Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7859887 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #39030 on: June 19, 2020, 11:00:39 am »
Sounds like a pleasant afternoon Judy.  :D

I've had a busy week, today was the first cooking I've done since the weekend  :o We've been heating bowls of MB's beef casserole (for me) and the Mexican chilli for DH to get us through.  ;D

To cut a long story short, we got the floorboards laid on Monday morning.  We went for our beach walk and got home at 7.30 and the installers were waiting out the front!  We weren't given a time just told it would be early but didn't expect that early.    Anyway they got to it and did a fantastic job.   Absolutely loved the end result. 

We'd sold our leather lounge suite earlier in the year so we were waiting for the floor to be done before picking some new stuff.  Over the next 3 days we went to Harvey Norman and bought certain things, waiting to see how they looked before getting the next thing.  It all came together really well.  Still a couple of things to do (want to get plantation shutters on the window for one), but will get onto that on Monday.  It's nice when things come together.  :D

Have also fitted in a chiro and dentist appointment, so looking forward to a couple of days break now.  :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 11:02:46 am by JulieO »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39031 on: June 19, 2020, 11:06:15 am »
It sounds good Julie, they certainly arrived early!  It’s good fun putting a new room together but it usually means lots of shopping trips to find everything you want.  Time to get back into your kitchen I think, especially if you receive the rainfall we’re expecting down here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39032 on: June 19, 2020, 11:54:10 am »
JulieO it sounds very exciting.
We had a cool, but very sunny day. The weekend is going to be sunny then rain again next week.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39033 on: June 19, 2020, 11:25:43 pm »
Julie, that sounds wonderful.  All done in stages.
 Next week we have an electrician coming to do lots of small jobs.
Yesterday, my DS and BIL came for lunch. Except for cooking the sausages at the last minute, all was done the day before.  The sausages were from a local small goods enterprise.  We don’t normally buy sausages as I think they are rubbish.  These however were delicious.
Lot of rain overnight.  Cool today.
Visitors again tomorrow.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39034 on: June 20, 2020, 08:22:31 am »
That would have been a lovely catch up Chookie.
Cold here but lovely and sunny. (West Aussie cold)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39035 on: June 21, 2020, 12:37:32 am »
Good news that everything has come together well, Julie.  It can be a real challenge.

When we did our recent renovation our architect had allowed for Ikea wardrobes - I cannot count the number of times I hiked down to Ikea to look at different options and combinations - in the end we ended up with a really good solution, but I thought I would never get there (and there was always the niggle in the back of my mind ... have I made the right decision?)!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #39036 on: June 21, 2020, 10:03:43 am »
Good news that everything has come together well, Julie.  It can be a real challenge.

When we did our recent renovation our architect had allowed for Ikea wardrobes - I cannot count the number of times I hiked down to Ikea to look at different options and combinations - in the end we ended up with a really good solution, but I thought I would never get there (and there was always the niggle in the back of my mind ... have I made the right decision?)!

So true Cuilidh.  It's so hard when looking in the stores and what you think will go doesn't necessarily look as good once home.  The natural light that comes into your room makes colours look so different than under the fluorescent lights in the show rooms.  We took samples of the floor, one of the back cushions of the new sofa in with us each time we went.  Was so lucky that it came together as good as it did. Hopefully it continues, but yes it is a bit stressful as you have to live with it (and like it) for a few years.  Nothing worse than an expensive mistake.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39037 on: June 21, 2020, 12:31:27 pm »
I usually let DH have more say than I do as he seems able to put colours etc together well.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #39038 on: June 21, 2020, 11:29:17 pm »
That's great Cookie.  ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39039 on: June 21, 2020, 11:40:25 pm »
 Good Morning Everyone
3 degrees at 8 am. Should be a nice day. 
The bulk cooking that I did has all gone.  We ended up having 3 days of visitors for meals.  We did all the social distancing and thoroughly enjoyed the company. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39040 on: June 22, 2020, 12:01:34 pm »
That’s wonderful Chookie. We are having some rain this afternoon.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39041 on: June 22, 2020, 02:17:16 pm »
That’s great Chookie we need human contact .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39042 on: June 22, 2020, 09:53:53 pm »
Although we have been busy, we have really missed seeing friends.  Looks like things are going to get very locked down again for Melbourne. Not good. 
 Busy day today.  Gardener coming, hair cut, feeding lamb picking up order from Wholesale grocer. Distributing goods.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39043 on: June 23, 2020, 03:35:04 am »
Hi everyone.  Contact with friends keeps us sane Chookie.  The Victorian situation is troubling, goodness knows when our border in SA will be open to those residents. Stay safe friends.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #39044 on: June 23, 2020, 04:56:58 am »
Good afternoon everyone.  I've not been on much lately, still dealing with ongoing health problems with DH.

In the midst of all that has been happening I have decided it's time to get rid of my b***d stove as it just doesn't cook properly and the oven has now decided to go out whenever it feels like it.   I'm thinking of buying a Bosch so just wondering if anyone has one and what do you think of them.  Any suggestions for another brand would be good too.  Thanks.

It seems like everyone is keeping busy and and enjoying not being in lock down but not sure how much longer that will last.

My DD is in isolation at the moment as she has been in contact with the virus through her work at a nursing home.  She has had two tests lately and fortunately they have both been negative.  Even so she still has to isolate.  She is making the most of her time at home and cooking lots with her new tmx 6.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.