanical issues with.  What's infuriating is that this time, it's kaput because 1 bolt wasn't tightened up enough in the engine, at the manufacturers plant   :-))......no one reimburses us for the down time whilst its out of action because go their stuff ups!  >:(.....so we are so done with this company forever!

I would love to name & shame, but I have just been through an ordeal with another atrocious company, who had threatened me with a defamation lawsuit for telling the truth about them, and  their unbelievably disgusting service   :-))  so, you could say I'm more than wary in doing so now!
The consumer loses again  :-))

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: June 28, 2013, 12:46:24 am »
Maybe you could just tell us the atrocious company name without saying atrocious. Like I bought a  blank  from blank and it died. No harm in that.. We say it all the time about other products being unsatisfactory or the service being bad like the William Sonoma problems in Sydney.

The more these people get publicised the better it is for everyone. We should just mark them in lemons out of 10 perhaps.🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

Gert