Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4497962 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #1155 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:22 am »
CP and jeninwa I have my receipt saying I've paid but nothing more. It's not even a ticket like last time. I guess we'll hear it's still a while away. CP I thought you were coming on 22nd too.
The book sounds good jeninwa.

Maddy that apron will truly be able to be worn everywhere.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 09, 2011, 01:51:03 am »
Yes, thats all I've got too. The website however has the 29th on it so that is why I was assuming that was the date. I have PM'd Tenina but if I don't hear from her I will just turn up on the 22nd anyway.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 09, 2011, 02:09:06 am »
Yep, its the 22nd!  ;D Tickets are apparently going out within the next few days.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 09, 2011, 03:51:02 am »
Thanks. I did message Mandy to ask for the address.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 09, 2011, 03:54:44 am »
thats the one cookie that I posted up a few posts. Hey you have made ricotta...I have just posted something here if you can help???

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 09, 2011, 04:12:24 am »
Do I need one of these ?  ???Tefal Fresh Express
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rL_ODFOkRA
I have been quite taken for a while with the idea of a Mandoline but to be honest they frighten the crap out of me and good ones cost a bomb, do you think this suppliments the TM or do they do too many things the same? Or should I just get better at using a knife....like the idea that this all goes in the dishwasher. I only ever used my food processer for grating and slicing but it was a pain to get out and a pain to wash so it got flicked when the TM came.
I swear I am sure I have bought MORE appliances since the TM than before ...lol

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 09, 2011, 06:45:53 am »
CP I have replied on the site where you asked the question. :-*

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 09, 2011, 07:15:03 am »
Maddy - I absolutely LOVE your apron - it almost inspires me to drag out my sewing machine and have a go at making one.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 09, 2011, 07:41:41 am »
Maddy - I absolutely LOVE your apron - it almost inspires me to drag out my sewing machine and have a go at making one.

You should do that  8)  I would give anything to have the talent to sew  :-))  Aprons are a big weakness for me.  I love vintage inspired ones more than anything!  I am very handy at using glue and iron on "no sew tape" lol
Do you have anyone that would love them as Christmas presents?.........sew in your own label, and there is a Marina original  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 09, 2011, 10:24:30 am »
maddy do you have a apron that says thermomix queen or somthing like that

l brought the heart shape pan from target today   l cant wait to try it out l have to work so will try it out next week

has anyone baked bread in the silcone ones l have a bug and a star one from k mart or big w

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #1165 on: November 09, 2011, 03:55:29 pm »

You should do that  8)  I would give anything to have the talent to sew  :-))  Aprons are a big weakness for me.  I love vintage inspired ones more than anything!  I am very handy at using glue and iron on "no sew tape" lol
Do you have anyone that would love them as Christmas presents?.........sew in your own label, and there is a Marina original  ;)

With the newer sewing machines one doesn't need a lot of talent for sewing.  If you can operate a pair of scissors (or a rolling cutter, which works great for people like me with arthritic hands)  you can sew just about anything.  One of the ladies in my book club retired from teaching after 47 years! and got one of the programmable sewing machines that also does embroidery.  After just a few months she is turning out some beautiful things that look so professional they surprise her. 
She said her mother tried to teach her to sew when she was a young woman but it was a disaster.  Then she had no time for much of anything besides teaching for decades. 
She is making some frilly holiday aprons with matching kitchen towels and some appliance covers for gifts for friends at the retirement community in which she lives.   She got the copyright-free artwork off the internet.   
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 09, 2011, 07:27:03 pm »
I got a new, fairly low-middle range Bernina sewing machine not long before I got my TMX (guess which machine has been neglected?), and was really amused to see that it is referred to as a "sewing computer" now, not a sewing machine.

The big, fancy machines are really amazing.  I have a friend in Adelaide who does quilting and she has a couple of different machines which she uses depending upon what she is doing.  I will have to manage with just the one!

I used to do a lot of hand cross stitch on towels which I gave away as gifts, but haven't done one of those for years now (my TMX, the weeds in our garden and our business soaks up all my spare time).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:02:50 pm by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 09, 2011, 09:55:45 pm »
I have one of those "big fancy " machines  ;D ( actually it is my 4th embroidery machine ) I also have a few other machines as well. They are truly amazing and have come along way seeing when I first got mine we did baby things on towels now they can create works of art! I must admit my machine must feel quite neglected as it has been almost ignored for the last couple of years since my Thermomix arrived and an obsession with cooking started!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 11, 2011, 03:14:37 am »

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 11, 2011, 03:20:13 am »
Couldn't resist some freebies this morning.  Buy BBC Australian Good Food get a free sample bag, buy 3 Philly products get the free cookbook Simply Heaven and  SBS Feast is a new magazine so I had to have that too.  I have been so good with not buying too many magazines too  :-)) :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.