Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7861713 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38385 on: February 06, 2020, 09:25:44 pm »
It is a good feeling when you take bags of unwanted items to the op shop.

I reckon it is a great feeling when you find another thing you don’t need and can toss in the charity bag. Today I am checking the kitchen drawers.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38386 on: February 06, 2020, 11:48:00 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Warming up here.

It must be the time of year for clearing out cupboards.  I have two bags to go to the op shop and three bags of sewing and hand embroidery fabric that I am passing on to people I know who can use them.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38387 on: February 07, 2020, 10:47:23 am »
GC will be setting up digs over the next few years.  I have put aside kitchen stuff for them.  If they don’t want it, then the op shop.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38388 on: February 07, 2020, 12:07:39 pm »
We have found, after moving out of our home for the renovations for 1 year, then moving back in again recently that there are an awful lot of things we did not (and do not) miss.

That is so true. We've found that living in the van for an extended trip, you don't really NEED all the stuff you have.
Very true Cookie. Living in our van I realize most stuff we have in storage will not be needed when we move back into our new house.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38389 on: February 09, 2020, 05:19:32 am »
I read an avocado hack on FB recently so tried it yesterday when I cut the top off one to go with my lunch.  The hack says to wrap it in a lettuce leaf, I only had a small leaf cos lettuce so I covered where I had cut the avocado with it then covered the whole thing in gladwrap.  24 hours later it was still as green as a freshly cut avocado.  I’ll take my time eating this avo, a small piece every day to see how long it will stay green. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38390 on: February 09, 2020, 07:07:04 am »
That’s a brilliant hint Judy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38391 on: February 09, 2020, 08:22:42 pm »
LOL Judy.  I heard about this hack as well, either on the radio or TV last week and the commentators were very derogatory about lettuce as a whole ... no comments were made as to whether the hack worked or not, so I am really happy to hear that lettuce has come into its own ... even if for a use other than a salad!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38392 on: February 09, 2020, 08:53:47 pm »
Judy, very interesting.  Will give it a try. 
Showers today.  Not complaining.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38393 on: February 09, 2020, 11:25:14 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Strong winds here yesterday and today.  Rain forecast for later.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38394 on: February 10, 2020, 06:01:20 am »
We've had a couple of lovely days but I think it is warming up again today. What a country we live in, fires, floods, droughts and cyclones.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38395 on: February 10, 2020, 08:14:23 pm »
The whole of the UK has just had Storm Ciara blow through. My goodness the winds were extremely high and a month worth of rain fell in 24 hours. Our van shock a fair bit during the storm,
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38396 on: February 10, 2020, 08:19:30 pm »
Morning all.
CC, not a nice experience.  Hope you are ok. What stage are you at with your new house?
Our gardener is coming today.  She hasn’t been for a few weeks so we are looking forward to it. 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38397 on: February 10, 2020, 08:30:34 pm »
Morning all.
CC, not a nice experience.  Hope you are ok. What stage are you at with your new house?
Our gardener is coming today.  She hasn’t been for a few weeks so we are looking forward to it.

The steel work for the foundations has been completed. On Thursday the first pour of concrete has been booked. House delivery is on the 23rd March. Completion and handover is scheduled for the 28th of May. The kitchen supplier will then install the kitchen. Hopefully at the same time the kitchen company are on site our local carpet shop will be laying the bedroom carpets and oak flooring for downstairs. 😁

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38398 on: February 10, 2020, 09:09:34 pm »
That would have been quite scary Cornish.  I hope the weather starts to improve now heading towards spring and your build goes smoothly. :)

I haven't been enjoying the humid type of weather we've been having for the last few days.  Not over the top but enough for me anyway to feel uncomfortable, especially at night. Even this morning's walk my skin felt damp  :-\  can't wait until it breaks. 

I really need to get back to cooking today, I've been living off the veg soup I made the other day and DH from the freezer, I just haven't felt like it but it's time to get my mojo back.  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38399 on: February 11, 2020, 03:35:59 am »
CC, that is all very good to hear.  Things are really moving along nicely.  Thanks for the update.