Author Topic: What type of breakfast?  (Read 7673 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Re: What type of breakfast?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 06:23:45 am »
I used to have sourdough toast with marmalade for breakfast every morning, but since I've had the thermomix I have gone right off store bought bread. Haven't tried to make my own sourdough yet, so in the meantime I have fruit salad with home made granola and yoghurt. And of course coffee - not human until I've had my coffee!
I make Rara's pancakes every Saturday for the kid's breakfast, sometimes I'll have one too with blueberries. Although blueberry season is over now  :'(
Melbourne, inner north

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 06:34:24 am »
My breakfast has always been a small bowl of cereal, or porridge if it is winter and a slice of toast with vegemite plus a cup of tea.  I have only ever had one cooked breakfast and that was in England and just to say I had an English breakfast. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 06:54:21 am »
I don't like sweet things for breakfast, so rarely eat cereal. Occasionally I'll have Bircher Muesli or porridge, but not often.

My breakfast is usually toast with bacon, avocado and tomato or smoked salmon, avocado and tomato, with a dill mayo. If it's a cooked breakfast, usually on weekends it will be either scrambled, poached or fried eggs with bacon, tomato and either baked beans or tinned spaghetti.

We love our BBQ Breakfasts in summer! My DH always cooks them on weekends.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 07:46:58 am »
We are in the habit of eating either of two breakfasts. Porridge cooked in the TM with chia, physillium, and cinnamom sprinkled over and served with Greek yogurt and berries. The other meal is Quirky Jo's fermented waffles made with brown rice. Served with yogurt and berries and seasonal fruits. Yum. Plus a cappauchino.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 12:15:11 pm »
I usually start with fruit, depending what's in season. Yesterday,  I had grapes and rockmellon.
Then I usually have cereal in summer and porridge with milk and honey in winter.
I have also been brewing a Crio bru with a slash of cream - I found it a bit watery with milk, and I remembered that Tenia said at her cooking class that she has hers with cream. So, if it 's good enough for Tenia, it's good enough for me! ( although she did also say that she's trying to cut out the cream and drink it black :-\)
On sundays, we go to our neighbour 's for a late brekky of pancakes with homemade jam, fresh fruit and cream. And coffee.

Today, however, I made a smoothie for the whole family with almonds, oats, chia, strawberries, peaches, yoghurt,milk and ice.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 03:09:11 pm »
Always have a double espresso and either homemade muesli or baked beans on toast if I am in a hurry or if I have time I like to make a frittata using cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, capsicum, mushrooms and three eggs with a dash of milk.

If I m feeling decadent on the weekend I like to make huevos rancheros, fried eggs served on a tortilla with refried beans and salsa.

I have to say that if I lived in France I would probably have brioche and coffee most mornings for breakfast.