Author Topic: Eat, fast and live longer - the 5:2 lifestyle  (Read 226591 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Eat, fast and live longer - the 5:2 lifestyle
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2014, 12:34:36 am »
Marina,  try Fiona Maclean's creamy Tomato soup.  Your DH can have this as it has Almond milk,  very filling and tasty. 59 calories a serve.
Thanks for that, Chookie, it sounds delicious and the calories are perfect, but I might wait until it is a little cooler before I try it on him - he loves soup.  Is the recipe on the internet?

I'm stuck for quick and easy breakfast / lunch ideas just now.  Generally I make a bowl of fruit and split it between b'fast and lunch, but, nice as it is, it is getting a bit boring.  Must look for some alternatives.  Might give rice paper rolls a go (but I have never made them before but think they are probably time consuming if you haven't got everything pre-prepared).
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2014, 01:03:19 am »
Marina, DJ has given the link  - it's the first link for the soup.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:22:26 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2014, 05:09:42 am »
Marina, DJ has given the link below - it's the first link for the soup.
Thanks, Judy.

I am obviously missing something - I see the Roasted Red Pepper soup, the egg one and the watercress one, but not a cream of tomato soup.  I am so busy at the moment I think I am brain dead anyway ... perhaps my brain will have recovered by tomorrow and I'll take a look again then.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2014, 07:21:54 am »
Oh I just presumed Chookie meant the capsicum one Marina as it has the same amount of calories she mentioned  ???

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2014, 07:34:28 am »
I had the same thought as you and took a double take as well, Judy, but Chookie mentioned almond milk so I realised it was different.  However, that capsicum one also sounds delicious so it will definitely go onto the menu in the cooler weather.  I'll keep hoping that Chookie gets back regarding her tomato one.

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2014, 10:11:03 am »
DJ I've been separating my low carbs from my fats & eating protein at each meal for the past year. Lots of girls are having success eating this way, but unfortunately nothing helps me lose weight :( , but I feel healthy, so that's a plus.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2014, 06:16:02 pm »
I have found the creamy tomato soup, here it is.  It is also going onto my to do list.  Here is another set of good looking ideas - it is Pinterest (or whatever it is called), but I don't know how to get to the actual recipes - there must be a way, mustn't there?  I'll have a wee play as it is only 5.00 am now so quiet enough for me to have an experiment.

OK, it seems that you have to join pinterest then, after a fair bit of scrolling, etc. you can eventually track down the recipe / fulller details of whatever you want.  It seems to take a bit of time, but then, that just might be me being impatient.  However, there seems to be loads of 5.2 Diet recipes tucked away in there so I will try to persevere.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:38:44 pm by Cuilidh »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2014, 07:13:01 pm »
Thanks for finding the recipe Marina :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2014, 09:15:43 pm »
Sorry I didn't get back to you quickly, Marina.  I just Googled it .  I am thinking of using some of  Mimi's recipes on the non fast days.  How about rice or corn thins with asparagus or peanut butter for breakfast.  40 calories in the thins. Also mini bread pockets are about 100 calories.  These can be stuffed with egg and salad. 180 calories. 
I am testing some Raw biscuit recipes for a friend today,   This could be dangerous. !

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2014, 09:57:56 pm »
Thanks for the breakfast / brunch / lunch ideas, Chookie.  They look like something I can adapt - will sort out my 5:2 menus for next week over the weekend and see if I can come up with something along the lines you suggest.  Mimi has lots of interesting recipes - you are welcome to borrow my book at any time, just let me know.

Have fun with the raw biscuits, they sound interesting ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2014, 11:54:41 pm »
Marina, thanks for finding that recipe and for the link to more recipes.  I could never work out for ages how to access the recipes either but here's what I finally worked out

Click on the photo you like
Right click on the enlarged photo
Click on 'open link'
Scroll down to the recipe in print form, print recipe.  I don't know if there is a limit to how many you can access.

I guess it's easy to join pin interest though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:35:22 am by judydawn »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2014, 07:23:00 am »
Thanks, Judy, I will also try it your way, although it was easy to join Pinterest and worked quite well.  However I suspect it is just yet another source of emails streaming into my in tray!

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Eat, fast and live longer - the 5:2 lifestyle
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2014, 10:52:14 am »
Pinterest is dangerous! Dangerous in the way that one you start looking and pinning you can't stop!  But I do love it. ...
And there are some great thermomix ideas :)
Some people have linked to the forum and once I found that someone had pinned one of my photos from here :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2014, 09:16:06 pm »
I am going to post a photo of a packet of noodles that are very low in calories and are used by some 5.2 people to bulk out a meal.  I bought these at Coles , $ 2.20 ,  I think.  11 calories per serve. They are made from.  Konjac root extract. I will try them today and let you know what I think. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2014, 09:19:31 pm »