Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036314 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25620 on: October 29, 2021, 09:02:41 am »
Thanks Mab.  Had to sort consultant out today.  Wants to demonstrate how to make stock paste in new machine.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25621 on: October 29, 2021, 09:11:06 am »
Did she know who she was speaking to Chookie LOL
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25622 on: October 29, 2021, 09:18:59 pm »
Did she know who she was speaking to Chookie LOL
Judy, she knows nothing about me.  She was quite shocked when  i replied to an email and I said I wanted to buy a 6. No demo before hand, no fuss. Just organise it. 
Cookie I hope you are feeling better and can go on one of your wonderful short holidays.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25623 on: October 30, 2021, 12:46:43 am »
Chookie well done ordering the TMX 6 as the extra bowl at $29 is the best deal ever .
WEL I did another day in the sheep yards helping in the run while DH put click on them , to prevent flys ! this time a lamb head butted my front ankle , wow now I look like a battered old lady ! We got caught in the lightening thunder rain storm , 400 ewes and lambs then had to be put into wool shed as it started to rain . Soaking wet both had to go home and shower . Yesterday we picked up DS ... four day holiday, really ! We were so late treated us to prawn pizza eaten in the car on way home . DS ate some , then had the rest at home , as he was driving so no eating for him .   

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25624 on: October 30, 2021, 01:26:17 pm »
Poor you KAtie.
Feeling better today. Only one lot of Panadol.

Chookie I had a massive chuckle at a consultant demonstrating for you. I’m sure you could teach them heaps. When I bought the 6 it was delivered to my home so I unpacked it and starting using it. My consultant was surprised but quite happy about it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25625 on: October 31, 2021, 09:53:46 pm »
KAtie, big job dealing with the sheep. We used to help DS and BIL at both marking and shearing times. We had black sheep at Cherokee. The teenagers loved drenching and marking them. DD would invite her friends to help. Ral would shear them and I would spin and knit.  Everyone had black wool jumpers and beanies.
Cookie, I had a response from my consultant. She said in 8 years as a consultant she has never had a client like me. ???
Preparing for visitors tomorrow.  They are bringing salads and sweets. We are doing BBQ and bread. We did a taste test of the marinade yesterday. I spent some time working out which one would be best. It was good, especially with a bit of smoke from the BBQ.

https://www.food.com/recipe/sparerib-marinade-164123

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 05:07:52 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25626 on: November 01, 2021, 09:40:01 am »
We set out on our 4 night holiday. We are in Collie tonight. It is a coal mining town. They also train drivers here to drive the big haul packs and it has a bauxite mine nearby.
They have some fantastic murals throughout the town. There is one on a dam wall.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25627 on: November 01, 2021, 12:44:11 pm »
Cookie that dam wall is Extraordinary .
Chookie such a family time and I can see those black sheep and you knitting . One lamb today had brown markings, opps . I‘ve been in the yards each day over the week and honestly am quite tired and sore . But the three of us worked well .. the dogs are in Disgrace new ones needed . Daylight savings has whiskers on it as we seem to be in very late , DS added mowing to the last few nights plus moving ewes and lambs to the yards . But seems we might have done most of them , you never know with DH , he might have more to do when DD comes home .
My life appears crazy , let’s add Scary !! Went to the chook shed yesterday to collect eggs and feed the chooks , opened the door talking on phone to DD .. I screamed SNAKE there was a very active 4 foot tiger snake in the chook house , the boys were not far but took awhile ! DD was worried and I calmly then said I’ll speak later . Boys came refused to go in . Late that arvo DS mowed around and I believe DH is going to spray too . This morning DH and I went and collected the eggs and feed chooks , we think it left but there is no way I’m going in there on my own for awhile and I’m concerned for the chooks too . Might be why we were not getting so many eggs ! Why me honestly I am terrified of huge tiger snakes and I could do without this right now . Feeding and getting eggs is part of my daily therapy . As I say crazy and scary . To top today off I am completely sunburnt on my front , thankfully the hat saved my face . So let’s hope tomorrow is a quiet day Please .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25628 on: November 01, 2021, 07:13:44 pm »
K Atie, certainly keep away from the snakes. You are certainly very busy.
Ral has mowed the grass around where we are having our BBQ today.  We haven’t seen any snakes but our neighbour has.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25629 on: November 01, 2021, 11:46:26 pm »
I’d be packing my bag and leaving K Atie!  You can’t do that so stay inside and have some me time today.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25630 on: November 02, 2021, 08:29:07 am »
Ouch KAtie, I would have run a mile. Make sure you go stomping into the chook yard. I think the snakes like to eat the eggs.

We drove up to Williams today. We are stopping here overnight. We had hoped to stay at a Lakeside but when we got there there was no mobile coverage. So with MIL being as she is we couldn’t risk it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams,_Western_Australia
It’s just a little country town. We wanted to visit to see a sculpture by a man called Jordan Spriggs.
https://www.jordanspriggsculptures.com.au/
His work is amazing and we enjoy looking at all the tools he has used. The second photo is one of the coal mines at Collie. There are several.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:30:46 am by cookie1 »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25631 on: November 02, 2021, 08:19:20 pm »
Cookie, thanks again for sharing your holiday with us. Lovely photos.
Yesterday we throughly enjoyed our picnic by the dam with friends. It is 6 months since we last got together. It always surprises me at how much people enjoy my garlic bread.  This time I wrapped it well in foil and placed it at the edge of the BBQ. The garlic butter melted beautifully into the bread.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25632 on: November 03, 2021, 01:11:02 am »
Lovely photos Cookie.  I always enjoy seeing where you travel to.

A trip to Bunnings this morning for DH to buy his tomato plants and a few other things.  My sewing friends and I call Bunnings Spotlight for men :)  Then a stop off at a new butcher.  DS shops there and says the meat is very good.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #25633 on: November 03, 2021, 04:09:33 am »
When I bought my TM6, it just got delivered to work. Did not see the consultant at all. I still have not met her. Just unpacked it and used it.   :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25634 on: November 03, 2021, 08:29:07 am »
We drove from Williams to Wickepin today. It wasn’t far. We stopped at a couple of fascinating looking salt lakes. After booking into the caravan park we unhitched and drove up to Yealering the tiny town is on a lakes edge, but the town is dying. Very sad. The crops look fantastic out this way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickepin,_Western_Australia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yealering,_Western_Australia

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 08:30:43 am by cookie1 »