Author Topic: Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding  (Read 15561 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 05:32:19 am »
I used dark chocolate, actually it was Lindt Strawberry Intense. I have a buy up when they are on special and buy all sorts......and hide it. That way I use Lindt for all my cooking.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 02:37:04 am »
I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I started eating this delightful dessert.  Chookie you really are the Queen of desserts and how good is this one for visitors with all the prep work done the night before.  All you have to do is place in the oven as you are about to serve the main course to your guests.

I was happy with the milk chocolate and white rum so will stick with them in future.  I did reduce the sugar in the custard component to 150g. My dish was 20 x 30 cm but not quite deep enough to hold all the custard. I might divide the mixture into 2 dishes next time or even try individual ramekins.  It took the 60 minutes to cook for me and the smell was amazing.  I cut it into 8 pieces but it was too much for me (mind you, I did eat it) so I reckon I could get 10 - 12 slices as part of a 3-course meal or a buffet meal with other desserts for a bigger crowd.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  :-* :-* :-*

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:42:35 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 03:53:38 am »
Thanks Judy, I know you are not a sweets person so this is indeed a compliment.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 04:46:15 am »
I love it cold with the chocolate sauce over it. We have one small bit left so there will be fights tonight.  :D
I think I would reduce the sugar slightly too Judy, but nothing else.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 08:41:57 am »
Oh my, that looks so good, I can imagine biting into the crispy bread now. 
Am making this on the long weekend when my dtr and grandson come to stay, really looking forward to it. 

I wonder if it would freeze okay?  Would love to send some back with her for her partner to try when he gets home from sea.  Might be worth giving it a try.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 09:42:32 am »
I've frozen some packs here and at Mum's Julie so hopefully it will freeze OK.  I had a piece reheated in the microwave tonight, not as nice as freshly eaten from the oven though as you lose the crispness.  I'll reheat the others in the air fryer for this reason.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 09:48:46 am »
Must have missed this post before!  The puddings look great Chookie & Judy.  Can't wait to make this.  Thankyou!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 09:57:52 pm »
Thanks Judy, I agree with re-heating in an oven on a low heat.  Some things definitely benefit from that and not the microwave.  :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 01:00:44 am »
I made this on Saturday to rest in the fridge overnight so we could have it after a roast on Sunday.  So, so nice Chookie and not overly sweet either.  I used Lindt 70% dessert cooking chocolate which I guess would have kept the sweetness down a bit, so it was perfect!
I particularly liked the choc sauce after it had been refrigerated as it was lovely and thick and smooth and tasted wonderful.  I'm sure it could be used for other things too.

The photo I took wasn't the best unfortunately as the light was fading which made for a blurred shot but I will make this again at some stage as it was enjoyed by all.  I may even make a half quantity just for DH and freeze in individual serves.

Thanks Chookie.  ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2015, 01:55:00 am »
Julie, so glad you liked it. I look forward to your beautiful photo. The sauce is rather nice over ice cream.