Author Topic: And Another hi from SA...  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
And Another hi from SA...
« on: July 11, 2009, 03:14:51 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm Catherine from Adelaide -  a newbie here and to the TMX world - my TMX arrived last Thursday night - and last night I ventured into the TMX world by myself making the beef stroganoff from the everyday cookbook - the only thing I changed was to up the wine and reduce the water!  (Well I am from South Australia! :-))).  I stood there putting in all the ingredients saying to myself 'this will never work - it will just be a mess', and it was the tastiest Beef Strog I've had in ages. 

So today I'm going to try a couple more things.  And the thing I really like about it is its really easy to halve the recipes - and for any of us who live alone thats such an advantage instead of having a freezer full of extra serves which end up boring you to tears and competes with the frozen dog food for space!  And being able to mince good quality meat in quantities for one or two is wonderful as well.

So hi again, and I'll contribute some recipes along the way, as I master this fantastic new 'friend'.  :)

Cheers,

Catherine
Catherine in Adelaide

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: And Another hi from SA...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 03:51:32 am »
Welcome on board - great to see you have no fears of experimenting.

Look forward to some recipes.  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 04:06:38 am »
Thanks for the welcome TMXer, Yes I sometimes experiment where Angels fear to tread!!  Oh well its all good fun!

Cheers,

Catherine

Welcome on board - great to see you have no fears of experimenting.

Look forward to some recipes.  :-* :-*
Catherine in Adelaide

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 08:36:07 am »
Welcome Catherine!  You will love the TM and you'll love it here too!
I am in SA, too.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 08:37:51 am »
Didn't realise you were from South Australia Catherine when you became our 500th member - go you South Aussies. We have a lot of catching up to do if we want to pass those Western Australians.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 11:17:29 am »

Thanks judydawn - yes having lived in 5 states in Australia I think SA is the best kept secret in the country!  (With respect to others elsewhere!).

And yes I'll do my bit to boost TMX user numbers in SA.  I showed my TMX to a friend this afternoon and she seemed very interested - so will invite her to a demonstration at some stage.

Cheers,

Catherine

Didn't realise you were from South Australia Catherine when you became our 500th member - go you South Aussies. We have a lot of catching up to do if we want to pass those Western Australians.
Catherine in Adelaide

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 11:24:33 am »
i said welcome in the 500 thread but will say it again :D i think you SA'ers are giving the WA'ers a run for their money ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog