Author Topic: Meat Loaf With Mushroom (with photo)  (Read 8158 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Meat Loaf With Mushroom (with photo)
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:08:38 am »
It's one of the greatest recipes from Italian EDC.
I love when I can cook everything together
I hope you like it

Meat Loaf With Mushroom:

Ingredients:

Meat Loaf:
35g dry bread or bread crumbs
60g parmesan
60g veggies (garlic, onion, carrot, celery stick and parsley)
400g minced meat
2 eggs
Salt, black pepper
100g ham

Sauce and garnish
500g potatoes
300g frozen mixed mushrooms (150+150)
Salt, black pepper
1 red onion
30g EVO
100g white vine
400g water
1 tbsp TM veggie stock

Preparation:

Grate bread and parmesan for 10 seconds on Speed 9
Add veggies. Chop for 5 seconds on Speed 7
Add minced meat, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix for 20 seconds on Reverse/Speed 4
Put meat loaf in Varoma Bowl giving a rectangular shape. Cover with ham slices

Chop potatoes into chunks and place them in both Varoma Tray and Varoma Bowl around the loaf
Same way put 150g of mushrooms in both Varoma Tray and Bowl
Sprinkle with some salt

Chop onion for 5 seconds on Speed 7. Clean down the sides of TM bowl with spatula.
Add EVO and the remaining 150g of mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Reverse/Soft Speed
Add vine and cook for 2,5 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Reverse/Soft Speed
Add water and TM veggie stock. Add also pepper and salt if needed
Close TM lid. Place Varoma bowl and tray. Close with Varoma lid. Cook for 45 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Reverse/Soft Speed
After cooked put meat loaf into serving plate. Add also sauce and granish around

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.com/2010/02/meat-loaf-with-mushroom.html

Tips/Hints: It is adapted from Io e il mio Bimby Book with a couple of changes. I've used 35g bread crumbs instead of 20, 400gr water instead of 300 and I cooked 45 minutes instead of 40.

No-one has made and reviewed this recipe at this date

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Meat Loaf With Mushroom (with photo)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 05:10:29 am »
Great recipe farfallina.  I also love being able to make the whole meal in the TMX.  Many don't like the steamed loaves, but I enjoy the texture.

One of the head demonstrators here in Australia has a meatloaf recipe too http://www.thermomix.com.au/01-club500-01.html
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 05:15:56 am »
It looks like Josie's recipe may have been inspired by the one from the Italian EDC! I like the idea of steaming a meatloaf. I generally bake mine in the oven, but cover in foil to steam, then open in the last 10 minutes of cooking to brown.
Covering in prosciutto would avoid the need for that.

Thanks farfarllina!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:41:24 pm »

Thank you for the link Thermomixer  :-*
There are other nice recipes too
If you like meat loaf I should keep posting then ;)

And MJ I have another meat loaf recipe where you use both Varoma and oven. First you cook in Varoma then you cut into slices and put cheese on the slicess and grill in the oven until the cheese melts a little. And then you pour some veggie sauce over. I will post next one next week  ;)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 03:57:58 pm »
Oh! yes please farallina for the other meat loaf recipe.My DH says he doesn't like meatloaf, because of a cooking incident when we were first married.He said it looked like "cat food"That was over 30+ years ago and I might try again if it's well disguised in one of your fabulous recipes!!
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 06:05:14 am »
That second meatloaf sounds excellent farfallina. Oh, poor CC! I too, remember some culinary disasters that occurred in the early years of our marriage.

Just give it a different name when you serve it next!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:33:37 am »

A promise is a promise ;)

I posted it as first thing this morning: http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3780.0

Give that one a try too. Very delicious!  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 02:36:22 pm »
Thanks farfallina.It looks very good and will give a go.Like mj said I just need to call it by another name.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 11:41:36 am »

.My DH says he doesn't like meatloaf, because of a cooking incident when we were first married.He said it looked like "cat food"That was over 30+ years ago and I might try again if it's well disguised in one of your fabulous recipes!!

Gosh, MrsT was very polite with my cooking in the first little while of our relationship/marriage.  Now ..... i don't like this/that/the other thing....

Men just don't seem to have the tact?  You must love him  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 04:03:34 pm »
I have a lovely DH Thermomixer.He can't boil an egg though!!There have only been a few things I have cooked for him in the past 37 years that he has made bad comments on.Meatloaf,a seafood pasta sauce, gnocchi all got the thumbs down.Recently I was told the Chicken in Yogurt was too sour for him, so that's off the menu.He adores bread, so I just sling fresh bread on his plate if I think he might react to the "new dish"You might try my tactic with Mrs T.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 01:47:55 am »
In Mrs T's case, that would have to be a chocolate instead of a piece of bread wouldn't it TMXer  ;D ;D ;D

We are lucky to have such husbands CC, mine is the same and rarely complains, even eats stuff I know he doesn't really like.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 09:16:15 am »

Well.. I am lucky too I must say. Also mine is open to new ideas. He likes also traditional food but not a traditionalist who wouldn't eat anything else. So this gives me opportunity to try new things. Unless I cook grean beans for him everything is OK! :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 06:38:45 pm »
I didn't know Mrs.T was a "chocoholic" that explains why she was drooling over the Chocolate Fudge Cake!! I have another chocolate cake recipe but I haven't converted it yet, but don't worry I will!!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 08:03:39 am »
Yes CC - very much so, bread won't win her over, ..... but chocolate !!!
Thermomixer in Australia