Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7922573 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #39855 on: July 09, 2021, 05:03:36 am »
Heavy  white frost. -1 at 9 am

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39856 on: July 10, 2021, 09:41:17 am »
Brrrr. How awfully cold Chookie.
We had another massive storm yesterday afternoon. We got 36mm of rain but parts of Perth got over 50mm. DD had a very long trip home. It usually takes her about 30 minutes, last night it took her 2 hours. Her car showed that she averaged 6kph on the trip home. There was quite a lot of flooding round. Our gutters over flowed and the drains couldn’t cope, but it eventually all drained away.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39857 on: July 10, 2021, 09:46:51 am »
Wow, that’s a slow trip home for DD cookie. We have rain due mid week next week, I hope it’s not as bad as that as I have outings and things planned for every day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39858 on: July 10, 2021, 09:53:41 pm »
Cookie, that rain was on the news in Victoria. 
Still cold here. Our gardeners arrive early and the frost is still hick on the grass.  They make them tough in Ballarat.
We are enjoying the Tour of France tv . Beautiful scenery and very gutsy riders. Tried to stay awake to watch Ashley win but fell asleep.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39859 on: July 10, 2021, 11:51:06 pm »
Freezing here just now as well.

A city dog got into our chooks yesterday, fortunately all survived and they eventually found their way back home. Locked them into the hen house last night so hopefully the are all recovered and settled this morning but I think I will leave them in their run all day so that they can get used to a safe environment again.

Must admit, the dog wasn't the owner's fault, they had booked into a dog friendly accommodation, but the dog found a hole under the fence and decided chasing the neighbour's chooks was the height of his holiday fun!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39860 on: July 11, 2021, 07:07:08 am »
I’m glad the chooks are ok Marina. Wasn’t it wonderful having Ash Barty win? I didn’t even try and stay up.
We are forecast another storm with lots of wind and rain tomorrow. I’m fine with the rain, but not the wind.
The rain from Friday ran into our shed.  DH has had to take all the cars out of it and mop up all the water. I suggested we try to do something to prevent it but as it’s the first time in 17 years hopefully it won’t happen too often.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39861 on: July 11, 2021, 10:39:08 pm »
You are right about Ash Barty, Cookie, what a lady.  She is a real model to everyone, on every level.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39862 on: July 13, 2021, 09:06:57 pm »
Tip.  I have just discovered this. ( some have probably already worked it out ) when you want to copy a recipe from the iPad, press the print icon and the recipe will be condensed. You can then take a screenshot. Most recipes also give the nutritional values, although some don’t.

Cold and wet today.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39863 on: July 14, 2021, 06:04:41 am »
Yes I do that too Chookie so that I only get what I want, some sites make it hard to copy their recipes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39864 on: July 14, 2021, 06:25:05 am »
Tip.  I have just discovered this. ( some have probably already worked it out ) when you want to copy a recipe from the iPad, press the print icon and the recipe will be condensed. You can then take a screenshot. Most recipes also give the nutritional values, although some don’t.

Cold and wet today.

I didn't know that Chookie, thanks. I usually go and print it, or photograph it and pop it into Snap recipes.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39865 on: July 14, 2021, 08:47:17 pm »

Cold and wet today.
That is strange, I think I accidentally discovered something similar in Android yesterday but it wasn't until I read this again today that I realised it was something that could be similar.  I must try experimenting today and see if it works.  If anyone is interested in this option let me know and, if it works as I think it will, I'll put it on here.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39866 on: July 15, 2021, 12:03:29 am »
I think we are heading for another lockdown.  Feel like we have been in lockdown for 18 months. We are lucky as we have space but feel for others , especially for those in flats.
Not quite as cold today .
Spent some time yesterday to try and understand our electricity bill. Had a nice surprise when I discovered that we have been feeding into the grid, even though we don’t get a lot of sun in the Winter.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39867 on: July 15, 2021, 06:51:56 am »
That's good news re the electricity Chookie. We no longer get a rebate on our solar panels as we have had them for 10 years. However all the money we got for feeding back to them we left in the account, so we shouldn't get a bill for a while. I usually use the most power during the day anyway so that will come off the solar panels.

I'm a bit spooked by this Delta variant of the Covid. It seems so much more vicious than the other. Covid hasn't worried me a great deal but I am becoming concerned at the spread now. We have been holding off with our vaccinations as my family has a history of clotting.( cousin and grandmother). Now if we get the AZ will we be able to get the second? A bit of a muddle. I think you are right about the lockdown Chookie, I really feel for Victorians, you have had so much time locked down.

It continues to be cold and wet here.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39868 on: July 15, 2021, 08:24:22 pm »
Yes, here we are back into lockdown again (and just after I had made an appointment with my hairdresser ... hopefully they will be open again by the time my appointment comes around).  It was inevitable once that family and those removalists came into Victoria from NSW and spread COVID around.  You can't fool round with this Delta variant and Dan Andrews had to lock us down to stop the spread.  I am accepting of the lock down, I am not happy too have it hit yet again, but I am still covinced a short sharp one is the best option.

DH and I had our first AZ vaccination about six weeks ago, our second one is due in about four weeks.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39869 on: July 15, 2021, 10:11:50 pm »
Yes, here we go again.  Hope 5 days  is enough. Put a home delivery order into Woolies in anticipation. GD coming home from Uni.  She has hardly been there this year. DS who lives in Melbourne is worried  the GC aren’t getting enough exercise due to the lockdowns.
Like Marina and Cookie , I think this Delta bug is frightening .  We are due to have our second shot next week.
We celebrated French National day. I cooked Crepes, RAL played the La Marseillaise on uTube.