Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4477983 times)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #570 on: September 14, 2011, 06:07:14 am »
Although the bills are going to be high, I am far more depressed about the actual procedures.  I'm a dreadful baby when it comes to dental work.  I had slowly improved over the years, but I'm up for some major stuff now (currently have an infection in the jaw bone under a crown & need implants) and I feel sick just thinking about it.
I just thank the heavens for drugs.  They're going to have to use all they've got on me. :o :o

Amanda has your jaw bone broken down? My uncle had that and was looking at using rib or another bone as a transplant. When they went in the mouth they decided he didn't need it and some of the bone has regenerated. I hope your recovery is swift. At least you have a Tm for purees etc after the procedure!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 14, 2011, 06:13:23 am »
Amanda - GET TO THE DENTIST to sort this out as soon as possible!!!  I will not relate all I know about infections spreading through your body from tooth / teeth problems - suffice to say my BIL was in hospital for the best part of two months last year and had to have major heart surgery resulting from the extraction of one tooth. 

Don't fool around with mouth infections.  Get is sorted NOW
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:17:40 am by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2011, 06:15:29 am »
Oh Amanda that sounds horrible. You poor thing. I hope they give you lots of drugs. I need to go to the dentist as I have a filling that fell out and needs re doing but I keep putting it off. And that is only a minor problem. Why didn't god give us stainless steel teeth?
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #573 on: September 14, 2011, 06:25:01 am »
I'm going to the dentist - I've been twice in the last week, had about 20 xrays, a whole lot of impressions and am off to the endodontist on Friday.  I don't even want to think about what he will do.
Not sure what is going on in the jaw, there is a dodgy patch under the crown and am taking antibiotics.
To be fair - I have to have 2 crowns replaced, both of them are 20 years old, so I guess they are due.  I would just prefer it if all dental work came with a lifetime guarantee.
Still, if I want to eat for rest of my life, I need to get this sorted.
Fortunately, I can always suck chocolate! ;) ;)
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 14, 2011, 06:28:29 am »
Oh Amanda, you poor love :-[

I feel your psin, i avoid the dentist like anything.

A root canal put me in a frenzy, yes drugs is the only answer

H
Big hugs
Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 14, 2011, 06:34:42 am »
oh amanda....will be thinking of you (i hate thinking about hte dentist and my teeth are fine)..eekkk good luck xo
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 14, 2011, 07:44:58 am »
Sorry to hear your problems Amanda, hopefully things will be sorted as soon as possible as your hectic life is going to be curtailed if things get worse.   :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 14, 2011, 11:22:09 am »
Thats a great purchase, I've wanted that timer too CC but for some silly reason they won't ship to Aus  >:(

Try this link for Amazon US

I know they were shipping these to Australia two months ago because someone on another forum bought several for gifts. 

Thanks Andie for this, I now have a couple of timers winging their way to me and a pair of gold hoop earrings so they don't get too lonely on their voyage. As I am meant to be working, I quite often get caught on the phone or computer when I have stuck something in the oven only to remember when it has gone overtime.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 14, 2011, 11:25:58 am »
Goodluck Amanda.....you will be fine!  I actually find the dentist relaxing.....weird right?  LOL.
It's totally mind over matter....just let your mind wander away.

Well today I bought a soda stream, on a complete whim (like most my purchases!)
I was thinking how cool would it be to have peach  iced tea slushies, or a vodka & lemon lime drink in a summers evening......and before you know it, I bought a soda steam with lots of syrups  :P
NOTE TO AMANDA:......think of the alcoholic drinks I could make with my soda stream, whilst in the dentist chair  ;)

.....they've certainly changed in appearance since the 70's!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #579 on: September 14, 2011, 11:30:59 am »
Good buy Maddy, I purchase a Soda stream several years ago. We don't use it much in the cooler months but its great in summer. We love the lemon squash and cream soda. Yours is a lot different to mine. My mum had one when we were young too which made the individually serve bottles and we used it often then.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 14, 2011, 11:37:24 am »
i still have the old style soda stream somewhere with the glass coke like bottles lol...yes come a long way!!  I have nearly bought one once or twice but its usually the flavourings that put me off although is good just for the soda water plus you could always just add your own flavours lol

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:33 pm »
jeninwa what about the cost of the bags, and the ease of purchasing?

You can use any bags in any vac sealer, when I run out I can either buy local or online which ever is cheaper.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 14, 2011, 02:21:39 pm »
I bought a soda stream years ago and its used all through summer. We love it, soda water daily plus others

H
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 14, 2011, 02:35:17 pm »
i still have the old style soda stream somewhere with the glass coke like bottles lol...yes come a long way!!  I have nearly bought one once or twice but its usually the flavourings that put me off although is good just for the soda water plus you could always just add your own flavours lol

I have one of the older style in the back of the cupboard too, it must be 20+ years old, think there is only one or 2 of the glass bottles left, ewe bought a new one a couple of years ago and use it lots in summer, I was only thinking today,that I should get a replacement gas bottle for it ready for the warm weather.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 14, 2011, 05:15:51 pm »
yeah mine was mums and i 'stole' it years ago when i left home lol  :)  ;)