Author Topic: Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type  (Read 12290 times)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type
« on: May 06, 2009, 04:01:10 pm »
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else had tried or had any thoughts on the book 'Eat Right 4 Your Type'?
Cyndi O'Meara recommends it.

I have just brought the book and I'm a sensitive type A - and everything in his book seems to add up right through to childhood sensitivities.  Even the excercise, stress and personality types seem to sum me up too - I was blown away!

Anyway, I'm hoping to make some changes to my diet to be more inline with what the author suggests (sorry can't put my hands on the book to tell you who he is...).

Looking forward to your feedback.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:56:28 pm »
i have no ideabut would be interested to find out more about the book (and have no idea what blood type i am lol)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 06:32:09 am »
Have finally found the book   ;) It's a wonder the way my house is completely upside down at the moment - I need a visit from some of those inspiring ladies who have listed all that they have got done in a day on one of the other posts ... I can offer wine...??
The author is Dr Peter J. D'Adamo.

Once this Wangaratta cooking class is done, I can sit back relax and read a bit more  ;D

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:53:38 am »
As a doctor I have to say there is no scientific evidence to back any of these claims

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 10:09:08 am »
 ;D

now we know who to come to for free advice ;) just joking  :D you hope! lol
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 10:54:45 am »
As a doctor I have to say there is no scientific evidence to back any of these claims

Thanks Paul  :)
My Grandfather is a recently retired GP too - just the type of topic to get him started  ;)

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:48:39 pm »
Unfortunately it's red rag to a bull to us medical types!  Just don't like to see people being misled or wasting their hard earned money.  Much better to eat healthily and sensibly!

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 02:38:52 pm »
I agree and that is why I am the proud owner of a TMX   ;D ;)  Just wanted to get rid of all those damn nasties our foods have in them these days  >:( >:( for the sake of my families health. I'm not one that takes up every latest fad.  In the last couple of months my body has become more and more sensitive to certain foods (in particular dairy, but also soy at times plus other things) so am interested in learning how our bodies interact with different food types etc.  Stress has a large factor to play in there too.

Although not scientifically proven - XH was a Type O and myself and A - when reading about the two groups it was striking the similarities between XH and I and the pre-dispositions of the blood types.  Between foods we preferred, ways we deal with stress and excercise!  Certainly not saying it's gospel, however (talking for myself only) i have been astounded by the similarities it draws with my own experience.

There will always be something to suprise us I'm sure.  At the GP's clinic where my mother works there is a GP that also practices Acupunture and his wife is a reflexologist...

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 03:35:06 pm »
I looked up my blood type when I read Cyndi's chapter on it, just to see.  I was well unconvinced when I read it.  But I have to admit that what she said about my blood type and my actual sensitivities to food did match up.  Who knows?  I'm vaguely following the guidelines as 'there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in (our) philosophy', and on the surface it appears to be correct, however whacky.  So I'll give it a whirl so long as it doesn't interfere with eating good food.  ie It has to taste good, and it needs to be a healthy, balanced diet. 
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 11:55:23 pm »
I've got an open mind guys, I'm just trained to require evidence!  I totally agree about nasties in food.  Bread is the perfect example.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 10:29:17 am »
Know what you mean, Paul  :)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 10:54:16 am »
Only heard about the blood type diet for the first from a customer last weekend.
Got to say that when i heard about it i was a bit skeptic as they were telling me that as an O type i should be eating lots of meat.
I am completely the opposite! I could quite easily be vegetarian - i dont enjoy eating red meat but force feed myself cos i need the iron.
Havent read the book but it does sound like an interesting read!
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 01:56:36 pm »
Thanks I-L-B - I need to check my blood type!!  I have seen some of the info and must say that even tho' I am a scientificaly minded person I cn see that there may be some basis - if there really is evidence that the hunter-gatherers, etc really did have blood types genetically distinct.  Keep an open mind, never say never and always avoid always.  It may help explain why my XW and I never enjoyed the same foods  ;D ;D ;D ;) :o
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 04:47:48 am »
Problem is the ABO blood group is only one type.  Rh is another.  There are hundreds of others, we all have them.  These are just the commonly known ones.  They're just genetic markers on red blood cells.  I still have problems linking that to what we eat!  And it troubles me people make money from this.  Maybe though, there's genetic reasons why we don;t get along with ex spouses - I can believe that!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 08:02:34 am »
LOL - maybe you should write a book !!!!!!!  Maybe do a TV program  based on genetics and relationships - LOL - if you don't I am sure somebody will one day.   We all need a quick fix.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.