Author Topic: VHJ's Soy Sauce Chicken in the Varoma  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
VHJ's Soy Sauce Chicken in the Varoma
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:14:51 pm »
Thermomixer your recipe reminded me of a recipe I used to make on the stovetop but hadn't thought about since getting the TMX. The ingredients are very similar so I tried it in the TMX tonight.

6 Chicken Thigh cutlets(bone in)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup chinese cooking wine
1 cup chicken stock
100g palm sugar - or brown sugar
3 star anise
1 TBS sesame oil
I blitzed the palm sugar, added the soy sauce, wine, stock, star anise & sesame oil. Add chicken to TMX. Cooked for 25 min 90o Removed chicken to thermoserver leaving the sauce in the bowl & then cooked the sauce at varoma temp another 10min with greens steaming in the varoma. The sauce thickened a little but could have been thicker. Served it with the lovely Garlic Rice from this forum. In all not the prettiest dish but very tasty.
My recipe came from Australian Table magazine a million years ago.

members' comments

RoxyS - VHJ, I tried your version of the Soy Sauce Chicken tonight and got the thumbs up from my fussy 5 yr old DD. I gave it to her without the sauce and she said how yummy it was. My older two were also quite happy with it and I really enjoyed it too so I think this one will be on the menu again. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:59:50 am by judydawn »
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 04:26:19 pm »
Looks nice and moist VHJ, love thigh meat. Can you please revisit your thread and increase the size of the final directions.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 03:34:12 am »
Looks nice and moist VHJ, love thigh meat. Can you please revisit your thread and increase the size of the final directions.
JD tells me that the font after the degree symbol in the instructions is much smaller. Is anyone else seeing this, as on my computer it all looks ok? So I'm not sure how to fix it  :-\ :-\ Bl***y computers
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 03:59:08 am »
Funny if it is only me VHJ.   This has happened to me before and I have picked it up when I review my posting before sending.
Go back to your o and type [/sup] after it then continue with the last sentence and it should be the correct size.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 07:02:30 am »
Has that fixed it JD?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 07:39:06 am »
Yes thanks Jan, can now print it out  :-*

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 10:21:18 am »
Thermomixer your recipe reminded me of a recipe I used to make on the stovetop but hadn't thought about since getting the TMX. The ingredients are very similar so I tried it in the TMX tonight.
My recipe came from Australian Table magazine a million years ago

Good work - I made a dessert from a book that has been sitting around since 1983 and suddenly I saw a great recipe.  Will have to post it - loukoumathes - like Greek donoughts
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 01:14:25 pm »
VHJ, I tried your version of the Soy Sauce Chicken tonight and got the thumbs up from my fussy 5 yr old DD. I gave it to her without the sauce and she said how yummy it was. My older two were also quite happy with it and I really enjoyed it too so I think this one will be on the menu again. Thanks.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:19:03 am »
Glad you enjoyed it RoxyS

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: VHJ's Soy Sauce Chicken in the Varoma
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 06:01:02 am »
Just realised that this deserved its own thread - so that people can find it easily and not have to wade through my original recipe.

Good work   :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.