Author Topic: excited but a little worried!  (Read 10652 times)

Offline LuisaFM

• View Profile
excited but a little worried!
« on: May 20, 2009, 12:01:10 pm »
hello!

I've just ordered my thermomix today and it should arrive early next week!
My mum in Portugal and sister in England both have one and on their recommendation I have worked hard (VERY) convincing my hubbie that it would be something that could make life in the kitchen easier.

Howeeeeeever, I'm worried that it'll sit there like my slow cooker gathering dust. I have read enough about it that I am sure I will be using it often and for all sorts of things... still I'd hate to give my DH any excuse to say "I told you so" :-). Which is why I've joined this forum - to get lots of ideas for dinners and ultimately get him to say it was one of my best purchases!!!!

Luisa (another one from Perth, W.A!!)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: excited but a little worried!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:11:12 pm »
Welcome on board - sadly another Perthite to bolster numbers in the West... only joking.

I am sure if your Mum and sister have them then that would be a great help too.

Hope you have a good consultant, they can also be a great support.  Talking to some owners last week who thought that they only had to call their consultant if they had problems, others have a great consultant who is always converting recipes and sending them by email.

But now you have us, so don't hesitate to ask questions.  AND - NO question is dumb !!!!

In the demo they tell you that one in five households in Italy have a Bimby (Thermomix) but that is definitely not the case.  Still they are the most sought after present. 
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:31:22 pm »
welcome luisa!

it will definitely take some getting used to but soon you will be using it every day like the rest of us!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline ralo

• View Profile
    • Failsafe cooking with the Thermomix
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 12:42:36 pm »
Welcome!

I don't think we're up to a month yet but the only days ours hasn't been used has been teh days we were in Perth earluer this month (and I missed it like crazy)

We love camping and my TM has made me dread cmaping bceause of the thought of going without it :)

It really does make cooking so much easier - we use ours at least twice every day - I really can't imagine it gathering dust because it is just so simple and so easy.
FAILSAFE and Dairy-free cooking is so much easier with a Thermomix!

My blog: failsafethermomix.blogspot.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:49:47 pm »
Hi and welcome Luisa.  You have the added bonus of having relatives who already own one so, apart from this forum, you can get advice from them as well.  You will not just let it sit on your bench gathering dust because, apart from the fact that you will use it, you had to work very hard on your DH to get the machine in the first place and you will be determined to prove to him it was worth the money.  Men seem to be interested in it as well so perhaps you can do some recipes together and with a bit of luck, he may take over the task of cooking meals for you :D :D :D It takes a while to build up confidence but believe me, once you have that confidence (with a few disasters thrown in) you will wonder why you ever doubted buying it.  Good luck and be sure to keep us informed of how you are going and what you are cooking. Read as much as you can from this forum and you will begin to get excited I am sure.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 03:55:58 am »
This place is a great one to be in if you need help justifying the purchase. :) Plenty of inspiration here!

The only days it hasn't been used here are when we reheated things made in it the day before :)
Row

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 04:10:36 am »
This place is a great one to be in if you need help justifying the purchase. :) Plenty of inspiration here!

The only days it hasn't been used here are when we reheated things made in it the day before :)

You know you can even reheat things in it using the Varoma dish and tray?? 

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 08:10:26 am »
Welcome Luisa,

Trudy

Offline jojo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 11:51:42 am »
Hi Luisa,

I have just joined too! We got ours a week ago Have made heaps already and enjoying it. Made a yummy dip from the book tonight.

Have fun! I am sure I will have heaps of questions as I try more things.

Jo

Offline LuisaFM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 02:23:49 pm »
thanks for the welcome everybody!  :)
I've started compiling lists of recipes from the forum I'd like to try out so hopefully I'll hit the floor running as soon as I actually receive the thermomix!
Luisaxx

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 01:26:42 am »
Welcome Luisa! My DH thought the same would happen to me, he was very concerned that it would end up in its box somewhere in a top cupboard, but now he is sooooo jealous of it, as I spend all my spare time rustling up lovely dishes for the family! In fact he has threatened  me once with..."one day you'll come home, and it will be gone! I will flog it on ebay if you're not careful"  :o :o :o :o :o
My answer has been..." you do that, and I'll buy 2!" Which has really scared him...especially when he saw me walk in tonight with my 2nd jug! :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 01:31:38 am »
I wonder if there has ever been a divorce caused by the TMX :D :D :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 01:39:08 am »
Oh JD! You do make me laugh! I could be near! My DH has just shouted at me, and told me to come to bed! Well guess it is very late! Half one!
But just wanted to let you know how my cooking course went!
Will catch up tomorrow! ;) ;) ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 02:15:17 am »
Yep, proving the husband wrong is a great incentive to get that Thermomix working! I wonder if the guys here have had that kind of trouble with their wives... I know if my husband had wanted something to cook with, I would have bought him two!

Also Judydawn is right: My husband, who never cooked anything else than fried eggs on Sunday mornings, now makes the bread and dessert with the Thermomix every time we have company over! That's one added bonus I never expected!
See everybody's searching for...that attitude chicken ~ Bob Geldof

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 04:48:39 am »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog