Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6082039 times)

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23940 on: May 17, 2020, 10:57:44 pm »
Your turtles look wonderful Chookie. It's nice to be able to have visitors again. A patient got good news on Friday and he hugged his surgeon and he hugged me, wasn't overly comfortable with that. DH and I will need to grocery shop today. We have been going fortenightly. DH will do Aldi and I will go to Chemist and Coles.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23941 on: May 17, 2020, 11:09:18 pm »
GD coming today to do some cleaning.  Very happy about that.  Think she might need some pocket money.  :)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23942 on: May 18, 2020, 04:31:00 am »
We have not grasped on to the fact that things have changed with restrictions. Just want DD safe before she goes back to boarding school . Cooking lots of biscuits.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23943 on: May 18, 2020, 06:18:38 am »
I love apple pies, yours look real cute Chookie  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23944 on: May 18, 2020, 06:56:00 am »
Friends have their 52nd wedding anniversary today. I’ve invited them over for an isolation coffee and cookie.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23945 on: May 18, 2020, 07:33:29 am »
Friends have their 52nd wedding anniversary today. I’ve invited them over for an isolation coffee and cookie.

Cookies from Cookie  :D I've been meaning to get some limoncello to make your melting moments.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23946 on: May 18, 2020, 08:23:35 am »
Cookie, that is nice.  I’m sure they will appreciate it.
KATIE, try not to stress too much with kids returning to school.  We talked to our GD about it today.  The schools are certainly take extra precautions.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23947 on: May 18, 2020, 01:25:16 pm »
Thank you Chookie , I think it’s the change is so full on after all the care we have done to keep safe .
Helped DS stack wood , I picked up the small kindling bits . He is doing an awesome job . Every second day ..two wheelbarrows at the back door one for the front door to be then put inside and fills one wheelbarrow for DH to put with ease some wood into the boiler !!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23948 on: May 18, 2020, 11:44:15 pm »
KATIE, servicing the wood fires is certainly a big job.  Well done DS.  We also would burn a full barrow of wood a day at Cherokee.  It is nice to just flick the switch here at Invermay.  Not so nice paying the bill.
Prepared everything for visitor for lunch yesterday. More time to talk.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23949 on: May 19, 2020, 12:15:41 am »
We lit our fire the other day for the first time as our place was being filmed for a realestate.com article.  We only put one load in it for the effect (around 1.00 pm) and the poor film crew were melting - the top deck door was wide open, the air con was set on low and the other door into the stairwell was also open.  When I went up at 5.00 pm to close the doors the fire was embers but the room was still really warm.  I am looking forward to seeing how it works once we start using it regularly in the winter.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23950 on: May 19, 2020, 02:18:41 am »
We have an open fire next to the dinning room that DD now uses as her study / art work , so this keeps her warm , she feels the cold more than all of us .
Ventured out to get a parcel from post office and bakery for bread and milk .

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23951 on: May 19, 2020, 05:20:06 am »
We lit our fire the other day for the first time as our place was being filmed for a realestate.com article.  We only put one load in it for the effect (around 1.00 pm) and the poor film crew were melting - the top deck door was wide open, the air con was set on low and the other door into the stairwell was also open.  When I went up at 5.00 pm to close the doors the fire was embers but the room was still really warm.  I am looking forward to seeing how it works once we start using it regularly in the winter.

How exciting Cuilidh, is it to advertise the builder who did your renovation? 

I've been re-doing all my spices, putting them into new containers.  I found 3 jars of fennel seeds (which I hardly use).  Threw out some older ones but generally they are pretty good.  Was doing a bit of sneezing though especially when transferring the different peppercorns.  ;D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23952 on: May 19, 2020, 08:38:18 am »

How exciting Cuilidh, is it to advertise the builder who did your renovation? 

I've been re-doing all my spices, putting them into new containers.  I found 3 jars of fennel seeds (which I hardly use).  Threw out some older ones but generally they are pretty good.  Was doing a bit of sneezing though especially when transferring the different peppercorns.  ;D

It was all done through our architect - who is up for four awards for our build!  Very exciting and we wish him luck.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23953 on: May 20, 2020, 12:49:32 am »
Marina, how exciting.  Well done. 
Julie, the pepper also makes me sneeze.
Collected 2 books from PO.  Will report on one on Flower arranging one when I have had time to look at it.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23954 on: May 20, 2020, 07:38:05 am »
Hope your architech does well Marina.

Looking forward to seeing some arrangements Chookie.

Work today - a bit different, I was in reception taking temps and doing the covid screens.