Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128321 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5205 on: December 06, 2012, 10:55:39 pm »
Nikkit, great news, you must be proud.

Kimmy, love them, yes recipe please, would love to do some. I am a bit confused do they just pour & bake?

Huge family issues here, dh has 1 sister who is already trying to get hold of nannas bank accounts & another sister who wants a covenant on the family home so it cant be sold. Just hope nanna is not aware of any if this. I just cant believe it!!!

Poor dh, he is the executor of the will.

We said just put all your energy in getting nanna comfortable.

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: December 06, 2012, 10:59:04 pm »
That must be so hard H.
Thinking of you.  :-*
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: December 06, 2012, 11:03:25 pm »
Hally that is terrible, she is sick and they are fighting already..... ???
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: December 06, 2012, 11:05:48 pm »
Hally that is terrible, she is sick and they are fighting already..... ???

Yes :o
We had been out for a lovely dinner, were relaxed & stress free & then we got the call.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: December 06, 2012, 11:08:28 pm »
That is dreadful Hally. The poor lady is still alive and all her money and possessions are still her own. It makes me mad to hear stories like that >:(
A similar thing happened to one of my great aunties. Her daughters went through her house and put stickers with their initials on everything they wanted >:(
Family can be so frustrating sometimes!

But you've already sent me a present Kimmy ;D
Have I? or have I not? Are you fishing Amy? Thought all your gifts were answered for ;D
Will post it over the weekend CP. You will laugh when you see how easy it is ;D

The gold box didn't have a return address on the package, just a mobile nunber. I wonder if you would answer if I called it? ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: December 06, 2012, 11:22:25 pm »
Nikkit, that's great news congratulations to your DD and you have every right to brag away.

Hally, that's just terrible but happens so often, money really does bring the worst out in people. It sounds like your DH has a long difficult road ahead of him, I don't envy him with the role of executor.

I've recently been removed as executor of  Mum and Dad's estate after I commented on the way a few of my siblings are already spending Mum and Dad's money before they are in the grave and how interested they are all in my brothers belongings when they had no interest in him while he was alive. Mum and Dad have sided with the siblings and after the initial dissapointment, I'm happy I won't have to deal with any of it when the time comes (which unfortunately won't be too far away). I'm happy to enjoy the time we have left, and have worked hard and provided well for my family so don't need any sort of inheritance or feel I have any entitlement to it - i wish they would just spend it all on themselves and make their last years and good as can be. Unfortunately with 8 kids we don't all feel the same way.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: December 06, 2012, 11:30:35 pm »
Wonder, yes 5 siblings in his family. Yes it is so sad that people start wanting money,  possesions etc.

We are dreading the time for so many reasons.

We have discussed that we will get a professional in, they must be used to this & we leave the country :) joking about keaving the country, but the arguments etc are shocking.

Wonder i think the decsion is the best for you, we are dealing with so much c*** now. The family home is abig isue, its been  in the family for 53 years, my dh is the oldest child. 1 sster will want to buy it at a very cheap price, one will want to keep it & goodness knows what ???

Dh is very stressed, we just hope none of them bring any of this up with Nanna, she would  sign anything atm.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: December 06, 2012, 11:33:56 pm »
Nikkit well done to your ds

Presents looks great Kimmy

Hally hope everything works out and the other don't get too greedy

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: December 06, 2012, 11:35:16 pm »
Just had a bit of excitement at work a bird flew in the doors that I have been leaving open for the last 3 days. No more leaving the doors open  :(

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: December 06, 2012, 11:57:45 pm »
Oh Hally  :( .....such ugliness at a sad time!  
My Hubby & his sister have power of attorney with FIL.....and his other two brothers are executors.  Although he's 89, and alive and kicking, they took him out for lunch and then proceeded to persuade him to make them them Power of attorney at the solicitors office  :o
.....they make my skin crawl!  Although FIL has lost some marbles, his jar is not empty, and knew what they were up to!  
Hope karma bites them bad Hally.

....and a very Happy Bithday to your little man  :)

Puffs, procedure for the cookie jars here  
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22549/abbys+cookies+in+a+jar
She is a member on taste, and I remember she won a Kitchenaid for submitting it  8)
They look great Kim.

Nikkit, congrats to your Daughter  8)  It's a huge honour, and she will cherish the memory.
My DD has just been elected middle years Captain for next year ( Year 9)....so I share the thrill with you.
I thought we were getting out of the long, drawn out awards in 2 weeks,  but will have to go now to see DD get her badge......this time I'm bringing an iPod & DS for the 10 year old.....he was nearly in tears of boredom last year!  LOL

in a moment of stupidness I decided to wash all the curtains  :-\ .....so off to wash the windows now.
Toodles  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:00:01 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: December 07, 2012, 12:02:04 am »
Kimmy I didn't mean to call you Jimmy - it was auto correct  :D sorry

Love that saying maddy, never heard it before about his jar not empty yet ;D

Thanks for putting the link here  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: December 07, 2012, 12:05:56 am »
Nikkit, congrats to your daughter, you have every right to feel proud.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: December 07, 2012, 12:08:38 am »
I know its not nice at all, but its good to hear its just not dh family or my brother, ex brother.

My brother did the same, got poa, i agreed as they were in the uk, wiped mums banks, sold her shares, left the accounts empty. THEN dh &I had to pay the inheritance tax on the money my brother spent living the high life with his new wife, flats in central london, boat & lots of o/s trips, never worked for 7 years & we had to pay about GBP130,000, so we sold her little flat which we really wanted to keep as it was in my name.  Just to pay the IHT.

Karma did bite him Maddy, the wife left when the money ran out.

When I said what would mum do with no money, mum was 89, in a nursing home, he said  " get a bank loan" very  very stressful times, so we dont want to go through that again. We also had nursing home fees, bills etc, so I had basically no inheritance.

My mum alwaups used to say money is the root of all evil, i used to roll my eyes, but not now.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: December 07, 2012, 12:12:28 am »
Hally, your husband may need to get legal advice, having been an executor to an estate, I would think the property would not be able to be sold cheap (but could be wrong on that) at all but a valuation would have to be done.  Sorry you are going through all this, as someone else said it brings out the worst in some families.  Big hug and hope things improve for you all

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: December 07, 2012, 12:12:52 am »
Money, families, inheritance, seems to bring out the worst of people. :o
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url