Author Topic: What is going on on Facebook?  (Read 29685 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: What is going on on Facebook?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 01:17:15 pm »
I'm afraid I don't have time for Facebook or twitter either. Last year there was a problem with some of the girls in my daughter's class involving nasty thing being said about each other on Facebook. They are only 10 and shouldn't be on Facebook anyway.

I love the fact that this forum is so supportive and friendly. I think I'm addicted!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 03:49:12 pm »
MJ - It will be intersting to see if you get affected once you become a consultant.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 07:01:03 am »
I admit to looking at 'Cooking with Tenina' on facebook but that is all. I love her bits and pieces there. I occasionally look at twitter but rarely use it. I always have a pseudonym though so most people don't know it's me. It's different on twitter and facebook. The only information on facebook about me is the pseudonym that was set up by a friend.

Gert I don't like what appears to be going on, I find all forms of bullying abhorrant. How can people/companies do this?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 07:06:50 am »
I don't do Facebook, or twitter.

I do email, at  work and home daily.
My phone numbers are all listed if you want me. you can find me.

Robyn :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 07:32:50 am »
MJ - It will be intersting to see if you get affected once you become a consultant.

Yes indeed.

I admit to looking at 'Cooking with Tenina' on facebook but that is all. I love her bits and pieces there. I occasionally look at twitter but rarely use it. I always have a pseudonym though so most people don't know it's me. It's different on twitter and facebook. The only information on facebook about me is the pseudonym that was set up by a friend.

Gert I don't like what appears to be going on, I find all forms of bullying abhorrant. How can people/companies do this?

Pseudonyms are a very useful tool.  They can do it because We allow it.  By we I mean those  who  can not or will not take a stand. I will always stand up to bullies because I can now do it.  As a child I could not. I will take a stand because it is  the right thing to do and perhaps in the past I was unwilling to do so . Then I grew balls.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:38 am »
I am on fb and use it to communicate to friends and family far away. I am also members of a few TMX pages like Teninas etc and also a few additive free ones.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 10:55:32 am »
Ive used facebook for years as it is the best way to keep in touch with our family and friends dotted all over the world.. See everyones photos etc BUT my facebook page is only accessable to family and friends and i dont add every single person i come across like some do...you can also select for eg with photos that only one person can view them.. I think if you know how to use it then its fine and that you keep all settings as private as possible as the rules change regularily...each to their own though but i would have missed out on seeing so much if it wasnt for fb

As for business pages et there are a number of them easy to follow and they are easier to keep track of than visiting i dont know how many blogs every day... The likes is just about growing as the more likes the more presents and giveaways etc and its a measurement of how successful or not your paticular product or service may be and its free...

As for games i nev play them on facebook as to accept them you need to give acess to your private info and they dont interest me anyway.. I did play a restaurant one in the beginning but kept thinking to. Yself how ridiculous that people waste their time doing this and your obliged to do it every day or you lose lives points etc so cancelled it all off my account..

It works for me for the moment but they ofte. Change the rules so if your not up to date with it all it can be a problem...i hope it doesnt change too mich as i find it a good medium of communication for people in my situation..

Find twitter useless and have never joined as the whole concept of live chat about useless info really does nothing for me
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 08:43:21 pm »
I agree Frozzie! I have my FB account for 4 years now, a great way to keep in touch with my family , longlost school mates and colleagues best friends, but only family and friends!  Have never ever had problem and I love it! As it helps me keep in touch but without being time consuming. But I am strict to who I add.
Amanda

Spain

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »
I've got a facebook page.  I had one in '09 but closed it because when I joined I didn't know enough to keep my personal email hidden and for some reason I began getting hundreds of emails daily.
I became very wary and only rejoined in January at the request of my grandkids. 

Most of my friends are basenji people, folks I know via the Discworld/Terry Pratchett  forum and a few political (I'm a liberal democrat) friends with whom I have done volunteer work.

I post a fair number of political links, political cartoons and articles that I think show just how out of touch the republicans are, and how much they are backed by huge corporations, big oil, etc., which has been exacerbated by our Supreme Court  approving of the "Citizens United"  deal, which had nothing to do with "citizens" and everything to do with billionaires, corporations and etc., shoveling unlimited amounts of money to essentially "buy" elections. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 01:06:03 am »
i love facebook, but from what i've heard, consultants have been told by HO what they can and can't like, which sounds terribly controlling. thank goodness they can't tell me what to do. i've made lots of new friends through fb, and it really isn't that different from a forum - there are all sorts and you don't have to friend everyone you meet.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 01:37:20 am »
i love facebook, but from what i've heard, consultants have been told by HO what they can and can't like, which sounds terribly controlling. thank goodness they can't tell me what to do. i've made lots of new friends through fb, and it really isn't that different from a forum - there are all sorts and you don't have to friend everyone you meet.

You heard right on that one thermohaven. What  I cannot understand is why they comply.  "Liking" Tenina , for example, will result in phone call . Liking people who  like or support  Tenina will also result in a phone call.  Don't even think about mentioning  For Food Sake and it gets worse.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 05:07:03 am »
I have been in a company that was that controlling and I left after 6 weeks...imagine working there....yikes!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:11:36 am by courton »

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 06:08:56 am »
I also know consultants are not allowed to "like" the super kitchen machine spatulas (which are amazing) let alone speak about them. What would HO say if they knew some of these consultants also went to Tenina's class?

Dani Valent obviously did something right as she's very much supported.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 06:55:52 am »
I also know consultants are not allowed to "like" the super kitchen machine spatulas (which are amazing) let alone speak about them. What would HO say if they knew some of these consultants also went to Tenina's class?

Dani Valent obviously did something right as she's very much supported.

Now would you not think that they would be happy to have a tool like that at HO? More fool them.

Dani Valent  sold her book to Thermomix  I suspect or at least the rights to the first run. Have we heard from her since she first came on the forum and asked  for recipes for her book?   I don't have the book but  isn't  there one from  superkitchenmachine.com blog  in it?  There must be some good recipes in it from all the chefs she knows and know her. There was  a lot of promoting and lobbying to get that book into the Gourmand Cookbook Awards where it came second. Quite an achievement.

It is a very pretty book  but not in Tenina's league in my opinion and is  more of a collection rather than innovative  recipe development.

Gert

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 08:25:48 am »
Well well well, this is a very interesting thread based on a recent email I have had….I am deeply disturbed that freedom of speech and business practice has extended to trying to block me specifically on FB and my FB page through which I clearly do a lot of business. I need FB to function, and clearly will have to turn to other means and go ‘underground’ to reach a certain percentage of the TMX popluation.

May I mention I will be doing work for Hot Mix Pro and will therefore be putting up some recipes, and info ON MY PERSONAL SITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING  pages, that of course are directly in competition with TMX, but I must make a living at what I do…and it will in no way affect what I am currently doing for the TMX machine (as opposed to brand) and all you wonderful TMX users who follow my work. BUT, working for fresh air hoping that I get thrown a crumb from the HO table is not going to work for me….I am moving on to another appliance because I must and let us all remember that loyalty is a two way street…and to date I have been shown absolutely none. (by the powers that be!) In all honesty, if I did not love the appliance, I would walk away today, shut everything down, and go concentrate on my other business. I am truly over the treatment I continue to receive at the hands of one certain person wielding massive influence, and who should go and continue to build her empire and simply leave me alone to carry on. I bear no malice, but I do rely on people such as GertBySea to keep me sane with her humour and no nonsense approach. May psuedonyms live on…may the consultants who want to follow me and attend my classes do so; under another name if needs be…(ridiculous to even write that, we are in Australia after all!) and most of all, may I be free to carry on my business on or off FB as I see fit. There are 2500 new TMX owners a month so surely there is room for me to sell a few books?

What are your thoughts my friends and foes??

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:13:26 pm by Tenina »