Author Topic: Roasting pans  (Read 10032 times)

Mama Fergie

Re: Roasting pans
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 04:14:45 am »
Oops we both must have received Kitchenware Direct email at the same time and passed on the info to the forum!!!! ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 04:19:44 am »
Lol, well that's very handy to know. Will go and have a look now.
Thanks girls :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 05:14:12 am »
I'm using the new range of Wiltshire white enamel roasting pans at the moment and they are great! They come up like new in the dishwasher and I have done lots of sticky sauces and marinades in them so far and anything that gets burnt on comes off really easily with cleaning. The only thing is I ban metal utensils around them so they don't get scratched!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 05:32:41 am »
I have 2 stainless steel baking dishes.  I use them all the time.  I don't know what brand they are,  but they are the ones that have survived over the years.  Soaked over night,  they are easily cleaned.  I also use oven bags as I hate cleaning the oven...

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 01:36:32 pm »
Thank you all for your input, it is great to get different opinions, and advice.

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 02:08:32 pm »
My DH bought me a scanpan roasting tray for my birthday a couple of years back but I don't use it very often because it's a pain in the you know what to clean

How do you guys keep them clean and looking like new ?

Hi Chrissa
Is your scan pan non stick or stainless steel?
I have the non stick pan and don't have trouble in cleaning it.
You can use scourers on both pans.  I even use gumption on some of my scan pan frypans.
Is it worth taking yours back to find out what the problem is with your pan?

Rara x

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 10:19:48 pm »
Hi Rara.  It's the stainless one.  

I line it with baking paper and the bottom is fine but the sides end up splattered and black from the fat & oil spitting.

I'll get some gumption and give that a try.

Thanks
I do the best I can

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 12:45:06 am »
I have the non stick scan pan.
Absolutely love it!! So easy to clean!!
Katie, Perth WA

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 10:31:26 am »
Thanks Maddy and those who reminded me I have oven bags hidden in the dark depths of my bottom drawer in the kitchen. The problem is I don't do lots of roasts anymore, as we are so busy and they take time.  However I am following Gerts lead and starting to empty my freezer/pantry and have come across lots of larger cuts of meat hidden in the back of the freezer that I kept for when we had family close by, and who may call in and I could ask them to stay for a meal, so we have had a couple of roasts in the last week, and I will make a shepherds pie with the left over meat tomorrow.  I have just made Isi strawberry mousse with some strawberries I found in the freezer too, but had to make it with full cream powdered milk, as that was all I had, so not so low fat,  but just licking the spatula was yummy.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 10:34:19 am »
Pumpkin Pie, sounds yummy :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 11:14:47 am »
Obbie will let you know how things go,  also I also believed that with non stick you didn't have to use a cooking medium eg oil, but I think I have that wrong?