Author Topic: Multi-Culti Family in Germany  (Read 4979 times)

Offline tomkean

• View Profile
Multi-Culti Family in Germany
« on: November 27, 2008, 12:54:51 pm »
My wife (German) and I (American) just took delivery of our TM31 yesterday. We live in southern Germany.

The first thing to do was clean the equipment, and today will be our first adventure with the TM.

We attended a TM presentation two weeks ago, and the women there (I was the only man in the group), took very good care of me, and even let me make the Blueberry Ice Cream for dessert.

I hope to use the TM to help my wife in the kitchen .. something that I have not actively done in over 32 years of marriage. 

Sometimes, you learn the important lessons (help your wife as much as she has always helped me) late in life. So this is a new beginning for me.

I look forward to the learning process, and to the first successes that please our taste buds.

Tom
(Southern Germany)

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
Re: Multi-Culti Family in Germany
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 03:16:38 pm »
Hello Tom,

Welcome to our forum. Great to see you here. Have a great time with your TM and also here. Please share your successful recipes here. We would really like to see them.

Thank you very much

MM

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 03:27:07 pm »
HI There... Welcome.

Hope you enjoy your Thermomix :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:18:27 pm »
welcome Tom :) sounds like a great move!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 10:35:26 pm »
Welcome Tom - great to have another person from the home of TMX.

It is not that hard to use, as you would have seen at the demo.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 01:35:23 am »
better late than never...(The helping your wife in the kitchen bit!!) She won't need help if she has Thermie!! ;)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 12:05:58 pm »
The arrival of our TM31 has seen my husband arrive to help in the kitchen too - must be the start of a new movement, hurray!  :)  Welcome to the kitchen and the forum.

Just in case your wife hasn't found her way to it as yet, there's a very good German forum at http://www.wunderkessel.de/forum/thermomix-rezepte/

My husband and I lived in Germany for nearly 12 years - mainly in Mannheim.  We loved it there.

Hope you enjoy the forum - I find it really inspiring.  Actually, must go and introduce myself - I haven't done that, come to think of it  ::)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!