Author Topic: You bad, BAD people  (Read 12414 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: You bad, BAD people
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 01:59:00 am »
Dizzy, i went grocery shopping on Sunday, $500 and full car. Now i don't have to shop for 3 weeks.

after christmas, i'll hit the sales for more baking items.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 02:30:51 am »
Bad for me, or should I say my dh's budget, LOL, I live 5 min walk from garden city which is a large shopping centre.
H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 03:45:40 am »
Yes, I often think of that Hally. A pleasant walk, look at the kitchen shops, a coffee and a pleasant walk home. As long as you don't have anything too heavy to carry.
I'm off to Dan Murphy's this afternoon for gifts and something nice for Christmas and tomorrow will do the food shopping and Friday pop out and get fresh fruit etc.

I've only bought:
a pipe loaf tin
muffin top tin
icecream machine
heaps of bread tins
..and I think I had better stop there ;) ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 09:46:37 am »
I'm not bad with kitchen gadgets but fitness equipment that is another story.

I have :
3 sets (at least) each of cycling clothing, running clothing, swim wear.
2 bicycles and I want a third
Cycle trainer for when it rains
GPS watch to track speed, time, heart rate etc,
Assorted swimming paraphernalia
I just bought a new pair of running shoes even though my current pair is only a few months old (but they were a bargain at $160 off)

We all have our addictions.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 09:50:04 am »
Cookie, shops are happy to hild purchases while I pop home and get the car, plus my friends ring all the time, I am at gc want a coffee? Hard to say No but leRning, because a cup of coffee is never just that, even a quick pop to coles is at least $40  :o

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 07:00:16 pm »
My pie maker got held up being dispatched from Amazon  :( But is now on its way

Estimated delivery date TOMORROW  Up first thing to make some pastry - to replace the pastry I have in the freezer that I'm going to use for my first batch of pies ....  ;D

I gotta say TMX pastry is the BEST I can even make puff pastry with the TMX  I much prefer shortcrust tho'

Nik x
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 10:56:25 pm »
Pie maker is a big hit, just love it. Never again will we have even a little bit over leftovers .... They'll get shoved in a pie!

Still waiting on the vacuum sealer but that's a long story ...

Nik xx

Offline nola276

• Fishing, Caravanning, Painting and now Cooking.
    • View Profile
    • Watercolour Walkabout
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 01:32:02 am »
I have an Ice  Cream Maker that I don't use,
A vacuum Packer which I only use when we go Caravanning to seal all the fish we catch,
A Pie maker which I haven't used in 12 months (maybe I'll resurrect it as I seem to have a lot of leftovers),
A vacuum Cleaner which I hate using,
An Enjo floor mop which would be a lot better if it was robotically controlled,
A beautiful Sunbeam Banquet stainless steel electric frypan which I got for $4.00 at a garage sale :-))
and of course my beautiful Thermie, which is why I don't have time for my vacuum cleaner and floor mop......

Ohh and I forgot to mention my Wii Fit board, which I need to use a lot more now that I have my Thermie ;D
Cheers, Nola.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why it's called the present.
My Blog: http://watercolourwalkabout.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 01:49:15 am »
I definitely need DD's Wii fit board after Christmas and all the lovely goodies. I'm either having to give up my TMX or get in more exercise which will mean less TMX time and.................................................bah humbug. :-)) :-)) I need someone new to pass leftovers to. It is a possibility as we have 2 empty houses near us waiting for tenants.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 11:54:22 am »
I have this lovely little stick vacuum cleaner that I actually love using. It's always been a joke that I don't vacuum. Vacuum cleaners are big heavy power tools and should only be used by men but this little thing is a darling.  Ds3 loves vacuuming and has his own hand held "dust buster" thing - as a parent, I have to encourage their hobbies ;)

Nik xx

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 10:55:38 pm »
i havent caved for alot of stuff yet..althugh have an electrique yoghurt maker with individual pots and different settings..also does flavoured cream desserts and soft cheeses
different pots and pans
cookbooks always but thats a problem i have already admitted to  :D both thx and not

wanting to get this year..a second bowl but need to justify lol we dont eat that much so I do fine with the one bowl so keep umming and arrrring about it
an icecream maker but a turbine one ie no bowl in the freezer..i saw a bowl in the freezer cuisinart one at 50 percent off the other day but spoke to DH and he said he would prefer (like me) to get one with a compressor and not the bowl in freezer so will get that once the weather warms up a bit..we arent big icecream eaters in the winter in this household so no problem waiting for that
definately want a dehyrdrator but want a specific one...will get that maybe next month hrrmm
im on the fence with the vacume sealer...
also want to get a third freezer but this time a chest freezer but really need to get some more things out of the garage first lol!
as for a pie maker no as i have pans i bought for that and my cupboard space is limited as is lol
oh and want a slow cooker..electrique

and lots of other non cooking things..other lenses for my camera to name a few

really need to get back into painting and redecorating the house as a priority and need to get quotes to redo the kitchen although DH doesnt understand why I want to redo thekitchen  :-))
oh and really need to get the garden relandscaped next spring

one thing at a time lol

thankfully my kids are little and eat like sparrows because if i had teenagers i think the need would be different but as i dont have big eaters in the house the need just isnt there for a whole lot of gadgets...thank goodness ..plus DH keeps me reasonable god bless him :D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2012, 11:13:01 pm »
I loooooove my gadgets, but my TMX is still my absolute favorite and it now seems as if most purchases relate to it eg. bread tins, cake tins etc.  Oh and frozzie my kitchen definately needs  re doing and my DH doesn't,t see the need either  ::
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012, 11:19:17 pm »
Haha don't think many do....think it all comes down to persuasion and I'm just not there yet  :P
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 11:40:31 pm »
HA Frozzie, I have most of those things you want, love them, regards the second bowl, I'm only a one person household and i love my second bowl, it is amazing how many times I use it, not for volume of food but just doing mostly little things I've forgotten to get ready before I start.  I have had my dehydrator for about 18 years I don't seem to use it much these days but over the years it has been wonderful, the pie maker probably doesn't get used at all, dearly departed DH was the one for using that.  My DD bought me a vacuum sealer years ago and I have only used that when going camping, but when needed it is great.   I love how we all are like minded on this forum. When I go shopping with D DiL she wants to check out all the clothes and jewellery, I just want to get in the kitchen departments, but I have nearly everything now, then again I said that before the TMX came along...HA ha.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 11:53:32 pm »
I justify a lot of my gadget purchases because of my very skinny boys. For skinny read medically underweight. The dietician adores me because there is literally nothing she can advise to further fatten them up!

I must break out the ice cream machine, it's been in storage since we moved and it was great for adding extra calories.

Dh was NOT happy when I bought the tmx and he still thinks its overpriced but it doesn't stop him using it ;)

I also have a 2nd bowl and I'm not sure how I'd manage without!  Sometimes I'd like 2nd tmx :)

Nik