Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035988 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26850 on: March 19, 2023, 11:57:42 pm »
Thank you Chookie . Good luck with your Cataract and so good a friend can stay with you . Your TMX will get a work out , surprising what we each do with them . Would love to make more with the fruit but with Covid I feel it’s not possible, don’t want to make preserved things when unwell , germ factor !

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26851 on: March 20, 2023, 09:19:05 am »
All the best for your cataract on Thursday Chookie.

My brother and his wife came over this afternoon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26852 on: March 20, 2023, 05:32:47 pm »
Good luck with your cataract op. on Thursday, Chookie.  Everyone I know who has had that done says that it makes a huge difference. Good that you have a friend coming to stay with you for the few days and I am sure you will have a great time using your TMXs together

I am sure your tiredness will come right as time goes by, you have gone through a massive change in your life recently and your body is just now 're-adjusting' itself.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26853 on: March 21, 2023, 02:50:18 am »
Thanks for all the good wishes. It has turned very cold here. Drab sort of day. I’m making Lamb shank , barley and veggie soup. Then I’ve found a ‘ Stonesoup’ ( blog) for Zucchini falafel. I bought a Beetroot dip which wasn’t very nice, so might turn this also onto falafels.
The leftover Butter chicken that we had on Sunday has 2 meals left. That worked out at $2 a serve, with brown rice and veggies. The veggies were free and the rice was one of those 90 second microwave pouches.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26854 on: March 21, 2023, 03:28:57 am »
Chookie, good luck with your cataract surgery.  DH has had both his eyes done and says he is glad he did as everything was so much clearer.

I have spent the morning washing down all the kitchen cupboard doors both inside and out, washed the kitchen windows and washed the curtains.  I'll tackle the ishelves of the cupboards later. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26855 on: March 21, 2023, 07:37:27 am »
Well done Margaret.
Good luck on Thursday Chookie, it seems to be something all senior people need to have done at some stage. Have fun in your kitchen with your visitor after the op, I’m sure she’ll learn a lot from you.

I went to a different exercise class this morning, it was fun and something different to the gym work I do on 2 other days.  I also had my heavy work gardener come in with his offsider for an hour, I can’t believe how fast these guys work and how much they can do in an hour.  I also had a visit from an old friend for a couple of hours as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26856 on: March 21, 2023, 07:48:25 am »
You've had a busy day, Judy.  I haven't seen the inside of a gym since before COVID and do feel more than a bit guilty about that - but I am a great procrastinator as there is always a really, really good reason not to go!!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26857 on: March 21, 2023, 08:06:23 am »
LOL Marina. I won't join a gym as I'm the same. I try to walk on the treadmill though, however I can easily find an excuse for that too.
Judy I heard that you had a dreadful storm there the other night. I hope you didn't receive any damage.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26858 on: March 21, 2023, 09:56:04 am »
Cookie I was completely unaware that the storm even happened in Adelaide until I saw the 4 pm news as nothing happened here. I messaged my GD to see how Glenelg fared and she was like me, knew nothing about it.  I’ve been very lucky in the almost 30 years that I’ve lived here, even the rain rarely comes this far down the peninsular.

Ladies if I didn’t make the effort to go to the Wellness Centre I know I wouldn’t exercise at home, some mornings I don’t feel like going (especially in winter) but we have a great group of ladies and it’s fun. The social aspect is as good for us as the exercise.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26859 on: March 21, 2023, 08:30:17 pm »
Missed yoga agin yesterday as still test positive, hopefully I will go away soon . DH needed help in the sheep yards , helped push the sheep up . Then my favourite job after lunch , well don’t mind driving up the lane way ( except nearly got bogged on the swamp this has been underwater since all the floods and has just able to use now ! Then crossing them across the highway !! We did well this time . Next mob was easier as use 4wd . Both of us were tiered but it had to be done . Had enough of being home unwell , rather frustrating and truely annoying, no wonder there is Covid everywhere if people are out spreading it around. My self esteem is low I think that’s the issue , at least I recognise it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26860 on: March 22, 2023, 07:12:28 am »
K Atie, if it makes you feel any better, one of my colleagues was reading false positives for about a week after he had COVID, you may have the same result.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26861 on: March 22, 2023, 06:15:26 pm »
Good luck with your cataract today, Chookie

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26862 on: March 23, 2023, 07:58:11 pm »
Tested covid negative yesterday , so pleased . But my neck glands are up and sore , feel very tired still . DH DS want to go to Farm world on the weekend, gosh I hope I managed to have enough energy for it . There was an amazing amount of sheet lightening very early yesterday for hours . The end of the day was warm and Sunny .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26863 on: March 24, 2023, 11:34:46 am »
I did a mercy run of Krispy Kreme doughnuts to DD’s hospital. They were supposed to be delivered but something went wrong. DD had been saying that many of the group she works with were looking forward to them. Got to keep the worker’s happy.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26864 on: March 24, 2023, 11:55:17 am »
Collected DS and then DH DS and I headed to Melbourne. Tomorrow early start to go to Farm world field day in Gippsland! Must be crazy oh well .