Author Topic: Help in choosing cookbook  (Read 4411 times)

Offline nomadic

• View Profile
Help in choosing cookbook
« on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:11 pm »
Hi all. I have been offered a free cookbook after hosting a demo. I can't decide what to get and it's harder when you have no idea what's in the book. I already have "My Way of Cooking". I'm deciding between A Table avec Thermomix or La France gourmande, these are in french. But the husband wants Viva Italia, in german. Any out there with these books?

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: Help in choosing cookbook
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 10:26:49 pm »
Sorry cant help.
Only new to this myself since April.
I have MWOC and the UK fast and easy one. To be honest I use this forum more than anything else.

Hope someone can answer you soon.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 12:54:26 am »
A Table avec Thermomix is good.  If you want more detail, go to the list of contents:

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=7064.0  .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:56:26 am by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 01:17:36 am »
The French one looks good from the link nomadic - if that's the equivalent of our EDC it runs rings around ours as far as main meals is concerned.  Frozzie should have that book, maybe she will comment when she reads this thread.  I'm sure the other one is equally as good though so you have yourself a bit of a problem there - a nice problem to have though  ;)

I've just done a bit of searching on the forum and came up with this statement from an Aussie living in Germany - I am presuming it is the 2nd book you named.

'Viva Italia is wonderful, as is the Wunderbares Backen but it is a baking book only'.

I'm not sure if this means both books are baking books only or just Wunderbares Backen.  Someone may be able to enlighten us on that fact.

The comment was found in this thread and was made by leesmac78.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:20:00 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.