Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036730 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26640 on: December 31, 2022, 02:55:30 am »
I seem to have lost a light summer dress that I wear around the house so I have spent some time searching cupboards and drawers looking for it but with no luck. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26641 on: December 31, 2022, 11:28:14 am »
Chookie that is not good.
Mab your dress hasn’t fallen off the hanger into the bottom of the wardrobe has it?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26642 on: January 01, 2023, 01:49:37 pm »
Three trips out , one to water MIL pots collect a few cans from shearer’s fridge . Then lunch paddock drop off and dinner tonight . I waited till it got down to 38 to cook steak on BBQUE.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26643 on: January 01, 2023, 11:43:02 pm »
KAtie the Air/con is new and a Braemar heating with add on cooling. An Eco thing. Supposed to save energy. Certainly is at the moment!
Also with the Weber Q, I cook in a dish and then finish off on the grill. This way, most of the fat has cooked out and finishing off just a few flames.
Not doing much today.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26644 on: January 04, 2023, 11:23:10 am »
I did the grocery shopping this morning and ran into friends.  It took a lot longer than planned, but I didn’t mind.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26645 on: January 04, 2023, 05:33:28 pm »
Cleared out and cleaned the worst room in the house - it was in such a state even the cobwebs had cobwebs!  It had been used as a dumping ground for years and I simply could not get in to clean it up so we decided it just had to be sorted, so now everything has been moved out into our lounge (which is now full of boxes and boxes full of goodness knows what) and we are culling all the mess - Oh Joy!!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26646 on: January 04, 2023, 08:02:29 pm »
Marina, I feel for you. Horrible job but feels good when done.
I’m really pixxxx off. Went for blood test yesterday and I’m now covered in bruises. Never going to that place again.
No action on A/C until next week. One hot day coming up.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26647 on: January 04, 2023, 09:26:10 pm »
It’s interesting read what you're all up to post Christmas. I love tackling jobs that have been put off, once you get started you just keep on going I find. Have fun sorting what you have in those mystery boxes Marina.  I decided it was time to give my tiled areas another good scrub, a big job but I started early and was very pleased with the result. Had a bit of a rest then defrosted both freezers, culling some food as I went through each drawer. Once again living from the freezer until I get the contents down a lot more.
Chookie I hope your a/c problem does get fixed eventually, lucky you haven’t had too many hot days yet. I’ve always found blood testing nurses to be a bit hit and miss, some are brilliant and have no trouble at all finding a vein but others not so good. I’d definitely be looking elsewhere if I ended up with severe bruising.
Margaret I’ve also ‘lost’ pieces of clothing every now and then, it’s so frustrating. I usually find the piece somewhere eventually - it’s an ‘oh there you are’ moment when I do.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26648 on: January 05, 2023, 02:31:27 am »
Judy, I still haven't found the dress, but I do have some nice tidy cupboards and drawers.

I tided out the pantry yesterday, washed all the shelves and wiped over all the containers.

I did the grocery shopping this morning, there are still lots of empty spaces on the shelves. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26649 on: January 06, 2023, 06:30:06 am »
The shelves are empty here too Mab. No eggs rolled oats and other things.
I have spent most of the morning ringing silly Model A members who don't read their newsletters. Membership was to be renewed by 1 January. They haven't done it and you must be a member of a club to get the concession on your vehicle licensing. They will have to pay full license if they don't renew. It's worse than chasing the kids at school. The excuses are good, however I haven't come across the dog ate my newsletter yet. ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26650 on: January 06, 2023, 08:11:22 am »
Margaret I’ve joined you in the search for a piece of clothing, goodness knows where my item has gone as I remember seeing it only a few days ago. It will show up.

Cookie, I’m sure they will renew their membership once they’ve received your phone call.

Today I went to Ikea for a new pillow. It’s impossible to walk out of there with just the one item you went for but I enjoyed my little ramble and only got lost once. If only their dockets were more like other retailers I might know down the track what I did buy, I couldn’t make head nor tail out of the descriptions. It know it’s all correct pricing as you do self service there and I checked the price that came up on each item as I went. I just noticed the clock I bought, it’s waiting to be put up - I’d already forgotten about that one!

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26651 on: January 06, 2023, 12:07:05 pm »
Judy IKEA is addictive, bet they have feathered pillows there too . Slow day for harvest DS finely finished the last paddock of Canola ! All hands on deck tomorrow to move equipment to wheat paddock. I think I’ll slip off early to do food shopping. Been eating odds and ends out of the freezer . But some nice fresh meat will be in order ! Need inspiration for meals . DS said it was a little hard to eat a piece of fresh salmon and couscous the other night ! Must of been a bit bumpy .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26652 on: January 06, 2023, 09:37:07 pm »
I haven’t lost any clothing but Ral has lost 2 pairs of shorts. No idea where they are.
Yesterday I did a big shop at Aldi. They were reducing the prices on lots of stuff leftover from Xmas. Best bargain was a huge Turkey breast. Cooked. No way we could eat it all but rang DD and she was happy to take 1/2. I’m a bit suspicious of commercially cook meat but this was very nice.
Also bought 5 boxes of strawberries and made 2 lots of Strawberry Conserve. These were better quality than the previous ones. Enough strawberries left over to try Strawberry Fluff. $2.50 a box of 250g.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26653 on: January 07, 2023, 06:54:21 am »
K Atie, I only go to Ikea every 2-3 years so a splurge here and there is OK. I was after a memory foam pillow and they have so many different ones there, I don’t know about feather ones but they might have them. I have 2 on my spare bed but I didn’t like them, I need more support than they gave.

Like Chookie I also love seeing fields of canola too, yellow is a happy colour.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26654 on: January 08, 2023, 05:27:50 am »
Yes Judy the flowering canola is so picturesque. They end up black seeds and are all through the work clothes . The header did a malfunction a seal went yesterday afternoon just as they were about to start on the wheat …. Boys drove to Ballarat last night to collect said part ( size of a pea) home at 1.40 am DS did all his night hours ! All super tiered today . Yet finely DH DS are out this arvo harvesting Wheat . Very very warm . DD did a lunch run at 2pm and a bunker sample run . 38/39 !!! Cannot be bothered to cook but will have to do something for dinner .