Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5206417 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #2070 on: February 20, 2012, 09:38:27 am »

Very proud of myself, just boned and butterflied my first leg of lamb. One side needs to be bashed out as its much thicker, but happy as I have never done this before.

H :)

.....and proud you should be Hally  8). Great accomplishment!

Tonight we had tenina's stuffed & steamed chicken with cheesy saged polenta

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 20, 2012, 10:58:31 am »
I made Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice (with photo)  http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=5335.0    tonight and have to say I hate this recipe.   :D
After making the entire meal in just over 30 minutes and all made in the TC, I have lost all chance of getting the New Wave 5 in one I have been eyeing off.
DH plated up and saw the rice cooked in TC...  I hadn't done it before..
This was the main reason I was using to get the 5in1..  We need a new rice cooker.   Well I wanted one.  LOL..
And he enjoyed the meal so much I think any chance of eating out went out the window as well.
The pic is the amount he served for himself,  And he would have gone back for seconds..

Quirkycooking..  This gets a five star rating.  Perfect in every way.
Tho I did leave out the coriander and used more chillis

Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 20, 2012, 11:35:26 am »
Looks like you've done your dash Rosie  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2073 on: February 20, 2012, 11:50:39 am »
Have fun Hally!

I made a recipe from the West Australian and tweaked it.  Wasn't that flash still. Stir Fry Chicken and Mushrooms. Needs something, but not sure what.
Only used Thermie for rice tonight.  It's had a work out lately though as my sister's been here and we've been cooking up a storm.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: February 21, 2012, 01:51:49 am »
Will have a go at converting kids' favourite chicken & corn chowder recipe for dinner tonight. Already cooked & shredded the chicken in the thermie, will do the rest when we get home from swimming lessons tonight. Now I really need to get off this forum so I can make some of Isi's rolls before school pickup to go with it!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 21, 2012, 02:06:35 am »
Robyn's Sticky chicken tonight. Last night we had Creamy Tuna Pasta bake from QFITT and loved it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 21, 2012, 07:58:46 am »
JuliaBalbilla's chicken jambalaya. If you haven't tried this it's just fantastic.
Will definitely be cooking this again.

Ooh that's good to hear 'cos it's what we're having tonight :-). Looking forward to it now.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 21, 2012, 09:42:48 am »
We had the chicken jambalaya reheated for lunch today and I think it was even better than when first cooked.

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 21, 2012, 01:04:17 pm »
salmon tuna patties from quick fix in the thermomix.
Salad, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and mashed potato and pumpkin
Homemade veg pattie for me (found in the freezer ;D)

Rara x

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 21, 2012, 10:08:04 pm »
We had the UGLIEST looking dinner ever,....LOL.

.......but it tasted better than it looked  :P the pork schnitzels were spread with seeded mustard, then cooked and warmed in a creamed apple sauce, and the side was a warmed Sauerkraut-ISH thing.....9 year old scoffed it down  :o

And made Nigella's little lemon puddings with a generous dollop of double cream

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:18:15 pm by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:32 pm »
Some things do taste better than they look maddy  ;D

The little pudding looks gorgeous, can't wait for that recipe as I'm hoping that is a lemon butter topping?

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 22, 2012, 03:27:01 am »
frank is eating veal limone for his dinner tonight , yuk
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline happyexpat

• View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 22, 2012, 03:41:26 am »
Here's what I whipped up for dinner last night

it was delicious. ...almond and parsley encrusted chicken with lightly steamed asparagus, broccoli, carrots and zucchini, deluged in a tomato and mint sauce. Followed up by a small serving of almond cream. (For any diet controlled diabetics who are interested, my blood sugar reading was 6.1 an hour later...and no way did I feel deprived!)

Put two handfuls or thereabouts of almonds in the TC/TM and turbo pulse. add a good washed (and spun in a salad spinner) handful of parsely, salt and pepper and pulse until mexture looks like coarse breadcrumbs. Put crumb mixture in flat bowl.  Rinse the jug and put enough water in so you can sit the steamerbasket on top with no water in  the bottom of the basket, but don't put the steamer basket in yet.

Cut the chicken breast vertically to make three even strips. Coat in beaten egg and press the almond mixture onto the outside of the chicken. Set in Varoma top tray and put on for 12 minutes varoma setting, Set going. Chop vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, carrot into nice pieces, not too big. (see Picture) Mix a can of diced tomatoes with a generous teaspoon of dried mint and put it all in a glass (heatproof) in the steamer basket. Cover the glass with a little bit of foil. (I use a glass candle holder from Ikea...they are heatproof and thick!) Add carrots around the edge of the steamer basket not in the sauce. When TC/TM stops purring, , remove from jug and place on bench.

Put steamer basket into jug. Put varoma on Jug. Arrange zucchini in bottom layer with broccoli on top. Put top tray with chicken back in Varoma. Lay asparagus on the top. Steam on varoma setting for another 10 minutes.  Heat plates in microwave.

BE CAREFUL OF THE STEAM _ ALWAYS OPEN THE TOP LAYER AWAY FROM YOUR FACE! Check that chicken is done, avoiding the ravenous crowds that have gathered in light of the impending meal.  Carefully Lift the glass full of sauce out of the steamer basket, it will be extremely hot. Remove foil and stir it.  Serve, arranging attractively and pouring the stirred tomato mixture onto the vegetables. Enjoy with good company.

Hopefully the pic is in here...if not I'll try to add it later.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:55:27 am by happyexpat »
Approach Love and Cooking with reckless abandonment!

Offline happyexpat

• View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 22, 2012, 03:43:35 am »
looks like I need to reread those picture instructions!
Approach Love and Cooking with reckless abandonment!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2084 on: February 23, 2012, 07:28:19 am »
Heading out tonight for my best friends 40th Birthday. I can't believe she is 40. (although Im not far behind) We have been best friends for 27 years. Looking forward to a night out (child and husband free), although I still had to organize tea for the rest of the family before I could go.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.