Author Topic: Hello Cairns & Port D  (Read 12018 times)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Hello Cairns & Port D
« on: July 18, 2010, 02:10:54 pm »
Hello all. Sorry for being so quiet lately, but have been getting ready for out conference to Port Duglas and maddly makling our teams costums for out big night Tuesday night. Anywho arrived at 3 this arvo and it is SOOOOO much warmer than Wang!!!!!!! Beautiful l!  Enjoying dinner at the salsa bar tonight and hen out to the lower isles tomorrow arvo. What a life huh? 
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Cairns & Port D
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 02:13:03 pm »
Have fun ILB, you deserve the break.  I won't hate you for being up there where it is nice and warm whilst we are down here freezing our butts off  :D :D :D :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:22:08 pm »
I have just has a looked on Google to see where Port Douglas is in Oz.It looks beautiful.Have a wonderful time ILB, what are the costumes for?
I always look on Google now to get an idea where everyone lives.Had a look where St.Helens was in Tasmania,after saying hello to a new member Sarah.That looks stunning as well.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 02:50:41 pm »
Maybe when ILB gets back she will post these photos for all of us to see Cornish Cream.  How about it ILB, are you game?

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 03:22:24 pm »
Have a great time ILB. We want to see the uncensored photos  ;) ;)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 03:35:12 pm »
Can I answer that after the photos JD?! LOL

Cornish Cream, we have a dress up night with a theme, so this year is quintessentially Queensland. Our conference is represented by lots of department within the company. So until tues night it's top secret! All will be revealed after with photos. Nog sure if I can post photos from my iPhone or not, so that'll effect when the photos appear  ;D

If you google directions from Wangaratta, Victoria to Port Douglas queensland you'll get an idea of the distance!

JD we've had our fair share of freezing weather too. So immrelisuibg being in a summer dress all evening with nonjacket!!! Bliss!!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:05:17 pm »
Well I Googled the distance between Wangaratta,Victoria and Port Douglas, Queensland and it's 2684km.That's a very very very long way.It said it should take you 34 hours by car and if you walk (must be bloody joking) 21 days 23hours.I'm looking forward to the photo's of the costumes.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 03:00:02 am »
ILB what a lovely place for a conference. Enjoy yourself and the weather. It is such a pretty place. I've told DH if I am ever so ill all I can do is nothing- I want to go to Port Douglas and do it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 03:17:10 am »
Well I  Love Bimby, welcome to Paradise.I hope you enjoyed the Salsa Bar and grill. One of our favourites up here. Thanks for spreading the word about our wonderful area here where the rainforest meets the sea.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 03:52:01 am »
Good to hear you are having fun - shame some of us have to work.   ;) :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 01:56:14 pm »
Thanks Gretchen. The Salza Bar was fantastic with food, service and wine (of course!!!) being fantastic. Monday we headed to The Clink Theater where our first part of the conference kicked off. Such amazing history around there and loved that the loos were the cells!! Then off to the Low Isles for a few hours in the afternoon. Pity the visibility was only about 2.5 meters for snorkeling. But a very interesting place. After that we headed out to the Beach Shack for dinner but had pee dinner drinks in the park nearby under that huge tree (you locals maybe able to help me here...?) again it was a fantastic restaurant with a jamcian inspired band and sand floors who could resist joining in he conga lines??? ;D :D :D :D

Ye

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 02:03:14 pm »
Having some trouble posting from my phone so please bear with me... :-))

Yesterday after more conference meetings we took the scenic trip (via treasure hunts) to The Botanical Ark. What an incredible place and what they are doing is so inspirational. I'd love to spend more time there learning so much more!! Then in the evening we had our fancy dress night. We headed way out of town, into the middle of what seemed to be no where when our bus was stopped by a line of fire across the track, where we disembarked and were lead up a winding path lit by fire sticks (think Survivor) till we came into an amazing garden of candle trees. It was magical (photos to co
E later)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 02:08:43 pm »
After some Prosecco and canapés we were treated to a performance by a guy playing tribal drums and another guy performing a fire dance, before leading us further into the property around to the meals area. And no description would give it justice at all. But the staff did have a great time laughing at us dresses up!  ;)

So now I'm in Brisbane staying with my gorgeous friend Meg and her beautiful family for a few days.

Shall post some photos when I'm hme.

Hope you are all very well xx

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 05:59:19 pm »
Wow, ILB, it sounds absolutely divine! Lucky you! Glad that you're enjoying yourself. Can't wait to see the photos!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 01:56:01 am »
After that we headed out to the Beach Shack for dinner but had pee dinner drinks in the park nearby under that huge tree

Sounds like you had the best time up there ILB, can't wait to see the photos.  Now, tell me more about these 'pee' dinner drinks  ;D ;D ;D ;D  Think I would have given them a miss  ;) ;)