Author Topic: New blog with translation of Dutch and German recipes  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
    • Jacq's Thermomix Recepten
New blog with translation of Dutch and German recipes
« on: September 06, 2014, 07:44:45 pm »
Hi everybody,

It's been quite a while since I visited this forum. I am still cooking up a storm with my Thermomix, still going strong after 3,5 years.
3 years ago I started my own blog, in Dutch, since the Thermomix is not (yet? hopefully) very popular in Holland. I am the only one in Holland with a blog on Thermomix....so lonely.....

Recently I started to translate a number of the recipes on my blog in English. Not the recipes that can be found in other blogs, or 'basic' recipes that can be found anywhere, but recipes of traditional Dutch and German dishes, or recipes that I found somewhere on the internet and converted into a Thermomix recipe.

My blog can be found at www.thermomixrecepten.com/recipes-in-English, or you can find me on Facebook as Jax Thermomix Recipes.

I hope you will all like my effort to translate the recipes on my blog. Currently there are only three recipes, but I add more every day. My latest recipe is Salted Chocolate-Espresso Brookies (Brownie Cookies). It was difficult to resist the urge to empty the cookie jar all at once.......

Could you please give me feedback on my blog, since I don't know if I actually add something to the English-speaking Thermomix Community with my blog?

Thank you!!
By
Jacqie

Jacqueline, Ridderkerk, Holland

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: New blog with translation of Dutch and German recipes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 09:24:01 pm »
Thanks, Jacq. Your blog is lovely and your recipes sound wonderful!  I do like the look  of your no bake strawberry cake.  I'm not sure that Bastogne biscuits are available in Australia - is there a recipe that might come close?  I've seen a couple that Google found, but they don't mention the rock candy.  Also, just to be sure, did you mean  375 grams of strawvberries?  :D

Thanks again - will certainly be making some of your recipes, especially around Christmas!  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:46:51 pm by goldfish »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 09:39:33 pm »
Thanks for the Spice Cake recipe Jacq.It will be great having Dutch recipes translated by you so we can be tempted to cook them ;) ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
    • Jacq's Thermomix Recepten
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 11:13:53 pm »
Hi Goldfish,

375 grams of strawberries is correct.

Thanks for your feedback!

Jacqueline, Ridderkerk, Holland

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 11:20:08 pm »
In love the look of your blog, will be trying the biscuits.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Leontine

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »
Hé!! Another one from Holland!! Love your site don't need the translations in English ;)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 01:07:09 am »
Hello Jacq,

Thank you so much for your  translations,  looking forward to following your blog and trying the recipes.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 02:40:48 am »
I like the look of your blog, I will be sure to try your spice cake.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
New blog with translation of Dutch and German recipes
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 03:22:55 am »
This looks like a great blog!
Thank you.
We will be trying some of your recipes as have eaten them in Holland on family visits.