Author Topic: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens  (Read 503393 times)

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
Re: Why did you choose your forum name plus photos of our kitchens
« Reply #765 on: April 10, 2012, 06:48:05 pm »
Hi everyone

I thought I would try to revatilise this thread as I am curious about the ideas behind the usernames of some of our newer forum members!  Also, after spending a couple of days beating myself up about how I hadn't achieved anything over the school holidays (except for cinnamon scrolls, that is) today I made umami paste, chicken stock paste, veggie paste AND cleaned out my fridge and pantry!  Yahh me!  The pantry was a very big job . . . I am not a stellar housewife, I'm afriad and it was just in the nick of time as in an open packet of pistachio nuts, I found weevil grubs . . . ugh!  So now everythings ordered and sealed or chucked out, it would have been a disasterous if weevils had gone through my whole pantry, but now everything is sealed away safely.  

You may notice that I have 5 jars of vegemite on the top shelf!  Whenever husband goes to Aldi, he always bemoans the fact that they only sell quite smallish jars, so he buys another jar.  I thought we had 2 jars in stock, but when I dusted the top shelf, found five!!

Anyway, I'm posting a photo here as noone around here will probably even notice, but I'm sure you guys all understand how great it is to have a neat pantry!

Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 10, 2012, 06:53:37 pm »
Pantry's are a huge achievement and task!! A mammoth task achieved over the holidays Lellyj :) My pantry has exploded since I have had to go wheat free with so many more ingredients as I experiment that I can barely get into it. We are culling bit by bit as we discover what doesn't work for us but manI would love to be able to walk into it and put stuff away with out things falling on my head  :-))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 10, 2012, 06:58:09 pm »
Thanks Faffa, I knew forum members would understand  ;) ;)  Good luck with your pantry and your wheatfree diet . . . and now shouldn't we be sleeping?!
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 10, 2012, 07:17:00 pm »
Lelly how long will it stay like that, i know not long at my place lol
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 10, 2012, 10:55:06 pm »
Lellyj I love your big pantry. Mine like my kitchen is small. I hope you have warned your family not to mess it up LOL.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 11, 2012, 12:02:12 am »
It looks great Lellyj, I thought that was 5 jars of Vegemite but wasn't sure - guess you won't run out for quite some time ;)
Mine starts of nice and tidy then I go shopping and things just get shoved in where they can so it seems to be a continual job of cleaning out the pantry.  I thought by buying my set of drawers for all my spices would help but I guess I am just a hopeless shopper who likes to have everything on tap at any given time.  Thank goodness it has a floor, I have so much big stuff down there.
There is nothing nicer than a tidy pantry but do you find if you put things in a different spot, you can find them  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 11, 2012, 02:23:24 am »
My user name is Kyton which is a combination of both my and my husband's first names - Kylie and Tony. Not very original but easy to remember  ;D

We built our home a little over two years ago so I was able to design my kitchen to how I wanted it. I love my pantry to death! I just cleaned it out ready for a trip to Costco and in preparation for buying a TM.

Ooops sorry if the photos are too large - still getting used to photobucket.
Kylie

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 11, 2012, 02:31:44 am »
There are going to be loads of very envious people on this forum once they see your kitchen and larder, Kylie.  They are so big and orderly with everything so well laid out and labelled - it's putting me to shame - I've been meaning to sort out my pantry for ages, perhaps this is the push I need.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 11, 2012, 03:10:27 am »
Great, we are getting some more photos of kitchens - it has gone quiet of late.  Kylie you did a great job of designing your kitchen, I love it and I'd kill for a pantry like that 8)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 11, 2012, 03:28:30 am »
Thank you for the kind words. When my husband and I were sitting with our builder he wanted to give me a corner pantry 1m x 1m. I went home and thought about it for a week. Finally I went back and said listen just run me a 1.8m deep room the length of the kitchen directly behind it.

I just labelled everything a week ago. I now have baskets for Italian, Tex-Mex, Asian and Indian-Middle Eastern and have sorted the relevant spices, sauces and herbs into each one. My husband doesn't like this system but since he doesn't cook it is my choice how to arrange everything.
Kylie

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 11, 2012, 06:43:41 am »
oooh I love it, and all those beautiful glass jars up the top row
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 11, 2012, 07:01:53 am »
what a beautiful kitchen kyton! Very jealous of your pantry, mine is basically a deep cupboard, which can be a pain when the very thing you want is right at the back and you have to move things to get to it. I did a mini pantry clean up the other day when my tupperware order arrived - thought I'd ordered heaps, but now I've run out of containers! Must say when everything's in containers gives me so much more room in the pantry.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 11, 2012, 07:15:00 am »
What a gorgeous kitchen! I love your splashback and your pantry. I have been trying to design my new kitchen (a pipe dream for now but fun nonetheless) and I love that idea of a long pantry.
Kerryn

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 11, 2012, 07:55:26 am »
Thanks again. Those glass jars were from The Reject Shop and were only $5 each.

I bought 15 and they are great to see exactly what I have and what is running low.

My splash is a picture of our favourite beach - Waimea in Oahu.
Kylie

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 11, 2012, 08:07:56 am »
Finally I went back and said listen just run me a 1.8m deep room the length of the kitchen directly behind it.

Total inspiration Kyton!!  How brilliant was that idea!!  I'd walk over nails and hot coals  to have a pantry like that!!  I have cupboards so deep it's hard to even reach the back of them let alone remember what's back there . . . .one of these days . . . . :-)) :-))

If I were your builder I'd be really impressed . . and passing that location idea onto other clients . .(and giving you a commission!!) ;D