Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7933459 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38745 on: April 23, 2020, 08:45:03 am »
It's good that your consultation was easier over the phone Chookie. I have to agree with the wheels falling off everything after 70. Maybe we begin to wear out a little then?
I've taken BP tablets for quit e a few years now. Both Mum and Dad did too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38746 on: April 23, 2020, 09:04:09 am »
We get what we get given don’t we, some things not a lot we can do about but being able to manage some of these problems depends on how much effort we’re prepared to put in I think.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38747 on: April 23, 2020, 07:42:38 pm »
Our first warm day here day.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38748 on: April 24, 2020, 12:02:09 am »
Hope that means work is progressing on your new home, CC.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38749 on: April 24, 2020, 12:23:53 am »
We get what we get given don’t we, some things not a lot we can do about but being able to manage some of these problems depends on how much effort we’re prepared to put in I think.
Judy, very true.  Also helps to have good Medicos.
CC, glad it is warming up for you.
Sometimes when reading lots of stuff in the papers and online about SD bread, I get a bit ( very) , annoyed.  There is so much BS written about SD. There is also a lot written about all sorts of bread making at the moment.  I noticed that no one was mentioning baking bread in a SC/ CP.  I sent a message to Richard Cornish / Brainfood, in The Age. It was printed this week. I have had to send another message as he printed the timing wrong for the large loaf.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38750 on: April 24, 2020, 12:26:40 am »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38751 on: April 24, 2020, 02:49:34 am »
Our 2nd GD turned 21 this week and because of this virus she was unable to have a party.  We will celebrate with her after the isolation is over and we can all get together again.  I did make her a chocolate cake - her favourite- and delivered it to her door. I could see that my DIL had decorated the house and there were balloons and streamers hung everywhere.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38752 on: April 24, 2020, 03:13:17 am »
Margaret it’s a shame when it’s a very special birthday. My youngest DD turns 50 early next month so no celebrations there either.
Chookie if people are interested in the SC bread and want more details or to see your bread perhaps they will google the name you gave Richard Cornish for the article, they would then find your blog.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38753 on: April 24, 2020, 06:24:12 am »
Yes Judy.  The funny thing is that when I set the Blog up it was with the intention of a spot to store my TMX recipes.  I didn’t think anyone other than the Forum would look at it.  People do make comments and I don’t respond. Very rude I know.
I told Richard not to use the Blog as it wasn’t working.  Which was true at the time , but I have now got rid of a lot of the bugs. It wouldn’t let me post any recipes.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38754 on: April 24, 2020, 12:02:25 pm »
Wow. Chookie is in The Age. Well deserved.
I did a lot of SD classes with a lady who is very interesting and has written books. I always believed that SD was a big mystery and the starter had to be treated very, very carefully. After Chookie was kind enough to transport some of her starter over here and her posts on the forum I now know that it isn’t a bit mystery.
I really love my SD baking and yeast cookery.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38755 on: April 24, 2020, 12:32:34 pm »
Thanks Cookie, it is nice to share the SD and demystify the process. I get a great thrill when someone I have helped finally makes a good loaf.  They get really excited. I have shared in 2 successes this year.
Judy, thought I would check the stats on my blog after you mentioned that people might follow up and look at my blog.  You were right.  Not only did they check out the SC stuff but showed great interest in SD and AF rolls. Hope it means that they are going to have a go. I think that with this lockdown it is good to take people’s minds off the dreadful things that are happening around the world. 
I have thought of offering free SD starter locally but am afraid that it might get out of hand.  This is what was starting to happen with the classes.  People wanted me to do classes for kids and general cooking classes.  I don’t need the money or the hassle.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38756 on: April 24, 2020, 12:54:32 pm »
I can understand that Chookie, you’re busy enough as it is. It’s great that your blog is being visited, are they asking questions?  Everyone must be baking with the way flour was unavailable for quite a while, there are small stocks in our local supermarket now though but I haven’t seen wholemeal flour back in stock yet.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38757 on: April 25, 2020, 12:22:25 am »
Judy, people mostly leave comments rather than ask questions. 99% positive. Some people just lift the recipe and call it their own. I like to experiment and push the boundaries with both food and TMX . I think information should be shared , for free.  You understand this as you have often helped me.
Today will be the warmest for some time. 19 max.  We are then in for a cold snap.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #38758 on: April 25, 2020, 01:18:19 am »
Good Morning, went to the end of the driveway this morning and lit a candle. Could here a bugle playing which was great and we have had a fly over as well.
I am missing going to the services this year. There is always a big service at Rathmines as it is a former WW2 RAAF base where the catalinas were.
Nice you are getting some warm weather CC.
MAB, happy birthday to your granddaughter - I think there will be a lot of deferred celebrations.
Everyone on the forum is so generous and helpful with their knowledge and sharing recipes. So many wonderful cooks in the one spot.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38759 on: April 25, 2020, 08:39:28 am »
That would have been lovely Mich. sadly no bugles etc round here this morning. We get more action at Chinese New Year and Diwali. But we do have lovely neighbours.