Author Topic: Lemon Curd Ice-cream from Cornish Cream  (Read 12938 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemon Curd Ice-cream from Cornish Cream
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 11:18:09 pm »
You might as well make the full amount Hally, small quantities are such a waste of effort and vanish too quickly. Mix less curd in, taste it and then adjust to your own tastes before churning it.
I've just checked on mine to see how hard it set overnight.  It is quite firm but I could spoon some out - happy with that.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: Lemon Curd Ice-cream from Cornish Cream
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 03:53:19 am »
Cool JD!!!

I just found this from nigella too...

Nigella’s Lemon Meringue Ice Cream from How To Eat

I saw this recipe of Jane and Elizabeth’s Pelly’s in the Womens chefs of the Great Britain, though I’ve changed it slightly here. The original version specified home made meringues and home made lemon curd, but I brazened it out with the bought stuff and suggest, for ease, that you do too. If you are using shop meringues and curd you may to add more lemon juice and zest or it will be too sweet. Taste to see, it needs an edge to it:

600ml whipping cream
225g greek yogurt
320g lemon curd
juice and zest of 2 lemons
6 meringue nests

Whip the cream until fairly stiff and fold in the yogurt. Add the lemon curd, lemon juice and zest (you will find it easier to stir in the curd if you add the lemon juice to it first) and the meringues, broken up into small pieces, but not so small so that they dissolve into dust.
Put into a container, it should be a shallow rather than tall one and freeze, And that’s all there is to it. Ripen in the fridge for 40 minutes before you want to eat it. You could dribble over it some clear honey or some more lemon curd diluted to runninness with lemon juice.

I have made that ice cream Lilli.......it's glorious!   :-*

.........EAT CAKE!