Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037479 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26760 on: February 07, 2023, 06:37:42 pm »
How sad that it is the time for him to give the car up, but good for him to know that it is going to a good home.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26761 on: February 08, 2023, 05:31:17 am »
Cookie, that is so sad for the old gentleman, he is obviously quite attached to it and he will have lots of good memories from over the years.

I did the supermarket shopping this morning.  DH is not himself today, he has this vertigo thing again.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26762 on: February 08, 2023, 11:42:25 am »
My heart breaks for the gentleman.
Finley Harvesting Lupin weather DH DD out this afternoon and tonight . So it seems DH DD saw a black cat at the back hay shed ... could it be Jerry ... well called and called I doubt it be we will kept trying .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26763 on: February 08, 2023, 12:56:28 pm »
Mab I feel for your DH. Vertigo is horrid.

I went to the podiatrist this morning. Then had visitors.  I will have to do the grocery shopping tomorrow.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26764 on: February 09, 2023, 09:19:34 am »
Mab I am just getting over a very bad case of Vertigo it’s rather debilitating and thankfully DD was around to do our big drives . I did take some medication to help .
 Hot again so yay harvesting Lupins . DH on harvester and DD on the chaser bin they will be out late .They spent the arvo moving all equipment to another paddock down the road .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26765 on: February 09, 2023, 11:36:39 am »
The grocery shopping.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26766 on: February 10, 2023, 04:41:22 am »
A visit to the dentist yesterday, they are definately not my favourite people.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26767 on: February 12, 2023, 07:31:09 pm »
Melbourne Pride party on our street - always a wonderful day, thousands of people all having a great time and thoroughly enjoying themselves.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26768 on: February 12, 2023, 08:54:51 pm »
We finerly finished harvest on Saturday day/night . Always feels strange , like you get up first thing in the morning and pray it’s not damp or dew ! Then always thinking of different meals out in the paddock. So a little sleep in on Sunday ...DS slept till 11.30 in fact he even said don’t let that happen wake me I feel worse !! Then a phone call for DH . The Crutcher’s are coming tonight to start tomorrow! Oh my gosh , DH had to move mobs of sheep ,DS moved one mob . DH had to fix up old house for them . Shearing kitchen to sort . I went and dropped DS back and did a biggish shearing shop . Home so late but luckily I’d packed all shearing food separately, so dropped that off and sorted . kind of in shock as this week is busy as . And I get to another favourite job (not) moving sheep across the road ! Alway hilariously funny for any passing traveller or local ! Told DH no running for me my knees are not good !
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:01:23 pm by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26769 on: February 12, 2023, 09:00:14 pm »
DS and DD came yesterday and gave me a couple of hours to go shopping. After being inspired by RTE book , I bought lots of ingredients that I didn’t have . Now I’m ready to start baking.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26770 on: February 12, 2023, 10:03:03 pm »
DS and DD came yesterday and gave me a couple of hours to go shopping. After being inspired by RTE book , I bought lots of ingredients that I didn’t have . Now I’m ready to start baking.
It would have been good for you to get that short break, Chookie - there are plenty of recipes in RTE's book to keep you hard at it in the kitchen.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26771 on: February 13, 2023, 02:48:12 am »
Chookie great fir you to get back into baking enjoy .
Managed to get the sheep across the road with DH and all ok ! Cleaned up shearing shed kitchen . I’ll go later to make potato chips ( none at any supermarket) for there dinner tonight. Thankfully one of them does the night cooking . DD texted to say on way home from Mildura . Lucky that as I’ll be absent the next few days so hopefully DD will help DH .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26772 on: February 13, 2023, 04:47:42 am »
As usual KAtie you sound very busy.
A couple of hours at the shops would have been very pleasant Chookie. I'm sure Ral enjoyed his helpful visitors.
I've done some ironing today and washing. I may get around to some more housework but it is going to be 36 so I may read. I have my rye starter growing.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26773 on: February 14, 2023, 09:19:03 pm »
DS last house Swimming sports. Great day . Love Year 12 final swimming sports they dress up too which is always funny . Also muck up in an event , they all entered the pool in strange dives bonds etc . A teacher year 12 event In the middle of the day , is Hilarious . A very warm day even I caught a bit of sun . Late finish ,so grabbed some lunch and dinner food and drink . Might have forgotten to eat ! Headed to the big smoke . Quick appointment today then back home .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26774 on: February 15, 2023, 12:41:25 am »
Supermarket shopping this morning, I am fed up with Coles so went to Safeway today.  A much better selection of items there.

I then went to the bank morning and waited in line as you do, when it became my turn they closed the teller while I was at the counter.  I was told to use another teller so waited my turn in line again.  They were left in no doubt that I was not a happy customer.