Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4514119 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11760 on: March 11, 2014, 11:52:57 pm »
Yay my Tala tin arrived today.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: March 11, 2014, 11:56:11 pm »
I've not been told they've tripped over it BZB, they love it and Fletcher talks to it as if it's human LOL.  It is no where near as noisy as a normal vacuum cleaner, they can be horrendous.  I'd check them out before buying one then you know exactly what you are getting. 

There's a great discussion here about this machine, particularly if you scroll down to caring's post.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: March 12, 2014, 12:21:24 am »
 Freshly brewed coffee sounds nice as does strawberries and champagne. Can you make one that smells like bread baking  ;)

Yes, there is a bread scent!  Any possible fragrance you could imagine, there's an oil to match  8)...which makes it a very expensive hobby as you want to try them all.
Can you believe you can buy bacon, beer, campfire smoke, burning tyre scents  :P won't be getting those though.

Mab yes, Maddy loves pink like me.. ;D ;D ;D

Well big smacks for Robyn...I had disabled all kitcheny newsletters, but I did check when you mentioned it  :P

salad servers on their way, & Noritake cup/saucer sets...Thankyou not Robyn.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: March 12, 2014, 01:39:31 am »
My pleasure Maddy.

I know you love pink just like me... ;D ;D

well they were on sale..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: March 12, 2014, 01:54:13 am »
I have had a roomba for quite a few years and will probably replace it when necessary. They are great for doing a quick vacuum while you are out or busy or doing other things. As Chookie said they are great for under the beds.My only criticism is that is doesn't handle the tiny climb from the tiles up on the the rugs around the place very well. The roomba has a run nearly every day. (What can I say-I live with a flock of seagulls :-))) I have a dyson animal?? as well. Kids never had a problem with it. They loved dropping crumbs and things in front of it to see what got taken and what didn't :D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: March 12, 2014, 05:11:24 am »
Bedlam, I'm interested to hear your review of the micro plane slicer. I've got a box version that I dislike :(

Chookie, INAID guess what I was going whilst ironing clothes? Yup! Watching videos of robot vacuums. LG looking good, seems less noisy than roomba.

Judy, will check the link. Thanks xx

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #11766 on: March 12, 2014, 06:23:36 am »
The latest Roombas are the 800 series.  Couldn't buy one in Australia.  Mine is 780.  Not so good with dog hair. The 630 are the best for this.  Daughter has this model and a dog with long hair.  Loves it.  Lots of shops have these but difficult to get a discount.   All are best if the rubbish tray is emptied often.  This is easy.  Mine cost $815 plus $29 delivery.  You do need to remove cords and other stuff that is in the way. There are a few areas where it can't get so will still have to use the Cordless Dyson on these.   We have a pretty cluttered house but I just lifted small tables and put them on the bed or couch.  It is a bit like a small dog.  It even talks to me.  Very user friendly.  It seems to clean for more than 2 hours without needing to recharged.  Recharging, 2 hours.
I think it is a good idea to see one in action.  I think they are expensive but probably better value than the AF .

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: March 12, 2014, 06:28:30 am »
I bought a Philips appliance yesterday  ;D

A GC506 Garment Steamer. Small enough to stick in a corner but powerful enough to be useful (hopefully) Trying to cut ironing  time. Will see how it works out.   

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #11768 on: March 12, 2014, 07:26:38 am »
Welcome to the AF club Djinni!

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: March 12, 2014, 07:35:33 am »

No no Courton. A different Philips appliance :D. Although I did have a look at an AF ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: March 12, 2014, 08:01:11 am »

No no Courton. A different Philips appliance :D. Although I did have a look at an AF ;D

Too funny. I did buy a new IPad today. I will get far more use out of it than an an AF.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: March 12, 2014, 08:32:04 am »
Nice, Gert. How does the new ipad compare with your old one?

Love my ipad. Helps me immensely in the kitchen. But not good for my forum addiction. Haha.

Djinni, that's something I've wondered about for the past 4 years. Not sure of its effectiveness. Hope it works well as I detest ironing.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #11772 on: March 12, 2014, 09:09:19 am »
Spoke to a sales lady in a dress shop who had one of the steam iron things.  She said is was good.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11773 on: March 12, 2014, 11:26:53 am »
A friend bought a Roomba on line recently. I don't know anything more about it, but she loves it. Having bought a new Dyson last year I won't be getting a Roomba.  :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: March 13, 2014, 04:59:08 am »
Automatic vacuuming sounds wonderful as it is about the only housework I don't like doing. Took my Wertheim for a service last week and had to struggle to get out of the shop from high pressure sales people trying to make me buy a new Electrolux and they did it to each customer who came in; I know where I wont be going if it needs looking at again.