Author Topic: Pavlova  (Read 7878 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Pavlova
« on: January 15, 2011, 12:17:15 pm »
This recipe is from the Thermomix website. I haven't tried this yet but will be giving it a go soon.

Pavlova
Ingredients
6 egg whites
220g sugar
2 tsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp cornflour

Methods
Place sugar into bowl and pulverise 10 seconds + Turbo. Remove and set aside.

Place butterfly (optional) and egg whites in TM bowl and set for 10 minutes at 37°C on speed 3 ½. At approximately 4 minutes, add the vinegar and then at 6 minutes (approx 1 minute for each egg white) check to see if egg whites are stiff. If so, commence sieving into whole in lid the icing sugar and then the cornflour.  This will take you to 10 minutes, maybe a little longer.

Once this process is complete, spoon mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, place in oven and cook for approx 2-2.5hrs on 120°C.

Once cooked leave in oven to cool overnight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members' comments]/b]

smholmes - I made this ages ago and it turned out fantastic.  Planning on making it again for a dinner party on Friday.  Going to use the left over egg yolks to make Portuguese Custard tarts.  Yum!

dede - I did try this but it failed for me. Must try again though. The egg whites whipped up beautifully but once I added sugar it all collapsed on me (maybe I added to quickly).  I still cooked it in a cake tin and it was yummy but not the same. Must try again when I have heaps of eggs to use up.

lozzylooloo - Have never made pav before so today I decided to give this one a crack in my thermie.
Followed recipe pretty closely, using egg whites that had been kicking in the fridge for a few days.  Everything came together beautifully Smiley
Had read some of the linked hints, and I think that helped a lot.
However, I decided that since my oven runs hot, I would drop the temperature.  Probably shouldn't have done that - the outside didn't go crunchy, it was just kind of chewy?? Also all sank and spread slightly when I tuned oven off (even though I left it to cool in there with door cracked).
So, next time I will stick with the recommended heat and then reassess if it starts overcooking Wink
Still very edible - a perfect mushy pav centre, maybe a tad too sweet for my taste, but ok if covering with cream and fruit rather than sweet stuff.
Very stoked with myself, and will definitely make again - but not too soon, since I just learned DH doesn't like pav, so this one may be mostly destined for me!!! Oh dear.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:23:18 am by judydawn »
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Rebekah4708

• View Profile
Re: Pavlova
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:49 pm »
Thanks! My pav didn't work so I'll give this one a shot. :)

Offline smholmes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 12:42:45 pm »
I made this ages ago and it turned out fantastic.  Planning on making it again for a dinner party on Friday.  Going to use the left over egg  yolks to make Portugese Custard tarts.  Yum!
Sharlene

Perth, Western Australia

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »
thanks dede. i like trying new methods when making Pavlovas
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 11:02:07 pm »
Lol I did try this but it failed for me. Must try again though. The egg whites whipped up beautifully but once I added sugar it all collapsed on me (maybe I added to quickly)
I still cooked it in a cake tin and it was yummy but not the same. Must try again when I have heaps of eggs to use up.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 12:33:22 am »
There are tips from some very good cooks on this thiread from the TMX Australia recipe community:

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/content/has-anybody-successfully-made-pavlova-thermomix
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline lozzylooloo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 10:23:42 am »
Have never made pav before so today I decided to give this one a crack in my thermie.

Followed recipe pretty closely, using egg whites that had been kicking in the fridge for a few days.  Everything came together beautifully :)

Had read some of the linked hints, and I think that helped a lot.

However, I decided that since my oven runs hot, I would drop the temperature.  Probably shouldn't have done that - the outside didn't go crunchy, it was just kind of chewy?? Also all sank and spread slightly when I tuned oven off (even though I left it to cool in there with door cracked).

So, next time I will stick with the recommended heat and then reassess if it starts overcooking ;)
Still very edible - a perfect mushy pav centre, maybe a tad too sweet for my taste, but ok if covering with cream and fruit rather than sweet stuff.

Very stoked with myself, and will definitely make again - but not too soon, since I just learned DH doesn't like pav, so this one may be mostly destined for me!!! Oh dear :P

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 11:34:45 am »
Hopefully you have managed to consume it all.  :) :) :)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline lozzylooloo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 10:49:38 am »
Yes, I did make sure there was no waste ;)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 04:34:02 am »
yummy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url