Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4477950 times)

Offline kezza

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #735 on: October 05, 2011, 11:26:11 am »
So Cookie, are you going to have a go at sourdough crumpets from Yoke's book?  Let me know how you go if you do.  I tried her croissant recipe today, what a hoot.  My DD couldn't stop laughing at me.  They don't look fantastic, but they taste okay :-))

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 05, 2011, 11:56:57 am »

I have every issue since 2008.....I just can't bear to part with them.

2 babydoll tops and ballerina flats for DD, 36 ping pong balls for DS and..............

....Andie.....cover your eyes please!..... :P :P

We checked it out, is the same type of coating as the high gloss kitchen cabinets, and was really fingerprint friendly  8)
.....don't worry, we checked it out thoroughly!
DD is over the moon  :)  of course she will have to take good care of it, as I will say "Andie told you so!"  LOL
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 05, 2011, 04:11:59 pm »
There are a couple of crumpet recipes on here that I have been looking at cookie and I was wondering about where KW would have the rings - are they the same size as "bought" crumpets?
CP all about bread on sell crumpet rings with handles the shop bought size and I am sure rising in the yeast out Melville way probably do too.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #738 on: October 05, 2011, 05:19:57 pm »

....Andie.....cover your eyes please!..... :P :P

We checked it out, is the same type of coating as the high gloss kitchen cabinets, and was really fingerprint friendly  8)
.....don't worry, we checked it out thoroughly!
DD is over the moon  :)  of course she will have to take good care of it, as I will say "Andie told you so!"  LOL

:D
Then it should be perfect.  
Back in the late '60s, early '70s my daughter wanted her bedroom in what I can only describe as "psychedelic" colors - bright blue with lime green with orange and yellow accents.  I had to practically wear my shades when I went in and my cleaner thought we were nuts.  Ah, the "hippy" years..... 8 :-))   But she earned the money to decorate it herself by doing yard work, washing cars and baby sitting so we couldn't say no.  
I still have one of the drapes folded away in the linen closet - will take a photo later to give you an idea.  

Found it and have taken a photo.  The fabric is slightly faded but should give you an idea.  One wall had a "breaking wave" design, blue on the bottom and green at the top with a white dividing line.  Two other walls were divided with the colors the same way but with just a gentle wavy line and there were round "balloons" with the colors in this drape in the top half.  The wall with the windows was white with more balloons. 

P.S. She never did get a tatoo - by the time she was old enough to get one on her own, she had outgrown the desire. ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:47:58 pm by andiesenji »
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 05, 2011, 11:28:40 pm »
Bet you were relieved about that andi  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 05, 2011, 11:30:55 pm »
Wow Andie!  that fabric is gold!  8)
I can only imagine how bright her room would have been  :D
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 06, 2011, 02:12:03 am »
Yes kezza we are going to try Yoke's crumpet recipe. Will also do the TMX recipe as we've had success with that.

The croissants are 'fun' to make. Mine didn't look very pretty either but did taste good. For my next croissant attempt I want to make the almond ones in her new book. I tried them at the book launch and they were ever so nice.
I'm off to do a gluten free class with her this morning. We're ok with gluten but I just love learning all the different breads and then we eat whatever I feel like making. The tasting at her classes is pretty good too. Jeninwa will be there today.
I'll report back.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 06, 2011, 03:05:39 am »
I was in a "Lets Cook & ..." shop in Melbourne this morning and it had laods of things in there, just the right colours, for your kitchen, Maddy.  It was all very tempting, so I don't think you should go there!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 06, 2011, 10:49:47 am »
Cookie, please do report back on the gluten free class.  I have actually booked in for her beginner class on Sat 15th Oct and enquired about Dec11th class, but she hasn't decided what she is going to teach on that day. She is going to let me know.
A couple of days ago I ordered from Kitchenware Direct a Kitchenaid wok and lid, S & P  creme brulee pots and torch and large bread tin. All were on special and arrived today. Felt like Xmas :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 06, 2011, 12:25:10 pm »
thats the best thing about online shopping, it does feel like you are getting a present  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 06, 2011, 01:27:36 pm »
I have been on a spending spree this week, King size doona, our wool one is just to hot for us now its started to warm up, a steam mop from Danoz direct. We needed a new tap for our water filter ended up buying a whole new unit. Bette filters I hope. Went to  Yoke sourdough class and bought her book along with some other things. Then I picked up my new found drink love this stuff. You can buy it online http://www.criobru.com.au
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:34:08 pm by jeninwa »
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 06, 2011, 02:19:15 pm »
hey let us know how the steam mop goes. i saw one in the WW supermarket yesterday, maybe should buy it if its still there...
Our doona is wool too and its supposed to breathe and be comfortable for the Aussie climate but whew its off and its on, and my leg hangs out and then I cover myself up, and move the cat over cos I can't flip it and flop it (note: think I am pre-menopausal). Summer here probaby suits a nice cotton blanket but they have no fashion style/colours unless I dye mine black.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 06, 2011, 02:50:13 pm »
CP the doona I am replacing was a MiniJumbuk, and suppose to be for all seasons, I bought it  when it was on special, still paid an arm and a leg for it. lol The new one I bought in Kmart.
My daughter and I went halves in a steam mop when she lived next door, she moved last year and so did the mop, funny thing she never offer me my half back. I wanted one that did more than just floors, and have been seeing this one on the TV for awhile. They had free postage and a free vacuum (that one of the kids will get.)
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 06, 2011, 03:40:20 pm »
ha ha yeah those rug rats are never equallly compromising. We have the jumbuk and its not living up to what I thought it was. Hence my cotton blanket over the summer months which is really nice, but it still looks like a hospital blanket.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #749 on: October 06, 2011, 07:04:01 pm »
I have to ask, what is a doona?

I have down-filled comforters of various weights that range from very light weight to super heavyweight (60 ounces of white goose down in a queen-size.

I also have an eiderdown that is supposed to be lightweight but is extremely warm and is too small for my bed so I use it for a throw - I have it in a duvet cover that is washable.  Having eiderdown duvets cleaned is extremely expensive, I think they charge by the square inch! ;D

The last time I had the eiderdown cleaned they charged $125.00!  They charge $75.00 to clean the king-size goose down one I have on one guest room bed and charge $50.00 for the smaller ones. 
Which reminds me I have to have one cleaned since Aston sneaked into that room and chewed a rawhide treat on it and it left some stains.   :( >:(
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/