Author Topic: do you buy groceries online  (Read 6821 times)

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
Re: do you buy groceries online
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 08:01:08 am »
Oh you are so sweet astarra  :-* I hope you are feeling ok these days.. I have been thinking about you a lot. I had a check up today which I always get really stressed about but all good at ths stage so I am so lucky. My MIL lives in USA and my mum passed away almost 7 years ago but I think I am will ask my dad to watch the kids while I shop-good thinking astarra :)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 08:16:56 am »
Hally, that's interesting about Aussie farmers, I always thought they seemed a little more expensive. We have CERES which is a not for profit envrionment education cetnre and urban farm which now has an organic fruit and vegetable pick up point just near me that I was thinking of trying, but just haven't got around to it yet.
One thing I've noticed about Aussie farmers is that their milk & juice is a lot fresher than you'd get at the big supermarkets. It hasn't been sitting in a huge distribution warehouse for a couple of weeks. Haven't tried their fruit & veg yet, but I would hope it would be very fresh also.
Melbourne, inner north

mcmich

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 08:35:29 am »
I purchased online when I lived on the Central Coast, NSW out of necessity, due to late DH's illness and it was $15 delivery then.
I would do it again if I was pressed for time but I generally pass the shops most days so for me the expense wouldn't be worth it.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 09:27:51 am »
i used Aussie farmers direct when the kids were babies and it was fantastic as I didn't have to put the twins in the car to drive to the shops. I used to get  milk as well as fresh cheese and the fruit and veg box which was fantastic as  they had all of the seasonal vegies etc and it was a mystery box each week I looked forward to cooking. Unfortunately after a year or two into regular deliveries I think our particular  franchisee changed ownership and we kept getting mixed up orders and I spent half my time on the phone sorting out the problems. Now the kids are older and at school , in the limited time I have when I'm not working or with the kids I prefer to go to our local green grocer and delis and  physically look at the produce and even try things if I can before I buy.  Maybe having my TM I find I'm much fussier about the quality of the produce I buy these days!  I also used to get Coles online as well when the kids were really little as I was at home anyway but I find their delivery windows to be annoying and I'd rather just go to the supermarket myself and  get what I need in the time it takes to wait for a delivery. Finally, I find the price for groceries online is far more expensive- I guess you are paying for the convenience of home delivery/ packing etc and if I was ever in a situation of being housebound etc I wouldn't hesitate for a second to restart ordering online groceries as it is ever so  convenient.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 12:51:11 pm »
I've never ordered online groceries but I can see in certain circumstances, rather than bother friends or relatives to do your shopping for you, it would be really convenient if you couldn't get to the shops yourself.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 01:10:19 pm »
I have used online with WW I also found it was more expensive so I stopped, with just the two of us left at home and a veggie garden, meat from my sheep farming friends I don't need to go very often. However over Christmas/School holiday time I only shop online