Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6129104 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15450 on: August 08, 2014, 08:21:12 am »
You can relax  now Nikkit. She is home safely. It sounds as though her experience has been wonderful and a learning curve.

We had a bit of a sleep in, had a late breakfast and wondered down to the DFO. It was a bit of a walk for people with silly hips/ backs. We stopped off at Crown for lunch, came back and DD wanted to explore UNIQLO. It is a Japanese store. It was good. We are going back so that she can buy a few things.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:25:53 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15451 on: August 08, 2014, 08:49:58 am »
Great news that your DD is back and enjoying her "home comforts" again Nikkit :D  I bet Chilli was pleased to see her ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: August 08, 2014, 09:14:22 am »
Thanks Marie and Denise. All good now.

Silly me rushing around just now  tidying up before my cleaner arrives . Why do we all do this?

I tell my family they can't clean if it's not tidy!

Nikkit, pleased DD is home safe and enjoying the simple pleasures. Lucky girl to have had the opportunity.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:17:08 am by Bedlam »
Denise

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: August 08, 2014, 10:08:43 am »
Nikkit, glad DD is home safe. A wonderful experience for her and am sure she will have some tales to tell and will definitely appreciate things at home for a while at least.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: August 09, 2014, 07:32:51 am »
It's National Book Shop Day today so DD and I visited as many as we could. In Melbourne, Carlton and Fitzroy. Dymocks in the city had people dressed up and were making a really big deal with it. Readings had a monster visitor. Naturally we had to support them.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: August 10, 2014, 09:56:13 am »
I've poached a couple of photos from DD to put up here. Today we had coffee at Koko Black. A lovely place on Collins St.

These are the photos from our visit to the N2 place for ice cream. So lovely.

Also the original T2.
We were lucky, an older car went by as it was taken.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: August 10, 2014, 09:57:54 am »
Oh! Cookie lovely photos and great to "see"' where you have been and eaten ;) ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: August 11, 2014, 08:28:01 am »
Oh! Cookie lovely photos and great to "see"' where you have been and eaten ;) ;D

Not sure what I feel about the syringes......
A baker used pipettes in his showstopper challenge in the great British bake off this week for make your own lemon drizzle mini cakes. Mary berry thought it was too medical. 

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15458 on: August 11, 2014, 09:07:00 am »
Good eyes dj, I didn't even notice the syringes in the photo, I've also never had anything like that before, great photos cookie xx
haven't been able to get on here much, life gets busier the older my kids get I do wish the days would slow down :o

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15459 on: August 11, 2014, 09:13:08 am »
I can quite understand your feelings DJ. I'm not even sure how I feel about it. Not really comfortable with the fact that they are used. However it does give a lovely squirt of chocolate into the ice cream, but I'm sure they could perhaps do it some other way. DD said I was being silly, but then she sees them all the time.

We had another enjoyable day. Spent it in the CBD. This morning we spent at Melbourne Central and then the Emporium. Had a light lunch at the Emporium about 2. Dinner in the hotel tonight as it is too cold for us woosy West Aussies to go out.  :D then somehow fit all the shopping into our bags. We will be home tomorrow afternoon.
At Melbourne Central we watched the pocket watch chime. It is really interesting, as after it chimes the hour, the bottom lowers down and plays Waltzing Matilda while birds, and elves pretend to play. Very nice. I have never been aware of it before.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:19:05 am by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15460 on: August 11, 2014, 09:28:02 am »
On our first trip to Melbourne many years ago, that was one of the first things on our list to see Cookie, it's great.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15461 on: August 11, 2014, 09:42:00 am »
I have often passed the Koko Black place on Collins Street, but never gone in, it does look lovely inside.

Where is the N2 ice cream shop?  Never heard of it before, but looks interesting.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #15462 on: August 11, 2014, 11:15:29 am »
Thanks ladies, we're somewhat back to normal now. Miss 12 slept for 14 hours the first night! I woke her up as I wanted her to get back into "our time". She's good now, and remembering snippets of her trip here and there. It certainly was an experience and was asked by the leader to go to Singapore for the Jamboree next year!

She loves curries, but has requested no curries for a few days!

Cookie - looks and sounds as though you are having a fab trip. Reminds me of 3 days I had in Melbourne years ago with my Mum, we ate, drank, shopped, ate drank and shopped and had to come home for a rest!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15463 on: August 11, 2014, 11:35:49 am »
That is exactly it Nikkit.
Marina the N2 shop is in Brunswick St, Fitzroy. It's fairly small but the ice cream is lovely.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15464 on: August 12, 2014, 09:20:42 am »
Your trip sounds fabulous, Cookie 😄

Busy Tuesday, with lots of to-ing and fro-ing. Farewell dinner for Japanese exchange students at school tonight.

I had planned to make Gert's pizza bases for the dinner. The weather was quite cloudy and cool in the morning. Made the dough after morning school run and proofed it in the car.

Brought Mr Dough along for drive to shop for grocery shopping. It loved the cosiness of the car, and rose to the occasion 😁😝