Author Topic: What are the Kids doing Today  (Read 241717 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What are the Kids doing Today
« Reply #555 on: June 25, 2013, 06:22:49 am »
kids at friends today, holidays here.
they are having a ball. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 25, 2013, 03:54:37 pm »
Nice, Obbie. It will be our turn in 2 weeks' time.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49:42 pm »
Kids going to play dates again today with other friends...

Now what to do with them for 2 more days this week.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 14, 2013, 11:01:48 am »
My kids are 2 & 4 and drive me crazy most days but this weekend has really taken the biscuit. On Friday my 4 year old fell off his bike and broke his leg. He's in a temporary cast until the swelling goes down and will have the full leg cast put on in a day or two. Despite the obvious problems associated with a broken leg, strangely enough my days had got easier, I mean what trouble can a four year old get up to when he can't move off the sofa? Well today he proved EXACTLY what he can achieve when he managed to get himself from one end of the garage to another, get my DC35 Dyson vacuum cleaner and suck up the contents of the dogs water bowl thus blowing up the motor. This all done in less than a minute while his little brother was being removed from 'time out'. This doesn't happen on Super Nanny!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 14, 2013, 11:32:53 am »
Oh brummington, I had to chuckle. What a horrible day. Those little devils are so quick and of all things, not the dyson!  You poor thing.  I think we all need a big hook on our walls to dangle our children from, for those times when we want them to stay put. Hoping tomorrow is better.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 14, 2013, 11:36:09 am »
Big hug Brumington :-* :-* You certainly have two little rascals on your hands.My DS broke his arm the same age as your DS4,mine decided to fly like Superman off the top of a climbing frame :-))
 Can you claim your Dyson on household insurance?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 14, 2013, 11:45:11 am »
Brumington you've surely had your share of drama for one weekend!! Put it on the list of stories for his 21st!! ;D CC has a good point... Would the insurance cover the vacuum cleaner? Do hope things settle down and you have (a few at least!) smooth days ahead!!

mcmich

« Reply #562 on: July 14, 2013, 12:13:48 pm »
Brumington, I feel for you. Boys will be Boys and there will be days like that.  :(

At 23 my DS has only come good in the last 3 yrs - by that he was always so impulsive and risk taker.
DS broke his collar bone jumping off the shed roof at 3 1/2yrs with an umbrella trying to be Mary Poppins.

It doesn't seem like it now but the years will fly and you will be giving some advice to another mum with little boys.  :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:49:22 pm by mcmich »

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 14, 2013, 12:14:29 pm »
Brumington, your little man is one determined fella! Can't be easy to drag your leg somewhere ;D

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 14, 2013, 12:16:16 pm »
Mich, that must have been major freak out! Mary Poppins?!? Hahaha :D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What are the Kids doing Today
« Reply #565 on: July 14, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »
oh brumington that's a full on weekend, but what would we do without them

mcmich

« Reply #566 on: July 14, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »
Mich, that must have been major freak out! Mary Poppins?!? Hahaha :D

Yes, Mary Poppins has a lot to answer for.  ;D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What are the Kids doing Today
« Reply #567 on: July 14, 2013, 12:26:04 pm »
Michele so glad that the only thing Lily tried to do like Mary poppins was clicking her fingers and cleaning up her toys:D still practicing that one though

Bonsai

« Reply #568 on: July 14, 2013, 12:39:46 pm »
Little boys are so full on - I have two so appreciate your exasperation Brumington. Luckily they grow in to wonderful young men (proud of my DS 25 who rescued someone in the nightclub zone of Perth last night - he found her unconscious so checked airway and put her in coma position until ambulance arrived).
Probably payback for the time he and little brother decided to get rid of waste paper by burning it in a bedroom 😳

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 14, 2013, 01:23:56 pm »
I always thought boys were easier to raise than girls but now you have me rethinking that one with your stories girls LOL.  Thank goodness my GS hasn't tried any of those tricks, not yet anyway.  You need eyes in the back of your head to be one step ahead of kids.  Bad luck about the Dyson though Brumington.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.