Author Topic: Strawberry Sauce (with Photo)  (Read 24905 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Strawberry Sauce (with Photo)
« on: January 11, 2014, 11:13:32 am »
Hi everyone

I would like to share strawberry sauce today
I don't know if this is same with the one in your EDC. This is from Italian EDC
I am using it with yogurt, panna cotta and ice cream mostly.

Ingredients:
250g strawberries
150g sugar
25g fresh lemon juice

Preparation:

Chop strawberries for 5 seconds on Speed 7.

Add sugar and lemon juice. Cook for 6 minutes at 80°C on Speed 3. (If you think it is needed cook a few more minutes)

Enjoy...

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.it/2014/01/strawberry-sauce.html

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Strawberry Sauce (with Photo)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:18:05 am »
That sounds nice. I think I'll make strawberry swirl icecream ;)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:25 am »
We have a recipe for berry coulis in our EDC farfallina, slightly different quantities but pretty well the same as this one from your Italian book.  I make this and freeze it in small flat packs so that I can break off a piece if I want to decorate a dessert, very handy to have in the freezer.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 11:33:17 am »
Hey! Farfallina Congratulation on your second blog. :-* :-* Had a quick look at your new site it looks very nice  8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 11:41:38 am »
So if we see a recipe on your pin interest site, we can ask for a conversion farfallina?

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 10:04:28 pm »
EmeraldSue i hope you enjoy it. I like it with icecream too ;)

Judy, freezing is a good idea indeed, thank you.  :-* I will keep that in mind. I often freeze strawberries because in winter I can't find strawberries, (at least not at an acceptable price) I may freeze my sauce instead as you do.

Cornish Cream, thank you so much for noticing my new blog.  :-* I am so happy to hear that you liked it.

As you know Thermomix is an indispensable help in my kitchen and I cook mostly with my Thermie. Nevertheless there have been times that I couldn't use it because I had to use traditional methods for several reasons.
I didn't want to post traditional recipes in a Thermomix blog or forum not to mess with the concept. So I decided to start a second blog to collect and organize those recipes.

I wanted to let you guys know about my new blog in a post but I've been waiting to add some more recipes first. Mostly some award winning ones by mother in law!  :o

My mother in law is not a chef but surely a great cook. She is the one who gave me my Thermomix as gift although she cooks traditional herself. In past she participated twice a local recipe contest. First year she participated with two recipes and she came first and second! Second year she participated with one recipe and she came first!
I am going to share also those recipes in the new blog. The first one is coming soon. It is a pasta recipe. We already made it together. I am trying to put together photos, writing, translation in three languages at the moment.

Judy, of course you can.  I won't be pinning under the same category with Thermomix though. I wouldn't wish to confuse anyone. I keep my new blog's recipes under a different pinterest board. So I've changed my signature in the forum, I have a very long one now, maybe size does matter :o :D
I added web, facebook and pinterest addresses of my both blogs in case someone is interested.

:-* :-* :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 01:28:57 am »
Thanks for all that information farfallina, I didn't actually find your new blog before, I thought CC was talking about the pin interest page.

Your blogs are fantastic, either Thermomix or normal cooking and with the wealth of knowledge at your fingertips it's a great idea to start the new one.  You sound as if you have a wonderful MIL and to have one who loves to cook - well I don't know anything about that as neither of mine ever enjoyed cooking. 

I wish I had more time to wander over and browse your blog plus try many of your wonderful recipes and I thank you for sharing them with us from time to time.   :-* :-*

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 01:27:08 pm »
I just realised you are on facebook too farfallina. Lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:47 am »

Thank you so much girls.  :-*

As a matter of fact, I am also on Google Plus but I couldn't fit all ! ;)

You really very well said Judy. "wealth of knowledge"
There are some recipes from our mothers, grandmothers.. We are used that they cook for us. We don't register well enough and they are forgotten..
My granny lived with us, she had a dish that I loved.  She would make it whenever I asked. It might be even a Circassian recipe as my granny's family was from Caucasia. My granny passed away unfortunately some years ago. And the recipe is lost...
While I was writing this I just noticed that I missed my granny so much...

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 09:54:16 am »
It would be lovely to have our grannies when we were older farfallina, I think we would appreciate them even more than when we were youngsters.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 10:37:00 am »

Judy, this is exactly 100% what I think and feel !!
I wish I'd have the chance to show my appreciation. She was so special to me! It is too late unfortunately.
The thing is when we are young ... I don't want to say we don't care but.. lets say we don't entirely understand or notice some things...
When I think of my granny now I feel a pain in my heart with a some kind of feeling of regret .. feeling like I didn't show her enough how much I loved and appreciated her.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 11:53:48 am »
I hardly remember my grandmothers. One died when I was 4 so I really don't remember her. The other when I was 7. I do remember quite a lot about her. They seem to hold a special place in our hearts.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 10:23:41 am »
This sauce is really nice. I swirled it through some vanilla icecream, and the kids can't stop eating it as you can see from the photo :)
Tonight I served it over fruit salad with the strawberry swirl icecream. All the plates were licked clean.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 10:26:37 am »
Looks very nice. 8)
I see your love of the colour green is evident by the choice of ice cream container and scoop ;) :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 11:12:34 am »
 :) :) :)