Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128304 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #2520 on: September 14, 2012, 02:14:15 am »
Amy I think some of the ongoing burning/pain might be because of your fear of needles. you are probably tense while the treatment is underway which is understandable. I know that when I am having dry needling if tense up it is painful.

Everyone and every injury responds differently to treatment.  Sometimes I find almost instant relief from treatment and sometimes it is a day or two later before I notice an improvement.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 14, 2012, 05:25:40 am »
Hope you are ok Amy.

When My kids get needles, the doctors give them stickers, a stamp on the hand, and jelly beans.

Thanks Robyn :) My doctor used to give me jelly snakes ;D

Amy my DD22 used to be scared silly of needles had to have a blood test when she was about 13 she went white as a ghost and had to lie down. Then she decided to become a midwife and had to have countless needles so she is used to it now. I think the more you have the easier it gets.

I'd rather just not have any :-))

Amy I think some of the ongoing burning/pain might be because of your fear of needles. you are probably tense while the treatment is underway which is understandable. I know that when I am having dry needling if tense up it is painful.

Everyone and every injury responds differently to treatment.  Sometimes I find almost instant relief from treatment and sometimes it is a day or two later before I notice an improvement.

I was focusing really hard on keeping the tension in my upper body rather than my legs. Maybe it didn't work :(
There's not a whole lot of improvement today either... :-\

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: September 14, 2012, 05:28:06 am »
Amy, take care, alot of people don't like needles..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: September 14, 2012, 11:44:50 am »
Can't stand needles either but as you get older you get used to it Amy

😝😝😝😝

Just had a friend call in with 8lts of raw milk, guess tomorrow will be ricotta.
Can anyone think of anything else, still have a kilo of yogurt made two days ago.
😄😄😄😄
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: September 14, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »
I've been cleaning and tiding my food cupboards.Amazing what I found  :o
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: September 14, 2012, 09:32:49 pm »
I have just finished a five day course of The Buteyko Institute Method of Breathing and the results are really encouraging so far. 

A couple of years ago I started snoring badly - giving my poor DH h**l and both of us sleepless nights.  I suspect I also suffered from sleep apnoea, but never went to get this diagnosed.  Anyway, it got to such a point that I had to do something about the problem.  I had seen these courses advertised as well as an acupunturist friend suggesting I check it out so, this week I enrolled on a course.

The method revolves around changing how you breathe, as the name of the Institute indicates, and claims great success with asthmatics, as well as those with snoring / sleep apnoea, etc.  The first night my snoring had stopped and, apart from a snuffle or two last night, the improvement has been immense.  I just hope I am able to continue the exercises and change my sleeping patterns around totally.  At this stage, I would say that it is money well spent.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: September 14, 2012, 10:18:32 pm »
Thanks for that Cuilidh!   . . have never heard of this before but will be passing the information along to a friend whose husband has quite a problem.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: September 15, 2012, 12:30:06 am »
That's great Cuilidh.

Good results so fast..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 15, 2012, 01:35:59 am »
Excellent results Marina, so worth the money it appears.  If everyone who had this problem went along just think how much happier some partners would be  ;D  I think the problem would be getting them there in the first place.  Thanks for sharing this information with us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 15, 2012, 02:21:47 am »
That is a great result Cuilidh, hope it continues to help you.

I've been cleaning and tiding my food cupboards.Amazing what I found  :o
I know the problem CC have just found a tin of condensed milk (out of date) in mine and goodness knows what else is lurking in there.  Must give it a  spring clean.   ;D
Marie

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: September 15, 2012, 02:55:44 am »
Oooh, cuilidh that sounds interesting, going to have to do some googling!  DH is a terrible snorer - a couple of broken noses from his football days means he breathes mostly through his mouth.

We have been out to the first day of Little Athletics for the year.  DS5 is thrilled to be back and DS2 had to complete in the events too - he even did the whole cross country race and is now so exhausted he fell asleep in the car home.  Bliss!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 15, 2012, 03:05:49 am »
cooking jam today

[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 15, 2012, 03:27:52 am »
Snappy, have a look at www.buteykoairways.com and www.sleepingallnight.com - they may possibly both be the same web site - I haven't looked at them, to be honest.  Good luck.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: September 15, 2012, 05:04:56 am »
gardening today - have removed a very sad looking diosma and moved some plants around
perfect spring day in Canberra

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: September 15, 2012, 07:37:48 am »
I went for a nice 11km run this morning. Had my hair cut and now I am waiting to get ready for a wedding.