Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522358 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2190 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:01 pm »
 :) Cookie I would like to see it too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 24, 2012, 10:53:04 pm »
Yes my DH is definately a keeper. I think I need to get him something for all he has done for us in the past few months.
He worked hard so I could spend everyday with dad and not have to go into the shop to work.
He also held my dads hand and told him how much we all love him until he passed. He still sees my dad in his deceased state when he closes his eyes and this haunts him, but he said he would do it again for me if needed.

He is the best hubby a girl could have and I am sure my dad is very proud of him and the choice I made.

DG  :-*
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 24, 2012, 11:23:49 pm »
You can tell him it does get better dg.. Its been almost two months since my mil passed and i couldnt get her deceased body image or her last days out of my head so much so i wasnt really sleeping because of it but now although not at all forgotten the image isnt so vivid and present.. I think its not only the loss of a loved one that is hard but also dealing with death and all that brings..

Great that he is there for you as im sure you are for him...hang in there dg 😊😊😊😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2193 on: March 24, 2012, 11:31:42 pm »
Oh DG I feel for you and your DH.
I remember when my GM was dying and the way she looked, I wasn't there when she did pass away but I'm so glad I was there to let her know how much I loved her and to say goodbye.
I quiet often see elderly lady's who remind me of my grandmother and feel this need to go and cuddle them (but I don't of course) she will always be missed.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 25, 2012, 04:46:11 am »
fruit and veges today, not much.
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 25, 2012, 10:31:34 am »
I'll do my best to post a photo, even if I have to photograph the photo. DD insisted that I don't post one of her.

We're sitting in the Qantas Club at Singapore, having a tiny tipple, purely medicinal to help me sleep on the plane. We are supposed to arrive home about 1am. Then with immigration and customs it' s usually 2am. It will be nice to be home. I feel the need for some plain home cooking.

I spoke to DH today and he went out with friends last night for Italian. He said it was horrible and told me all the things that were wrong with it. I think he is too well fed at home! He also hates eating out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 25, 2012, 10:42:18 am »
You have packed a lot into your short trip.

I'f you took your  photos with your iPad you can post them on here with Tapatalk easily.

If not then it will be a matter of using your PC

I am so happy you had a great break and one we would all love to do especially with our daughters.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 27, 2012, 09:54:52 am »
I bought myself a miniature kaffir lime tree today - been shopping around looking for a better price than our local garden shop ($60) and found one for $40 - not as good a price as yours JulieO but I was happy with it.  Also picked up a curry leaf plant the other day as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 27, 2012, 10:01:55 am »
Judy I had a curry plant, I loved the smell of it. Where I used to live we had heaps of wildlife and was told they wouldn't eat it. (oh how wrong they were) they ate it down to the ground :(

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 27, 2012, 10:17:16 am »
JD - you were lucky to get it for that . . I wanted to get one for a friend for his birthday at the weekend . . and the best I could do was $45 - but it was lovely tree - also a dwarf variety.  You won't regret getting it I'm sure.  I remember just a few years ago you could pick them up for a song.

Is this the kind of curry leaf plant you bought?   http://kurma.net/essays/e8.html  I have a couple of these growing in the garden - only smallish ones at the moment but I'm hoping they're happy where they've been planted.  They do make all the difference in curries I think.  Propagation is pretty easy by seed.

There's another "curry plant" that smells wonderful but not good for cooking . . http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/heltalicum.htm

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 27, 2012, 10:35:41 am »
Yes goldfish, it's the real deal.  I have also grown the second one in the past, purely for show.
Trudy told me to keep the curry plant in a pot as it suckers so I will do just that and just change pot sizes when (and if) it gets too big for the one it came in. It will need to grow a bit before I can start picking the leaves off this one.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 27, 2012, 11:10:18 am »
At least you got one Judy and can start to use it straight away.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 27, 2012, 11:16:52 am »
I've never used fresh kaffir leaves in a recipe before Julie so it will be interesting to see if I even like them  :-))

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 27, 2012, 11:57:22 am »
Goldfish I had the second curry plant. I loved the smell of it for the short time I had it. I guess the kangaroos loved the taste aswell.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 27, 2012, 10:33:04 pm »
I've never used fresh kaffir leaves in a recipe before Julie so it will be interesting to see if I even like them  :-))

Me either Judy, have always made do with extra lime zest, but there's something satisfying about using stuff from your own garden that I like.  :D