Author Topic: What are the Kids doing Today  (Read 242677 times)

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
Re: What are the Kids doing Today
« Reply #615 on: July 30, 2013, 05:05:07 am »
Kids are such a challenge aren't they? Mine are too young (2 & 4) for emailing teachers but I'll remember it for future use.  Its truly amazing what a phone call to Santa can achieve with my two though!
I'm dealing with sickness too. Quite literally had enough of it too. We had a bout of impetigo with both boys followed by a broken leg with DS4 and now on a dose of croup for DS2. Hubby due back tonight and I've never been so desperate to see him ( he works away for 28 days at a time). So hard. 😔

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 30, 2013, 05:40:42 am »
Yes Judy, I do run out of ideas. He's quite smart, so I have to get smarter lol.  My Mum reckons my DS8 is my payback for what I put them through when I was a kid.

Ohhhh Brumington, I'd be in a loony bin by the time my husband got home after 28 days grrrrrrr.  My g/f's partner pretended to be Santa and called my kids when they were younger  ....... it was amazing to see their faces and ohhhh yes it did work back then.  I have to be careful not to overdo the Santa thing now that my son's 8. He's very suspicious (I think he knows but won't admit it to me because we told him if you don't believe you don't receive so he's not wanting to risk it lol), but I can't say too much in case he blabs to the younger two (6 and 4). 

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 30, 2013, 06:03:02 am »
I do the santa at north pole message, and the kids still believe.  If you don't believe you get nothing... works here too

some kids grow up too fast. :)

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 02, 2013, 01:25:57 am »
My poor kids, so run down 😞. My four year old was at the doctor yesterday with a temperature of 39.5, a sore throat and a concern over a septic knee on his broken leg. It was redressed and we have AB's for him. My two year old was also at the doctors with a temperature of 39.3, a chest infection, impetigo (school sores) and conjunctivitis. He had croup last weekend.  Now as I type my four year old has just pointed out that he has spots too. We came away from the chemist rattling yesterday!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 02, 2013, 04:41:15 am »
Ohhh no Brumington !! I hate winter, it's hard to keep the kids well through winter !  I have 3 sick kids at the moment all at different stages of gastro ...... no fun !

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 02, 2013, 06:12:22 am »
my DS is  asleep now, sick from a ear ache
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

mcmich

« Reply #621 on: August 02, 2013, 06:24:50 am »
Wishing all the kids that are feeling poorly a speedy recovery.  :)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 02, 2013, 06:43:16 am »
Hope all your sick kiddies get well soon.

Not sure if we have been lucky so far this winter, or it's due to a change of habit. I've packed little hand sanitisers in my boys' lunch bags, and they are under strict instruction to clean their hands before eating. I'm sure compliance is not 100% but it helps a little.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 02, 2013, 06:51:34 am »
So many sick kiddies around!

We seem to be having a healthy week this week - have had a few different bugs visitng our house, but happily everyone seems clear of them for now.

Kids are vaccuming the lounge after spending the last 20mins with a piece of paper and a hole punch!  :o
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 05, 2013, 02:53:16 am »
my DD is sick today, earaches, sore throat, temp..

[/url

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 05, 2013, 03:41:45 am »
Hope she gets well soon, Obbie

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 05, 2013, 04:46:05 am »
thanks BZB

[/url

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 06, 2013, 12:23:34 am »
Only one child at home today, other two finally back at school ! I'm not sure whether I'm now getting their gastro bug now though .......... I really hope not ! This bug started in our house last Monday DS6 had it pretty much all week, DS4 a couple of days and DS8 a couple of days.  I'm over it GRRRRRRRR !

My parents come up every second week from the coast and stay over to catch up with us and the kids. I warned them last week that it would be better to stay away. On Friday the kids did seem a bit brighter but DS8 hadn't yet started with the bug so they came up.

We just got a phone call from my Mum asking what the bug was called ..... Gastro Mum. Oh why ? Because you're Dad's got it and I need to ring the bowls club and let them know he can't do his security stint today lol.  I don't find it funny that he's got the bug BUT I can just hear my father cursing us lol and also I find it hilarious that my Mum had to ring to ask what it was.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 06, 2013, 12:30:12 am »
Oh, no, I hope you don't come down with it too! 

DS is at school and DD at kindy - no tears today when I left  ;D Progress - just needs a no-fuss and quick approach from a teacher to distract her as I go and she is fine.  Sometimes I think they make for of a big thing than they need to and it makes her worse. 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 22, 2013, 07:05:29 am »
Kids are good, DS at soccer practice. :)

[/url