Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128135 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25410 on: August 26, 2021, 07:28:10 am »
I'm sure you aren't they only one Chookie. How did you and DH go with your covid test Marina? DH said he thought they would find his brain. Fortunately I haven't had to have one.

I did very little this morning. This afternoon I have made some biscuits, done the ironing and vacuumed where DH tracked in a large part of the yard!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25411 on: August 26, 2021, 07:37:38 am »
I hope you don’t have to wait too much longer once things get more back to normal Chookie.

I’ve never had a Covid test, they do look uncomfortable but thankfully it doesn’t take long. My 2nd dose has kicked in now so I’m fully vaccinated just in time for the football tomorrow night. Received a message from my football buddy mid afternoon that she was successful in getting tickets from the extra 5000 released today. Up high in one of the stands but at least we will be there, I just love the atmosphere of being at a game rather than watching it on TV.

After gym my window cleaner came to do his magic, I delivered a basket of goodies I’d put together for my retiring doctor and his receptionist wife who have looked after us for the past 27 years.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25412 on: August 26, 2021, 11:18:51 am »
Been busy DS had his first Phizer injection yesterday ! School had organised it so so glad , we used the opportunity to do a very quick shop . Including a coffee , ice chocolate stop . It was good to have drive and our usual chat . Today was a full day of on line learning for DS and I took it easy , yet another migraine!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25413 on: August 26, 2021, 07:16:59 pm »
Both of us had negative results for our COVID tests.  We are due to get our 2nd vaccination next week.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25414 on: August 26, 2021, 11:57:33 pm »
Good to hear Marina.
I’m hoping all schools take on the vaccination of the kids K Atie, like times of old when we had them at school. With a surname starting with A I was always first up, was not impressed having to go first every time.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25415 on: August 27, 2021, 03:00:01 am »
Great Marina.
People we know want their jabs but can’t get appointments. Not good.
More garden time today.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25416 on: August 27, 2021, 08:36:15 am »
Good to hear Marina.
I’m hoping all schools take on the vaccination of the kids K Atie, like times of old when we had them at school. With a surname starting with A I was always first up, was not impressed having to go first every time.
I don't know, Judy, you would have got it all over and done with straightaway.  My surname started with M so I was in the middle and the anticipation was agonising ... especially when those in front of me came back with all sorts of outrageous horror stories of their jabs!

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25417 on: August 27, 2021, 02:25:06 pm »
School does do vaccines for all the normal ones , but this was not done at school ,the boarding house nurse booked them in on our behalf with our permission. Which was great due to the busy day they had . Chookie I know people tried to get their kids into Ballarat Vaccination centres and booked out till November!!
Kittens menu, a skink , baby snake and another baby snake followed by a bumble bee attempt ! Oh my heat beat very fast today when I went out the back door to see it playing with the little snake I was brave and grabbed the kitten threw it at my DS ( who came very quickly as I was on the phone talking to DH .. he must have a shock too because I said “snake “and hung up on him) . The second one was in the paddock I climbed over the barbed wire fence , and caught my pants on it to rescue said kitten playing with a small snake . That’s it for me . Kitten locked up for the day .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25418 on: August 28, 2021, 01:52:00 am »
Your kitten sounds like it keeps you on your toes, Katie.  I couldn't help smiling when I read your post.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25419 on: August 28, 2021, 05:26:07 am »
More gardening.  Little cooking.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25420 on: August 28, 2021, 05:57:33 am »
Life on the farm is far more interesting than living in suburbia K Atie.  A very brave little kitten you have there, I guess that’s what cats do though.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25421 on: August 28, 2021, 09:01:29 am »
You are brave KAtie. I detest snakes.

My surname started with a B and no one started with an A. I always managed to be first. I was always happy to be first. We had the polio jab in primary school.. until high school our classes were fairly small. Then when I went to high school buses starting bringing in children from the outlying towns. They weren’t any smaller than us, so we were lucky we got granted a Junior High School.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25422 on: August 28, 2021, 11:25:01 pm »
KAtie, good to remove kitten from snakes.  DS has lost 2 Jack Russells from snake bites.
Has been raining heavily over night. Good for garden but dam near to over flowing.
More celery cooking today. Giving lots away.
A wild black duck has adopted  Ral.  I’ll consult Google and see what we can feed it.  It is nesting on island in the dam.  It may like cook pellets.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25423 on: August 29, 2021, 12:18:37 pm »
A restful Sunday here. I pottered in the kitchen and made a couple of raw muesli bars for DD to take in her lunch.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25424 on: August 29, 2021, 11:23:35 pm »
A little warmer today.
Need to cook biscuits.   The difficulty is to cook some that RAL likes but I won’t be tempted to eat.