Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128156 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4710 on: November 23, 2012, 09:24:42 pm »
It was lovely to see them both Marie.DH and I are looking forward so much to Christmas  ;) ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: November 23, 2012, 09:46:17 pm »
It was lovely to see them both Marie.DH and I are looking forward so much to Christmas  ;) ;D

kids bring back the magic, don't they  8)

Well, since 7.30 this morning we've been on hold with the bank  :-))......we gave up trying to get through at 10 pm last night.
This time someone has tried to use Hubb'ys credit card through PayPal....yet his card isn't even  registered with PayPal  :-)).....here we go again!
Makes you worry every time you hand over that plastic card  :-\
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: November 23, 2012, 09:55:35 pm »
Up at 3am to see my beautiful MIL off to the airport and back home to Vic. She has been with us for 2 weeks after her hubby (my FIL) passed away almost a month ago. She came home with us after the funeral and has rested, and hopefully is heading home feeling better. Well...as better as you can after losing your husband of almost 60 years. She has more colour in her cheeks and has loved my cooking (whew! - but she easily pleased and willing to try anything) and we have had a lovely couple of weeks with her here.
So I might have a little nanny nap this arvo!
Or go for a ride on my neglected spotty horse.
Or start on that list of "things to do before Chrsitmas"....

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: November 24, 2012, 01:02:18 am »
I'm sure your MIL would have appreciated staying with you Nikkit, it will take some adjusting for her now. 
Maddy, I hope you can get it all sorted with the bank.  Did paypal contact you or did the bank? 
Marie

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: November 24, 2012, 01:27:11 am »
Nikkit, it woukd be hard for your mil.

Fil passed away after 58 years of marriage, its been nearly 8 years now, took her a long time to adjust.

We are off to a foster carers kids party, should  be fun.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: November 24, 2012, 01:53:37 am »
I am having an Astarra day ;D I have stripped and washed three beds, one load if kinder washing and two other loads, cleaned two bathrooms and 2 toilets, made Swedish ice cream cheesecake and tenina's pull apart. All before lunch. DH has read the newspaper and amused the children!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: November 24, 2012, 04:01:16 am »
Astarra day... Kimmy that is funny.

today shopping.

Now on here, and cooking.

will post later
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: November 24, 2012, 05:14:55 am »
Well done Kimmy! I'm sure astarra would be proud of you ;D

Nikkit, best wishes to your MIL and I hope you enjoyed a well deserved nana nap and/or horse ride :-*

I've been doing secret things.... ;D

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: November 24, 2012, 05:25:18 am »
How are you feeling today Amy? Any better?  :)
Katie, Perth WA

• View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: November 24, 2012, 05:27:29 am »
Yes, better today thanks Katie :D Fingers crossed it lasts ;)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: November 24, 2012, 05:58:00 am »
Putting my feet up now after a hectic day at the school fair. Defrosted cake last night, iced it this morning, got to school before 9 to find absolute chaos at Dutch pancake stall - couldn't find eggs & milk! Eventually tracked them down, helped make 10lt batch of mix & set up stall, then more helpers arrived so moved onto strawberries & cream stall (The school allocates a stall to each class) - wasn't rostered on but someone didn't show up. Next shift arrived, so grabbed something to eat, tracked down kids made sure they were fed & watered, bought a couple of things then started my bar shift. Very hot here today so I was flat out for next 2 1/2 hours, bar ran out of water, ice, they bought more in, water ran out again in about 1/2 hour! Was very impressed that most kids wanted water rather than soft drink. Beers were popular with grown ups too!
They wanted me to stay at bar after my shift, but kids were tired so we came home after having another look around the fair. Out of bread so I have some happy Hally bread rising, but I'll be ordering pizzas in for dinner tonight!
A girlfriend is coming around later for a few drinks - says she needs to let off steam, could be dangerous!
Sorry for the essay - needed to debrief.😃
Melbourne, inner north

• View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: November 24, 2012, 06:26:10 am »
Sounds like a very hectic day Deedub. Well done for all the work you did :) Now you can relax for the rest of the day!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: November 24, 2012, 07:00:38 am »
I am having an Astarra day ;D I have stripped and washed three beds, one load if kinder washing and two other loads, cleaned two bathrooms and 2 toilets, made Swedish ice cream cheesecake and tenina's pull apart. All before lunch. DH has read the newspaper and amused the children!

LOL!  :D :D

Today I have cleaned all my windows inside and out, washed the drapes and re-hung them, Cooked and served breakfast & lunch, done washing and dishes, took the kids to the park for a while, then had an afternoon sleep! Now about to cook dinner for the tribe!  :D
:D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: November 24, 2012, 07:29:05 am »
Good debrief deedub. Enjoy your drinks sounds like you have earned them :)

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4724 on: November 24, 2012, 07:53:03 am »
Wow Astarra I am exhausted just reading about your day. Takes me back to when I was in the same stage in life that you are in now.
Treasure it as its gone oin a flash  :)