Author Topic: How did you go in Wang  (Read 4675 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How did you go in Wang
« on: May 12, 2009, 01:17:51 pm »
I Love Bimby I'm still anxious to hear how your demo went last Saturday.  What you did, how many there, did you sell any etc
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: How did you go in Wang
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 02:28:04 pm »
Ohhh where do i start? I'm only just starting to feel "normal" again lol  :D

We cooked during the demo:
*Raspberry Icecream (using just frozen raspberries, meringues (yes those ones I posted were for this  ;D), and cream!
Parsely and lemon juice from Everyday cookbook
*Pull Apart Garlic and Herb Bread - terriffic!! Will post next time I make it as I will need to take some photos along the way.
Smoked Trout Dip (similar to the Smoked Salmon one in the Seafood Cookbook)
Celeriac Salad
Butter
Tomato Soup
*Szechuan Chicken and Red Rice Salad with Sesame dressong
Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon stick Custard (follow Creme Patisserie from Everyday cook book but grind 1 vanilla bean and 1/2 cinnamon stick with sugar)

And I pre-prepared and took along:
Olive Bread (basic dough with olives thrown in during kneading)
*Gluten Free Bread (Cyndi O'Meara's one)
*Home made crackers (out of pizza dough) - funny story I kept burning them but I might PM you with that one!  ;)
Torte Caprese
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
Peanut Butter
Pull apart bread ready to serve (we had one ready and then showed everyone how to do another one).

* not in cook books but when I get a chance I can post some of them if you are interested in any in particular (better check with Janine first though...)

We had about 13 turn up.  And the largest majority were from Wangaratta.  Had expected more, especially given the area we were capturing, but the feedback was really good that customers and non customers felt relaxed and more involved with the smaller group.  But it was Mothers Day weekend, and in the country we compete with footy and netball.

Customers were fired up again and ready to go with some new ideas and guests were blown away!

We had 1 sale and a few more leads to follow up on. :)

We're hoping to plan another one in the area in 3 or so months and Cyndi O'Meara has expressed that she would love to come and talk at a demo ;D ;D ;D ;D - which would be great because we could draw a larger group with her database.  She was actually born in Wangaratta.

I did my bit for the forum and promoted it a couple of times during the class - so hopefully some more customers will show their faces here  ;D (need a waving hand too).

We had a few consultants there - Mary from Shepparton, Cheryl from Wodonga and of course Janine (our Victorian Branch Manager) from Melbourne.  Janine's wonderful daughter pitched in and helped in the kitchen too.

But it was fantastic all up, and I think (and hope!) next time will be easier.

So roll on next one - we might even squeeze in croissants  :o ohhhh yummo!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:23:57 pm by I Love Bimby! »
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:43:25 pm »
Oh well done I Love Bimby - what a big day it was for you and I am so surprised that only 13 people turned up.  You did so much ground work beforehand & you deserved a bigger crowd that that.  You can post anything that isn't in the book, it all sounded yum to me - I would have loved to have been there. Thank you so much for the detailed description of your efforts.  I'm sure a lot of the girls are going to enjoy reading it, as I did. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 03:17:46 pm »
Thanks so much for mentioning the forum. Very much appreciated.

:) :)

Admin

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 02:28:54 pm »
Great and sad to hear about the demo.  Great that there was enthusiasm form users, but sad that the buggers won't travel.  I did 700km yesterday  :o :o.

Hopefully it will slowly build up. 

The pull apart loaf is in the from baf65 http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=155.0

How much baking powder did you use in the Torta Caprese ?, did it flop down after cooking?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 02:40:23 pm »
Thanks Thermomixer. Yes a bit disappointing.  The week earlier I travelled 500kms to see Cyndi O'Meara in Bendigo... so I don't get it.

I used what ever the Everyday Cookbook suggests for the baking powder 1 tbs + a tad more  ;).  And I use my homemade gluten free baking powder out of the same cookbook.
Thankfully this was my best Torte Caprese ever and it was pretty much level right across and didn't flop much at all. Topped with the chocolate sauce suggested beneath the recipe and each fresh raspberries.  Looked pretty good I thought  ;D
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog