Author Topic: This Forum is amazing  (Read 9204 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
This Forum is amazing
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:18:07 am »
I have been inspired by this forum so much, I have found so much help from so many lovely people. Since receiving my TM only 5 days ago I have made Pancakes x 2, cheese and bacon rolls, stock concentrate, chocolate custard, bread, scrambled eggs, choc chip cookies, mayonnaise x 3, sweet and sour meatballs, peppermint slice, french baguettes, butter x 3kg, family chowder, hot choc x 2, and peanut butter.
wow when I read back through that list I even shocked myself because it does not feel like I have cooked that much, must be because everything is so fast and simple.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: This Forum is amazing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:02 am »
It's great isn't it dede, inspiration a-plenty here.  You have done so well in such a short time and I bet you are not finished yet  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:37:35 am »
Dede I share your amazement at what can be achieved in such a short period of time. My interest in doing it also amazes me. To think that I was worried my TMX would be a gadget that I would "get over". We had our dinner tonight without using Thermie and that was only because I didn't read the recipe for Johnro's Beef Casserole properly and so didn't see the hour the meat needed to marinate or the other hour it needed to cook... Having said that Thermie did roast some cumin seeds, make 2 loaves of bread and a batch of cookies, as well as (now) tomorrow nights dinner so he wasn't idle.
Kerryn

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:30 am »
dede so what have you done with 3 lots of mayonnaise? (and 3kg of butter, lol).

Glad you are loving your tmx and this forum, it's great here isn't it.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:56:20 am »
Hi Zan, I failed the first batches of mayo before I read other peoples comments on the forum and succeeded. And as for the Butter my sister and I went in halves buying 10 litres of cream and had a butter making day. The butter is in the freezer along with the butter milk for future use. I do love my TM. don't know how I survived without it now.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 11:18:18 am »
Yes dede,  this forum is amazing.   I'm sure we would not get as much fun from our TMX without this Forum.

Offline JenniCB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 11:56:24 am »
A butter making day....that sounds like fun!!!  :) Well done! A thermomix is like a new best friend hey??
Mum to 5 gorgeous kids, 3 bio aged 22,20 and 15, and 2 adopted aged 7 and 2.

Living in Western Australia

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »
jenniCB, with the TM, I wouldn't say it was a butter making day, more like a butter making 1/2 hour!!! :) :) :)LOL!!! Well done dede, still winds like you are in initial thermie frenzy mode like most of us were. Just remember, you need to give thermie a little rest for some time during the day!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 12:36:32 am »
I love this forum too it is so inspirational and helpful I learn so much from all the clever people on this forum thank you

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 12:59:00 am »
I agree that if not for this forum, I would definitely not be getting as much out of my TMX as I am. The endless recipes, tips and ideas are sure to keep us going, well... endlessly ;D

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 03:36:18 am »
I agree, it is such a lovely forum. I used to do the same old recipes week after week! Now it's onto the forum to see what everyone else is making. We are having a huge variety and the kids most of the time love it! I have not been buying pre packaged stuff and the whole family is eating very healthy!  :D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 04:33:21 am »
Its amazing how the TM gives me confidence to try new recipes that I never have tried before. I think its the fact that the TM can do so much and leaves your hands free to do other things while a meal is cooking or the fact that its so quick and easy and we don't have to wash up several different appliances. Tonight I am making Chicken Kiev and fried rice both from this forum. Thanks TM.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 11:33:10 am »
I think also having some help with recipes is huge - normally when you try a recipe you are "on your own"
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 08:21:24 pm »
I agree with everything everyone has said!!!  I have found a whole new world of cooking since I found the forum and got my TMX - I had never made "real" custard before, neither had I had any luck with pastry - it's all thanks to all of my extremely generous, helpful and knowledgeable forum friends and the TMX. 

The only drawback with this forum is that I am becoming a "Forum Addict", I keep popping on here when I get a chance  just to see if anything new has come up and it's not doing my workload any good (it just seems to get higher and higher)!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 12:54:17 am »
I really believe the forum has made us love our machines more. It is so easy to get help or find good recipes. ?(I'm writing this while I wait on the line for Qantas-I am mad at them as they have changed our flight on us. Arriving late instead of early, less shopping and eating time. :'( :'( :'( :'()
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/