Author Topic: Hi from New York City  (Read 23383 times)

Offline Home cook

• View Profile
Re: Hi from New York City
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 05:01:17 am »
Hi Aunt Annie,

Great!! I look forward to checking out your website and reading about the recipes you convert.  I will have a chunk of free time this summer and I will use some of that time to really hone my Thermomix skills. 

Offline agpest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:15 pm »
Hi,
I just joined the forum and live in Tucson Az. I ordered my mine from Quebec also, because they were the first to respond to my inquiry but there are at least 3 distributors in Canada that will ship to the USA. If you go to www.easycooking.ca you can find a link to buy several cookbooks for the thermomix they will ship to the USA.
 I am going to be in London in August and contacted Thermomix there to see if they had classes available but that is holiday season & no luck but they will have an Indian cook book available by then that I may try to get my hands on. The ship to addresses in UK but not outside.
From the desert,
Gayle

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 10:25:46 pm »
we are all desperately awaiting the indian cookbook!! well, me anyway LOL
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 04:11:57 am »
annie, does your recipe program let you menu plan and do shopping lists?? i've been wanting one for so long!

Karen, have you looked at Accuchef?
It is a great little program that I used for years.
I now have a Mac and, sadly, it doesn't run on them so I am without one again.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline agpest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 06:09:53 pm »
I have a Mac also and there is a program called MacGourmet & MacGoumet Deluxe. I got the deluxe you can download the whole program and use it 19 times before paying for it. It has meal plans and makes shopping lists. There is a iPhone app you can get to take your recipes &shopping lists with you. I have only had it a few days but I do like it. I have a meeting to go to but I will look up the website and post it later.
From the desert,
Gayle

Offline AuntAnnie

• View Profile
    • Aunt Annie$s Attic
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 07:07:19 pm »
Mine is free and up for downloading on my website.

I have not converted it yet for the Mac, but if anybody tries it and likes it, I might be able to do so if I can pull myself away from the Thermomix long enough.

Again- it is free- no nags, no trial period. Just "I did it for myself and thought I might as well share it". And it does do menus and shopping lists in either metric or imperial measures. Also has lots of websites you can visit in the "Sources" section.

I just redid it and added about 50 Thermomix recipes I found here and there.

I am not sure if I can post a link to my website or not, but I have it in my profile. Once you get there, there is a link in the left sidebar then click on Augie's picture (the Westie) to download.
Aunt Annie

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 10:14:37 pm »
AuntAnnie,

Hi. Of course you can link anywhere here to your website. Please feel free :)

Thanks

Admin :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 10:43:14 pm »
annie, i have your page open on my site but i haven't had a chance to look at it yet sorry!
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline AuntAnnie

• View Profile
    • Aunt Annie$s Attic
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 11:55:46 pm »
Thanks for letting me know that-- I sure didn't want to get bounced off the forum for breaking rules-- I need you guys way too much!

OK-- so if you want a free program to store your recipes (don't get all excited-- there aren't too many for Thermomix in there yet) etc.-- here's the link:
http://sites.google.com/site/auntanniesattic/attic/augie-s-first-aid/afa-kitchen

Click on the button in the middle with Augie's face on it. Download should begin.

Then, double click on the download to install.

Any problems, let me know here or at AuntAnniesAttic@gmail.com
Aunt Annie

Offline agpest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 02:28:47 am »
The website for MacGourmet deluxe is http://www.marinersoftware.com/.
From the desert,
Gayle

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 10:30:37 am »
we are all desperately awaiting the indian cookbook!! well, me anyway LOL

It's supposed to be very, very close to being out now.  I'll let you know as soon as it is ...
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 10:32:44 am »
thank you caroline, i will be very grateful!
My Cooking Blog

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 10:34:15 am »
Thanks for letting me know that-- I sure didn't want to get bounced off the forum for breaking rules-- I need you guys way too much!

OK-- so if you want a free program to store your recipes (don't get all excited-- there aren't too many for Thermomix in there yet) etc.-- here's the link:
http://sites.google.com/site/auntanniesattic/attic/augie-s-first-aid/afa-kitchen

Click on the button in the middle with Augie's face on it. Download should begin.

Then, double click on the download to install.

Any problems, let me know here or at AuntAnniesAttic@gmail.com

Hi Aunt Annie,
if you ever do get around to converting it to run on Macs too, please let me know.  I'd love a copy of it.  

And welcome, welcome, welcome to the forum.

Caroline
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 10:36:59 am »
Hi,
I just joined the forum and live in Tucson Az. I ordered my mine from Quebec also, because they were the first to respond to my inquiry but there are at least 3 distributors in Canada that will ship to the USA. If you go to www.easycooking.ca you can find a link to buy several cookbooks for the thermomix they will ship to the USA.
 I am going to be in London in August and contacted Thermomix there to see if they had classes available but that is holiday season & no luck but they will have an Indian cook book available by then that I may try to get my hands on. The ship to addresses in UK but not outside.

When in August are you coming to London, Agpest?

Offline agpest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 03:36:19 pm »
We arrive in UK on 7th of August but go Charmouth Dorset for a family reunion with the Indian side of my husband's family, then go to London on the 14th and leave on the 19th. I want to get the Indian cook book but I have to have a UK address to have it sent to so I need to check with one of the relatives that lives near London to see if I can have it shipped to her if it comes out in time.

I would also be interested in the program if fix it for the Mac I would like to see the recipes you have in it.
From the desert,
Gayle