Author Topic: Online grocery shopping experiences?  (Read 8113 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: Online grocery shopping experiences?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 12:07:49 am »
Hally - I used to have to orger 1-1.5 weeks in advance and if I did it too late, had to wait for the following week to get it. That meant I had to be super organised! Think I'll try them again for the fresh stuff as not too keen to get that from Coles and Woollies.

Consumerate - thanks for the tip....will opt out of brand substitution.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 01:26:45 pm »
I have just started using grocery run. It changes daily at midday and sells quite a few different items much cheaper than shops. I think worth its worth a look. $11 aus wide for postage.
Denise

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 11:59:17 am »
Well....I just had my first online grocery shopping experience with Woollies. I decided to go with them as they had next day delivery options and Coles didn't. So I have to be a bit more organised with Coles.

Anyway, I ended up buying 7x1kg packs of bananas when I thought I had ordered 7 individual bananas :-)) oops!!
The two packets of sliced bread also came half squashed and the mountain bread had a bit of mould on it.

So probably not the best first experience however I did get refunded 6x banana packets, bread and mountain bread and got free delivery being my first order so not all bad.

At least I learnt from this experience so I'll order online occasionally until when I actually need it when bubs is here.

Oh and I noticed you can't buy deli items like fresh fish, chicken thighs, etc. It's only pre-packaged stuff - don't like that. I'll see what Aussie Farmers do in that area.

A funny experience nevertheless!

Offline TraceTrace

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 01:23:17 pm »
I started using WW online shopping when I first had bubby - having had a C-section I wasn't allowed to drive so it was very handy! I still use them weekly to stock up on heavy things like loo paper, dog food, nappies, etc.

They've only missed some items once but were really quick to rectify (I chose for them to redeliver the following day at no extra cost).

I have noticed that some items are more expensive online than instore though - eg. nappies are about $2.50 more per box and our brand of formula is about $2 per tin more expensive. The other thing I dislike is that they always choose the milk that expires in 4-5 days time - obviously they are trying to get rid of of stock but we don't use a lot of milk daily so find that it goes off before we get to finish it.

Delivery costs can be high if you don't have a big order, but sometimes you just have no choice as you can't push a pram and an 8kg bag of dog food and 24 loo rolls at the same time through a crowded supermarket!! :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 08:49:47 pm »
Tasty, let me know how you go with aussie farmers.

H :)

Mum to Crown Prince......